Is the Sacrifice of the Mass Performance in the RCC, the Same as the Sacrifice of the Cross?

jonathan_hili

mica

Okay, if there was a person who was the leader of all believers on earth, how does that take away honour from God? I mean, if there is a prime minister over a nation of citizens, does that take away honour from God?
look at the 'church' you belong to and all of the false teachings that stem from it.

that's secular. they existed in His time also but they didn't rule over Him. His apostles / believers didn't believe the secular leaders over Him. catholics do.

the RCC has built a whole lot of false teachings based on Peter being the head / leader of all believers. Even infallibility - and 'a chair' and submission to him.

He wasn't. and if you read and understand scripture you'd know that.

and just look at how catholics (claiming to be a believers and follower) twist and stretch His words to support those false teachings.

mica

mica said:
that's a major fail for someone who claims to be all up on the RCC teachings.

it was all over the news here. maybe you should try mr google.

Well, those making a claim should present evidence to support it. Or have you forgotten the time Martin Luther spoke about the necessity of burning the Book of James because it caused him constipation?
and those who want to claim against it should look up their own info. It's about your pope - your church leader. why don't you know?

nope. can't forget something I never knew. I know very little about Luther.

mica

mica

He wears the yoke of Christ, which is light.
haven't seen or heard a hint of that. Christ came to ease our burdens not increase them. your pope and your church weigh people down spiritually with the man made burdens he / it puts on them. much like Judaism did to the Jews.

balshan

haven't seen or heard a hint of that. Christ came to ease our burdens not increase them. your pope and your church weigh people down spiritually with the man made burdens he / it puts on them. much like Judaism did to the Jews.
That is so true.

jonathan_hili

look at the 'church' you belong to and all of the false teachings that stem from it.

that's secular. they existed in His time also but they didn't rule over Him. His apostles / believers didn't believe the secular leaders over Him. catholics do.

the RCC has built a whole lot of false teachings based on Peter being the head / leader of all believers. Even infallibility - and 'a chair' and submission to him.

He wasn't. and if you read and understand scripture you'd know that.

and just look at how catholics (claiming to be a believers and follower) twist and stretch His words to support those false teachings.
Okay, let's try this.

How about you post as many verses as you can to show that Peter wasn't in a position of leadership or privilege among Jesus' followers, and I'll do the same for the contrary? Then we can see who has more verses supporting their respective positions.

jonathan_hili

and those who want to claim against it should look up their own info. It's about your pope - your church leader. why don't you know?
Evidence needs to be presented to counter evidence that has been presented. It's like in a law court. The prosecution doesn't just claim someone's guilt, with the defence having to prove they aren't; rather, the prosecution needs to present evidence of guilt and then the defence counter it.
nope. can't forget something I never knew. I know very little about Luther.
He didn't. I was making it up.

jonathan_hili

Christ came to ease our burdens? What gives you that impression! Jesus said he came to bring a sword that would divide believers and their families/friends; he said his followers would be persecuted; he said we need to take up our cross daily to follow him...

Jesus' burden is light because he is there to carry it with us but it isn't a picnic being a Christian - and it shouldn't be. Once we get comfortable in our faith, that's a big warning sign that something is wrong.

balshan

Evidence needs to be presented to counter evidence that has been presented. It's like in a law court. The prosecution doesn't just claim someone's guilt, with the defence having to prove they aren't; rather, the prosecution needs to present evidence of guilt and then the defence counter it.

He didn't. I was making it up.
So you defend people by making things up, that is your evidence. Oh you do follow your leaders. You didn't need to make something up, did you, you could have done a direct quote about what he actually said about the book. I mean he considered it a book of straw. Which shows that Luther just like your popes is fallible.

Last edited:

RayneBeau

The Sacrifice of the Mass contains no blood. As such, it cannot be the SAME as Calvary.

There are several reasons for this pagan sacrifice of the Mass, most notably their profound ignorance of scripture.
And, the necessity of having their priests repeatedly perform Christ's sacrifice in order to renew it.

RayneBeau

Where did Jesus say the ritual is salvific? Where did Jesus say the cracker and wine magically turn into His literal flesh and blood? How is this not cannibalism?
That's just it. It is Roman Catholic doctrine alone that insists that the bread and wine used in the communion service are changed by a miracle. This miracle is not evident, that is the substances will still look like bread and wine. Nevertheless, Roman Catholic doctrine insists that they actually become the flesh and blood of Jesus, and are no longer bread and wine. This supposed "miracle" is called:" transubstantiation, and it's based on a tradition which started to enter the church around 300 A.D. It was after this, around the year 1226, that Roman Catholics began to bow down before the bread. The RCC, having accepted this tradition, tries to give the practice the appearance of a biblical basis with a strange interpretation of these words of Jesus " ". . . and after He had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." And, in the same way after the supper, He took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me, . . . this cup is the new covenant in my blood." The Roman Catholic interpretation is that the bread and wine which Christ held in His hand was by a miracle transformed into His body.

RayneBeau

Only up until Easter, April 4, 2021. After that the new Roman Missal is obligatory throughout Italy. which include changes to

the Lord’s Prayer:

Instead of “Do not lead us into temptation but deliver us from evil", it will now be "Do not abandon us to temptation but deliver us from evil”

and the Gloria:

instead of beginning with “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to people of goodwill,” the new version will be “Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth to people, beloved by the Lord.”

Why do I know this and you don't?
So, once again the Roman Catholic Church has decided that they know better than the Son of God and the inscribed words of the Holy Spirit in God's Word, and have revised Christ's words that He used in the teaching of the Lord's prayer, to now say what the Roman Catholic Church wants the words in the prayer to now be changed to. So, what the RCC is basically stating over 2000 years later, is that when the disciples asked our Lord to teach them to pray, that what Jesus was taught His disciples, as well as all mankind through them, was that Christ's teaching on how to pray to the Father was not sufficient and needed to be revised with the corrections the Roman Catholic Church would insert.
How very benevolent of the RCC to do that for God.:( :devilish: