Is the "World's Oldest Bible" a Fake?

What good is a membership without a speaking engagement?

Do you have our conversation from the old CARM?
That would give the actual posts.

Unbound posted it. Look at it.

It's on BVDB (It wasn't on CARM).

Do you not remember that, either?

So we continue to demonstrate who has the FAULTY memory (it wasn't on CARM) and who has the reliable one.
We thank you for clarifying this for the rest of us.

Wait a minute - you're implying here you're going to speak at a meeting next year you're not sure even exists??????
1) Next year's meeting is in San Antonio
2) the topic of submitted papers is "Theological Anthropology"
So.....did you not know this when you suggested you were going to be speaking at a meeting you're not sure even exists????

Lots of possibilities, regional, national, international.

Also various Journals.

Within some months to a year, I would be more interested in these venues.

It's on BVDB (It wasn't on CARM).

If I was not on BVDB at the time, the post is worthless, it does not show what were your words to me.

Your memory fails again, since your words to me were on CARM in Feb. 2018.
The thread was:
Who Darkened Sinaiticus? - colour variance - white parchment Frederico-Augustanus

Granted, your debate challenge memory failings are much worse.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to get all documented instances of Simonides using, or trying to use the same basic hidden stash of manuscripts sales pitch found by my uncle in x monastery storyline (either successfully or unsuccessfully).

He used the same basic sales pitch with slight variations which he adapted to his individual target (victims).

• He used it on the King of Greece.
  • He used it (slight variant) in Turkey.
  • He used it about the Sinaiticus.
  • He used it (with slight variations) in Cairo after being only slightly dead.
  • He also used it in Russia in another instance (I'm not sure of the exact timeline of this yet. It's in German. It could have been prior to the Sinaiticus debacle, or it could have been after being only slightly dead). [Okay, update, this took place in 1851, real time (not Simonides fictional timeline)]

I've only been researching this a very short time. Help, or contributions (excepting any ingrained and/or twisted conspratorialist fantasy theories - of course) on this, is appreciated.

Update, other instances, one in Greece, reported in an 1851 issue of Pandora, (a Greek magazine) also.

Last edited:
  • He also used it in Russia in another instance (I'm not sure of the exact timeline of this yet. It's in German. It could have been prior to the Sinaiticus debacle, or it could have been after being only slightly dead). [Okay, update, this took place in 1851, real time (not Simonides fictional timeline)]

In 1851 there is a Pandora article referenced by James Anson Farrer.

Literary Forgeries (1907)
https://books.google.com/books?id=4lgLAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA41

In 1851 Mr. Rancabes, the Greek poet, condemned all Simonides’ MSS. as forgeries, in the Pandora; he thought they all bore traces of having been composed by one hand, and he calculated that the whole collection might have been produced in about a year and a half. But there was strong political antagoism between Rancabes and Simonides, and this probably coloured the criticism. In any case the verdict.

More here:

Neohellenica, an introduction to modern Greek in the form of dialogue containing specimens of the language from the third century B.C. to the present day; to which is added an appendix giving examples of the Cypriot dialect
Constantinides, Michael; Rogers, H. T. (Henry Thomas), 1830-1898
https://archive.org/stream/neohellenicaintr00consiala#page/378/mode/2up/
https://books.google.com/books?id=oCkTAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA378

There may also be a reference on p. 66 of

Die Odyssee des Fälschers (2011)
Rüdiger Schaper

I'll try to check the 2015 book if I have a few minutes, too.

Various references/articles critical of Simonides in The Athenaeum 1861-1863 (googlebooks). Not sure if these are of value to you.

A better url:
(Google Play is annoying)

Athenaeum July 6, 1861
https://books.google.com/books?id=fY8eAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA755

Also p. 731, p848-849 and 882 might be relevant.

The second one has a better url here:

Athenaeum Jan 25, 1862
https://books.google.com/books?id=yBJEAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA11
These might be relevant.
p. 51
p. 84
p. 117-118
p. 193-194
p. 226

And there is lots more Athenaeum

Last edited:
So you think there are no plausible alternative explanations for the Codex Sinaiticus' "ancient appearance"?

I.e. the simpler and more obvious explanations like, it has an "ancient appearance" because it is ancient?

Or that it's "older appearance" is because it is really old?

With all Avery's diversionary talk of Sinaiticus's white colored leaves being some sort of supposed proof of 19th century composition, ask him why he hasn't told anyone that his precious 6th century Fuldensis is WHITE!

With all Avery's diversionary talk of Sinaiticus's white colored leaves being some sort of supposed proof of 19th century composition, ask him why he hasn't told anyone that his precious 6th century Fuldensis is WHITE!

Good question.

But Slime-on says...

But the Monasteries said... about Slime-on... that (in essence) he told a whole truckload of twisted lies about everyone and everything he came into contact with while in the Monasteries... ?????

Lots of possibilities, regional, national, international.

Also various Journals.

Within some months to a year, I would be more interested in these venues.

Instead of, "I had no idea what I was talking about," we get - as is the custom - the pretense you were talking about something else even though YOU brought up Dr. Robinson, and I honestly doubt he was talking about "a bunch of places all over the place."

Fauci says he is Mr. Science. "I am the Science."

Has nothing at all to do with the point.

Since you are so concerned about "anti-vaxx"

Yet another assertion...

.. have you seen the new movie "Died Suddenly"?

Nope.

The stupidest claims in the world - as I noted earlier - seem to all being with "I found this on the Internet" and "I watched a You Tube video," of which a movie is essentially the same thing.

If I was not on BVDB at the time, the post is worthless,

How would you being there or not being there have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with your FALSE CLAIM that I somehow had influence with SBL?

It's not like anyone stops you from reading it.

it does not show what were your words to me.

It's still on BDVD

Your memory fails again, since your words to me were on CARM in Feb. 2018.

Nope.

The thread REGARDING SBL (which was your previous whine) is from 2016, not 2018, and is on BVDB.

Notice the words:
The call for papers for SBL typically opens around mid-December 2016 and you will know if you are selected by March 2017.

Now I don't know how they keep calendars in Queens, okay?
I have no way of knowing what brain damage the water may cause or the toxic fumes.

In the real world, though, 2016 is prior to 2018.

You keep telling us CARM threads aren't here, then you say you have them.

Is your life really this boring?
And whom precisely has the obsession?

Again- I can understand completely why you are terrified of saying the words, "I'm sorry, I was wrong."

The thread was:
Who Darkened Sinaiticus? - colour variance - white parchment Frederico-Augustanus

Guy who asked me for evidence now claims he had it - but ignores the reality of the 2016 post.

THIS is the ahem "researcher" who has dated a manuscript he's never seen and can't read.

Granted, your debate challenge memory failings are much worse.

More gaslighting.

Remember folks - there's a difference between the TRUTH and HIM ADMITTING THE TRUTH.

Simonides (alias Kallinikos) said that the Sinaiticus:

"had been PREPARED apparently MANY CENTURIES AGO [...] MUCH INJURED BY TIME"

How, when, and why did he/they change from "MUCH INJURED BY TIME", to injured by Tischendorf?

Simonides originally said (effectually) that the manuscript material was ancient "PREPARED...MANY CENTURIES AGO"

Three questions I want convincing answers to, in Simonides' and/or Kallinkos' own unambiguous words (not made up or distorted/twisted stories by latter 20th/21st century conspiracists)!

1. Where did Simonides (or his alter-ego Kallinikos) them/him-self actually say that the parchment skin for their bazar-Tsar-project was actually grown, tanned, (i.e. manufactured) in the 19th century?
  2. How do we get from a carefully-selected ancient materials story, to a newly grown and tanned parchment story?
  3. Where, and when did that change take place?

Back