Is there a Bible verse that says Jesus now knows when the end will come?

How is it i show you major truths, yet you cannot see past yourself? You are just trying to goad me into saying a wrong answer. I know i already answered that so i wont again.

Why do you hate Colossians 3:20?

The Trinitarian Catholic Catechism 469 says...

"What he was, he remained and what he was not, he assumed"

Are you saying that catechism is false?
If it contradicts Scripture, most emphatically YES.

I am curious...

A) Do you consider the CATHOLIC Trinitarian view to be the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity?

B) Or do you consider YOUR Trinitarian view to be the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity?

orthodox: conforming to what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true

P.S. I am not a Trinitarian.

My non-believing brother says he's watching a Law and Order episode that says Jesus won't know.
Yes! And tell your brother that if Jesus does not know Law and Order can't know. At Matthew 24:3 the disciples ask Jesus, "Tell us, and when will these things be, and what will be the sign of Your coming and the end of the world." At vs4 Jesus says, "See to it that no one misleads you."

Now read all of the following verses up to verse 15. "THEREFORE, (why is it therefor?) when you see the Abomination of Desolation which was spoke of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, (let the reader understand). This is a tipoff as to when the end of the world will happen. Nobody including Jesus knows the exact day or the exact hour but we do have clues of the approximate time by looking at the signs.

From vs16-28 on Jesus tells the disciples what will happen to those who will be alive. Jesus basically says, "Get out of Dodge." Then vs29, "But immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days the Sun will be darkened, and the Moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of heaven will be shaken, vs30, and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory."

Vs31, "And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other." All of this seems pretty simple and straightforward to me. I also don't see any room for a rapture before the tribulation. It just does not make any sense for a rapture to occur and all hell is breaking loose on earth and were up there enjoying the Lamb's supper. Now it's your turn to tell me all about the various spirits and vials etc.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Yes! And tell your brother that if Jesus does not know Law and Order can't know. At Matthew 24:3 the disciples ask Jesus, "Tell us, and when will these things be, and what will be the sign of Your coming and the end of the world." At vs4 Jesus says, "See to it that no one misleads you."

Now read all of the following verses up to verse 15. "THEREFORE, (why is it therefor?) when you see the Abomination of Desolation which was spoke of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, (let the reader understand). This is a tipoff as to when the end of the world will happen. Nobody including Jesus knows the exact day or the exact hour but we do have clues of the approximate time by looking at the signs.

From vs16-28 on Jesus tells the disciples what will happen to those who will be alive. Jesus basically says, "Get out of Dodge." Then vs29, "But immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days the Sun will be darkened, and the Moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of heaven will be shaken, vs30, and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory."

Vs31, "And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other." All of this seems pretty simple and straightforward to me. I also don't see any room for a rapture before the tribulation. It just does not make any sense for a rapture to occur and all hell is breaking loose on earth and were up there enjoying the Lamb's supper. Now it's your turn to tell me all about the various spirits and vials etc.

IN GOD THE SON,
james
Thanks. My brother lives in Florida. I'll send information when I'm sure power is available.

I am curious...

A) Do you consider the CATHOLIC Trinitarian view to be the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity?

B) Or do you consider YOUR Trinitarian view to be the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity?

orthodox: conforming to what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true

P.S. I am not a Trinitarian.
I don't trust Roman Catholicism on anything, something for another thread, but my point about Jesus while on earth relinquishing His Omniscience on this one issue, even though the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him bodily, is based on His own confession in Scripture, that only the Father knew the day or hour of His Return and the end of the age. If that's not orthodox then orthodox is not the standard of Scriptural truth I uphold.

Mat 24:3
Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

Mat 24:35-36
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. (36) "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Act 1:6-7
Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" (7) And He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.

Col 2:8-10
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. (9) For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; (10) and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

IN GOD THE SON,
james
BTW, my brother isn't curious as a seeker. I think he's investigating my knowledge of the Bible. He has a few college degrees and has taught business in college. My other 2 brothers have PhDs. I'm a pitful person who had only one college class and was considered a loser by my father as was anyone else without a degree. Goodness! This world with be a sorry place without people like my grandfather who repaired appliances and my uncle who was an electrician. Mechanics and waitresses and housekeepers are useful to many highly educated people.

Last edited:
Not for me. Scripture affirms the Father, Son, Holy Spirit relationship of the Godhead.
Your translations are altered, and filled with errors Catholicism put in to back false council teachings=100% fact. When the protestants translated in the 1300,s they had no clue what occurred. No one was allowed to read the bible but Catholic clergy until the 1300,s. It was kept in Latin, few knew that language.

Your translations are altered, and filled with errors Catholicism put in to back false council teachings=100% fact. When the protestants translated in the 1300,s they had no clue what occurred. No one was allowed to read the bible but Catholic clergy until the 1300,s. It was kept in Latin, few knew that language.
Every cult claims to have the right text.

Every cult claims to have the right text.

If one knows Gods view of a cult makes it much simpler, especially since his view is all that counts= A house divided( 34,000 trinity religions) will not stand--pretty simple--They fail this true mark 100%= 1 Cor 1:10= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division.

If one knows Gods view of a cult makes it much simpler, especially since his view is all that counts= A house divided( 34,000 trinity religions) will not stand--pretty simple--They fail this true mark 100%= 1 Cor 1:10= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division.
So JW's are the true believers! Right.

They have the teachings of Jesus and true God worship history backing them. There is nothing else.
Since according to JW's Jesus is "a god" at John 1:1 how do explain John 1:3, "All things came into being by Him, and WITHOUT Him nothing came into being that has come into being."

It says at Isaah 44:24, I, the Lord am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens BY MYSELF, And spreading out the earth ALL ALONE."

How do explain this contradiction by the JW's with what the Bible says? Btw, Colossians 1:16 also says all things were created by Jesus as well. The NWT says all "other" things were created by Jesus. Can you please explain what are these "other" things?

In Him,
james

Back