Is there anyone here who is pro-choice?

Well abortions have historically been broken out generally into 3 categories. The first is to save the life of the mother, the second rape and incest and 3rd everything else. So I would say "need" is defined by the first 2 categories.
How is rape "need"?

The only time any woman gets an abortion in the 3rd trimester -- the only time this EVER happens -- is if there is a problem with the baby (i.e. it is already dead, or so horrifically deformed that it will not survive). Usually in these cases a woman will tragically miscarry, but sometimes -- about 5% of the time -- that does not happen, and if doctors don't perform an abortion, the woman will go into sepsis and die a horrific, agonizing death.

l.
Those statements demonstrate your agenda and convince me you don't know what you are talking 'bout.
You stubbornly do NOT know the difference between D&C and abortion.

Do you know why you are stubborn?

Women need truth and not your political talking points.

When the pro-choicers get exposed, they have to hunker down and get more aggressive to save face. Protect their egos.

Those statements demonstrate your agenda and convince me you don't know what you are talking 'bout.
You stubbornly do NOT know the difference between D&C and abortion.

Do you know why you are stubborn?

Women need truth and not your political talking points.

When the pro-choicers get exposed, they have to hunker down and get more aggressive to save face. Protect their egos.
But we were convinced that you don't know what you are talking about from the moment you arrived on the site. Every post you make, including this one, confirms that conviction.

Pro-Choice = Pro - Abortion = Pro-Euphemism = Pro-deception.

Modern healthcare has no room for the pro-abortion word games and intentional deception.

Pro-Choice = Pro - Abortion = Pro-Euphemism = Pro-deception.

Modern healthcare has no room for the pro-abortion word games and intentional deception.
Pro-Life= Pro - Birth = Pro-Euphemism = Pro-deception.

Modern healthcare has no room for your word games and intentional deception.

I suppose I should have said, "Is anyone here 'pro-abortion.'"

I am glad to hear that you support choice even though you are anti-abortion. I am in the same boat, and I suspect we agree on more than we disagree.
I think most people are dishonest in this thread.

If a woman want's to use pro choice as a birth control measure, she is pro abortion and therefore all the pro-choicers condone the murder of babies for a bit of fun in the sack.

Speak for yourself.

If a woman want's to use pro choice as a birth control measure, she is pro abortion and therefore all the pro-choicers condone the murder of babies for a bit of fun in the sack.
"Pro-Choice". Is not a birth control method. It is a moral position whereby the ultimate arbiter on whether or not to have an abortion (within reasonable constraints) is the woman involved. There are several birth control methods that technically are abortificants, in that they prevent a fertilised egg from implanting. The IUD for example is widely used in Europe, has few side effects and is very effective.

Abortion is not murder, as you have been told before. Your disparaging sexism does not change the fact that imposing your own moral views and dictating how a woman should behave or use her own body, is both outrageous and indefensible.

Then you think wrongly.
If a woman want's to use pro choice as a birth control measure, she is pro abortion
False. And the word "wants" in this context does not contain an apostrophe.
and therefore all the pro-choicers condone the murder of babies for a bit of fun in the sack.
No babies are involved.

Abortion is not murder.

You consistently post falsehoods on this subject. And then you have the audacity to claim that "most people are dishonest in this thread". I know of one person who is.

Temujin and Electric Skeptic said it better than I could.

I just want to add that, while there may be women who use abortion as a method of birth control, no one uses "pro-choice" as a method of birth control. Pro-choice is a philosophical position, not an action. Millions of people are pro-choice who have never had an abortion and never will. My mother is one example. Every pro-choice man on the planet is another.

And while there may be women who use abortion as a method of birth control, I've never met one, and it would be ridiculous to do so. It's a complicated procedure to get. There are dozens of more convenient methods available.

I just want to add that, while there may be women who use abortion as a method of birth control, no one uses "pro-choice" as a method of birth control. Pro-choice is a philosophical position, not an action. Millions of people are pro-choice who have never had an abortion and never will. My mother is one example. Every pro-choice man on the planet is another.

And while there may be women who use abortion as a method of birth control, I've never met one, and it would be ridiculous to do so. It's a complicated procedure to get. There are dozens of more convenient methods available.
People now argue against straw men; they're angry at folks who don't actually exist in great numbers: the liberal who wants open borders, the conservative who hates gay people, the atheist who's angry at God, the Christian who wants a theocracy in the US, the Democrat who wants all your money to go to the government, etc...

Sure, it's likely that there are a tiny number of people like this who DO exist, but they're so far to the extreme that basing your political/ideological viewpoints on them is just stupid. Rather, the vast majority of folks exhibit traits/ideals which are toned down versions of these straw men: the liberal who dislikes intolerance of immigrants, the conservative who thinks marriage should be as the bible describes it, the atheist who is annoyed at the influence of religion in his country, the Christian who wants Christian values exhibited/championed by its leaders, the Democrat who thinks the government is in the best position to solve a number of expensive problems, etc.

It's unlikely that we're going to stop doing this any time soon. Feeling good about yourself and your ideas is easy, when all you have to do is pretend the people you disagree with are caricatures. I've never met a woman who viewed abortion as birth control; indeed, most of my female friends see it as something to be avoided (and by "most", I'm simply avoiding saying "all"), and the few I know who've had one view it with sadness.

If we could avoid arguing against caricatures, the social and political climate in this country would be a whole lot better than it is right now.

If only one woman does it for those reasons, does it make it right to allow her to take a life.

You and others here says, it is her right to take a life.
Obviously the sense of morality here is in the toilet, and word games are being played, with some arguing a fetus is nothing more than a parasite.

I will leave you all to your beliefs, I do know however that every knee shall bow.

If only one woman does it for those reasons, does it make it right to allow her to take a life.

Obviously the sense of morality here is in the toilet, and word games are being played, with some arguing a fetus is nothing more than a parasite.

I will leave you all to your beliefs, I do know however that every knee shall bow.
This depends entirely on the value put on the life that is taken. If you value this life as highly as the life of any other human being, then the position you take is inevitable. If however you value the life of the unborn, not in absolute terms, but as a sliding scale rising from nothing at conception, to that of full humanity at birth, then the position taken by those who are pro-choice is inevitable. In the view of many, including myself, the life taken in abortion, particularly early abortion, is not valuable enough to cancel the mother's right to do what she wishes with her own body, whatever her reason may be.

Your task, if you are to win the argument, is to convince us that the life of the unborn human is as great at the moment of conception as it is at any other point of its lifetime. Our task is to convince you that the moral value of an embryo or a foetus, is less than that of a born human. The problem is that both sides have so far failed, not just here, but throughout the states where this remains a controversial subject. I'm not sure that it is possible for agreement on the moral issue to be reached. There can be practical arrangements made that satisfy the majority and keep the issue in the background, but there will always be those who feel strongly, on both sides.

If there is such a thing as an objective moral standard, then it certainly isn't clear here. If ever there was a need for the cosmic umpire to appear and make a ruling, it is on this subject. Don't claim that God has done this. There are Christians and atheists on both sides of this issue.

Manfred <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>the point

Back