Is this prophecy beginning to come to fruition? (1 Tim 4:3)

CrowCross

Is this prophecy beginning to come to fruition?

1st Tim 4:3
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. KJV

(some versions say:"require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving ESV)

A major supermarket chain in the UK is finalising plans to stock insects on its shelves and market them as a cheap food source for people struggling to afford to feed their families amid soaring inflation and the cost of living crisis.

The Daily Mail reports that Aldi is considering stocking ‘edible’ bugs and providing recipe kits for parents to prepare worms and crickets for their hungry children.

Potential products in the range include ‘sustainable’ cricket burgers, as well as ‘nuggets’ and ‘mince’. (article)

Well, besides what Bob said, something to consider is that the UK is not "commanding" the populace to eat bugs, and "worms and crickets" IMHO qualify as "meat". Bugs are a good source of protein. Many people throughout the world eat them. (Think John the Baptist's diet.)

FWIW, I went on a missions trip to Oaxaca, Mexico some years back. The local missionary (a Texan) offered us a local delicacy – chapulines. Bugs. Fried bugs. I tried some, and we took some back home. At work, I offered to share. ? The only people who took me up on the offer were those of oriental descent!

So, while Aldi's may offer bugs for sale, they'll probably be running into strong food prejudices. ?

--Rich

Well, besides what Bob said, something to consider is that the UK is not "commanding" the populace to eat bugs, and "worms and crickets" IMHO qualify as "meat". Bugs are a good source of protein. Many people throughout the world eat them. (Think John the Baptist's diet.)

FWIW, I went on a missions trip to Oaxaca, Mexico some years back. The local missionary (a Texan) offered us a local delicacy – chapulines. Bugs. Fried bugs. I tried some, and we took some back home. At work, I offered to share. ? The only people who took me up on the offer were those of oriental descent!

So, while Aldi's may offer bugs for sale, they'll probably be running into strong food prejudices. ?

--Rich
OK, but "bugs" are not a staple.

In several countries cows apparently fart too much...and there are some people who are doing away with the cows.

My original question was....is this prophecy beginning to come to fruition?

I also wonder how the "Forbidding to marry" portion will play into the scheme of things.

Is the preceeding verse apecifically for the RC Church?
1Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons, 2influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.

Is the preceeding verse apecifically for the RC Church?
1Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons, 2influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.
Nope - the "Visible Church" in general. TRUE the Catholics fall into lots of things that Scripture teaches against. SO if the SHOE FITS - The Bible doesn't concern itself with the GARBAGE that the "Nations" teach.

Nope - the "Visible Church" in general. TRUE the Catholics fall into lots of things that Scripture teaches against. SO if the SHOE FITS - The Bible doesn't concern itself with the GARBAGE that the "Nations" teach.
Is the "Visible Church" in general abstaining from meats

Is the "Visible Church" in general abstaining from meats
Nope - most of us got over that stupidity 500 years ago, although I LOVE Fish, just not for any silly religious reasons. Even the Catholics seem to have changed their tune, and their "Nuns" look like "Normal People" these days. Some groups (like the Assemblies of God) are into "Daniel fasts" around New Years, though (which is essentially a month long "Vegetarian diet" heavy on beans https://ultimatedanielfast.com/ultimate-daniel-fast-food-guidelines/).

Last edited:

--Rich
Have you ever been to an Asian market and looked in their meat department? They truly waste nothing from what they butcher. ??

Many vegans are pantheists or follow dharmic religions. No offense to vegans for health and other practical reasons.

Nope - most of us got over that stupidity 500 years ago, although I LOVE Fish, just not for any silly religious reasons. Even the Catholics seem to have changed their tune, and their "Nuns" look like "Normal People" these days. Some groups (like the Assemblies of God) are into "Daniel fasts" around New Years, though (which is essentially a month long "Vegetarian diet" heavy on beans https://ultimatedanielfast.com/ultimate-daniel-fast-food-guidelines/).
I don't consider it stupidity.

Is this prophecy beginning to come to fruition?

1st Tim 4:3
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. KJV

(some versions say:"require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving ESV)

A major supermarket chain in the UK is finalising plans to stock insects on its shelves and market them as a cheap food source for people struggling to afford to feed their families amid soaring inflation and the cost of living crisis.

The Daily Mail reports that Aldi is considering stocking ‘edible’ bugs and providing recipe kits for parents to prepare worms and crickets for their hungry children.

Potential products in the range include ‘sustainable’ cricket burgers, as well as ‘nuggets’ and ‘mince’. (article)
Insects are still "meats".

It would be nice though if it did come true and you had to become vegan

Seems like everyday I run across articles such as the following...

100 Dutch schools forced to serve insects (article)​

The Netherlands has become a testing ground for the globalist Great Reset being pursued by the World Economic Forum. In the process, people's diets are being switched to insects. After most farmers in the Netherlands were officially ruined by suspect "nitrate laws", insects are currently being introduced in schools.

Seems like everyday I run across articles such as the following...

100 Dutch schools forced to serve insects (article)​

The Netherlands has become a testing ground for the globalist Great Reset being pursued by the World Economic Forum. In the process, people's diets are being switched to insects. After most farmers in the Netherlands were officially ruined by suspect "nitrate laws", insects are currently being introduced in schools.
Don't waste your time giving importance and announcing/preaching about the foolish works or stupid facts that the Devil does in the midst of society around the world that is his exclusively.

Preach the Word of GOD, be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come (the time arrived) when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the Truth(GOD is Truth), and shall be turned unto fables.

What happened to the people's oil? was extinct? They are lost, for ever.

Last edited:
Back