Isaiah 19

robycop3

Here's a little-noticed prophecy that was fulfilled not long ago: Isaiah 19:17 17 And the land of Judah will be a terror to Egypt; everyone who makes mention of it will be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the Lord of hosts which He has determined against it.

After the 6 million of Israel whupped the 80 million of Egypt several tomes from 1948-1973, Egypt decided they'd best not mess with Israel any more, especially as Egypt had had the help of Syria, etc. & still got whupped! So, for awhile, every time a Jew rattled his Uzi, the Egyptians quaked in their fezzes. Only recently has that fear abated, as Egypt & Israel signed a business deal not long ago in which Egypt is buying natural gas from Israel, & they're cooperating quite well. But for awhile, Egypt was certainly terrified of the land of Judah, even though they wouldn't openly admit it ! It's a matter of publis record & recent history !

Earlier in Ch. 19, Isaiah prophesied Egypt would be very poor, with no work available for its people. At that time, Egypt was a wealthy land. But Egypt lost its independence to Assyria, then, Babylon, Nubians, & Libyans. In the 6th C. BC, it was conquered by the Persians, was independent for a brief time, & re-conquered by the Persians. When the Persians were defeated by Alexander The Great, his general Ptolemy took over Egypt & the surrounding area. After Alex's death, Ptolemy became total ruler of that area, & his descendants called themselves Pharaohs & took on Egyptian customs to be acceptable to the people.

The last Ptolemaic ruler was Cleopatra; after her forces were defeated by Octavian at Actium, the Romans ruled Egypt a long time, then, the Byzantines, later, the Ottoman Empire until 1805, when Muhammed Ali came to power. While he was nominally subject to the Sultan of Turkey, he ruled Egypt as he saw fit, & the Ottomans didn't interfere. However, in 1882, the British defeated an Egyptian army & ruled Egypt til 1922, when Britain declared Egypt to be a sovereign nation again. However, instability within its govt. ensured a British presence til 1954, especially during WW2, to keep the Nazis from taking Egypt & the Suez canal.

During much of that time, Egypt remained poor, & is still poor today, but is slowly making an economic comeback. But let's look at the rest of Isaiah 19: First, he prophesied that GOD will be worshipped throughout Egypt, & that God shall bless them.

Isaiah 19:24 In that day Israel will be one of three with Egypt and Assyria—a blessing in the midst of the land, 25 whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”

So, God is not at all through with Egypt ! We see how the prophecies in the first part of Ch. 19 came to pass as written, & I fully believe the rest of the prophecies in that chapter will come to pass just as exactly as the first ones did ! My only question is, where are the Assyrian people now? There are some who now call themselves Assyrians, but they are few, & are they really descendants of the old Assyrians ? God will reveal the answers when His time comes.

e v e

judah will be a terror to egypt (mystery babylon), soon; when all His souls escape from it and leave this earth.

e v e

the pope is the spiritual representative of mystery babylon (this astray earth to be destroyed, per prophets)... in the same way that at the moment trump is the leader of it...

robycop3

The main 'mystery' to this prophecy is who the Assyrians of today are. There are some tribes in Iraq who claim to be Assyrians, but those claims are unsubstantiated. But GOD knows who they are, & I fully believe He will do as He told Isaiah. That land & people might be known as Assyria any more, but its people will largely be descendants of the old Assyrians.

I can see why God has chosen to punish, then bless, Egypt, but it's a complete mystery to me as to why He chose to someday bless Assyria.

e v e

many times He is not saying something or prophecizing about this current earth, but the other world where eden is.

assyria represents the area directly above eden where went those (adam) who left her and went north.

robycop3

many times He is not saying something or prophecizing about this current earth, but the other world where eden is.

assyria represents the area directly above eden where went those (adam) who left her and went north.
No; the prophecy is about THIS earth; otherwise, God wouldn'ta preserved it for US.

sk0rpi0n

Isaiah 19:24 In that day Israel will be one of three with Egypt and Assyria—a blessing in the midst of the land, 25 whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”

So, God is not at all through with Egypt ! We see how the prophecies in the first part of Ch. 19 came to pass as written, & I fully believe the rest of the prophecies in that chapter will come to pass just as exactly as the first ones did ! My only question is, where are the Assyrian people now? There are some who now call themselves Assyrians, but they are few, & are they really descendants of the old Assyrians ? God will reveal the answers when His time comes.

The Assyrian kingdom was located in what is today Northern Iraq and Southern Turkey. I'm guessing most of their descendants are still there.

robycop3

The Assyrian kingdom was located in what is today Northern Iraq and Southern Turkey. I'm guessing most of their descendants are still there.
Right. There's a group claiming to be Assyrians, but I dunno how legitimate their claim is.

Buzzard

The main 'mystery' to this prophecy is who the Assyrians of today are. There are some tribes in Iraq who claim to be Assyrians, but those claims are unsubstantiated. But GOD knows who they are, & I fully believe He will do as He told Isaiah. That land & people might be known as Assyria any more, but its people will largely be descendants of the old Assyrians.

I can see why God has chosen to punish, then bless, Egypt, but it's a complete mystery to me as to why He chose to someday bless Assyria.
Roby;
Who does Moses say these "Assyrians" are,

they are the same to day as they were then;
in fact; still today they live amongest the Sons of Jacob;
in fact in the assembly you attend, there are probably a few
of all the tribes that lived amongest them in the "Land the Lord" gravest unto the seed of Abraham
causing the same problems for Israel now they did back then,
all those "Ites" - the Hittite, and the Amorite, the Canaanite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite, etc. etc. etc.

These will appear on the sceene soon also

And when the inhabitants of Gibeon heard what Joshua had done unto Jericho and to Ai,
4 They did work wilily, and went and made as if they had been ambassadors,
and took old sacks upon their asses, and wine bottles, old, and rent, and bound up;
5 And old shoes and clouted upon their feet, and old garments upon them;
and all the bread of their provision was dry and mouldy.

6 And they went to Joshua unto the camp at Gilgal,
and said unto him, and to the men of Israel,
We be come from a far country:
now therefore make ye a league with us.

7 And the men of Israel said unto the Hivites,

Peradventure ye dwell among us;
and how shall we make a league with you?

OH NO;
And the men took of their victuals, and asked not counsel at the mouth of the Lord.

15 And Joshua made peace with them,
and made a league with them, to let them live: and the princes of the congregation sware unto them.

Moses will also tell you how to recognize these "ites"
also

Last edited:

e v e

Most often the context of assyria is transcendent, having to do with the other world. Assyrian for example above eden, trading her in aspects as moneylenders in relation to the temple.

e v e

The prophecy is about the assyria in the other world, which vampires eden. It's not about assyria on this earth.

Newbirth

Here's a little-noticed prophecy that was fulfilled not long ago: Isaiah 19:17 17 And the land of Judah will be a terror to Egypt; everyone who makes mention of it will be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the Lord of hosts which He has determined against it.

After the 6 million of Israel whupped the 80 million of Egypt several tomes from 1948-1973, Egypt decided they'd best not mess with Israel any more, especially as Egypt had had the help of Syria, etc. & still got whupped! So, for awhile, every time a Jew rattled his Uzi, the Egyptians quaked in their fezzes. Only recently has that fear abated, as Egypt & Israel signed a business deal not long ago in which Egypt is buying natural gas from Israel, & they're cooperating quite well. But for awhile, Egypt was certainly terrified of the land of Judah, even though they wouldn't openly admit it ! It's a matter of publis record & recent history !

Earlier in Ch. 19, Isaiah prophesied Egypt would be very poor, with no work available for its people. At that time, Egypt was a wealthy land. But Egypt lost its independence to Assyria, then, Babylon, Nubians, & Libyans. In the 6th C. BC, it was conquered by the Persians, was independent for a brief time, & re-conquered by the Persians. When the Persians were defeated by Alexander The Great, his general Ptolemy took over Egypt & the surrounding area. After Alex's death, Ptolemy became total ruler of that area, & his descendants called themselves Pharaohs & took on Egyptian customs to be acceptable to the people.

The last Ptolemaic ruler was Cleopatra; after her forces were defeated by Octavian at Actium, the Romans ruled Egypt a long time, then, the Byzantines, later, the Ottoman Empire until 1805, when Muhammed Ali came to power. While he was nominally subject to the Sultan of Turkey, he ruled Egypt as he saw fit, & the Ottomans didn't interfere. However, in 1882, the British defeated an Egyptian army & ruled Egypt til 1922, when Britain declared Egypt to be a sovereign nation again. However, instability within its govt. ensured a British presence til 1954, especially during WW2, to keep the Nazis from taking Egypt & the Suez canal.

During much of that time, Egypt remained poor, & is still poor today, but is slowly making an economic comeback. But let's look at the rest of Isaiah 19: First, he prophesied that GOD will be worshipped throughout Egypt, & that God shall bless them.

LOL what Israel? Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 CE The Israelites fled the land and were scattered throughout the earth. The proselytes remained so those who occupied Israel are not really Israel.

sk0rpi0n

Right. There's a group claiming to be Assyrians, but I dunno how legitimate their claim is.

I know. But I'm saying the descendants of the Biblical Assyrians are located Northern Iraq and Southern Turkey -- the location of the Assyrian kingdom. Where else would they be?

Tiburon

Egypt decided they'd best not mess with Israel after America started giving them a sh t load of foreign aid.