Israel/Palestine

7 main heads and 10 sub heads! The 10 heads all want to join the beast.....

Revelation 17:11-13

11 The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction. 12 The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour. 13 These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

LOL That's your opinion. He tried to humiliate Christianity but got his own religion discredited.
Well, I know that my parents always taught me that throwing a racist slur at someone was strictly for ignorant people with poor self control and no imagination. Perhaps yours taught you differently, or it could be that no one bothered to teach you at all. I can't tell, but it takes all kinds to make up the world.

Well, I know that my parents always taught me that throwing a racist slur at someone was strictly for ignorant people with poor self control and no imagination. Perhaps yours taught you differently, or it could be that no one bothered to teach you at all. I can't tell, but it takes all kinds to make up the world.

So it's okay for him to talk bad about Canadians but not okay for me to talk bad about Jews. He also insulted me personally, but ya, I'm the racist one because your pro-Jew.lol

And bringing up my parents? Classy(NOT!)

My parents taught me not to feed the trolls! Ya it takes all kinds to make up the world but seems only 1 kind to ruin it! Your double standard kind!

So it's okay for him to talk bad about Canadians but not okay for me to talk bad about Jews. He also insulted me personally, but ya, I'm the racist one because your pro-Jew.lol
Canadians are a race? How very interesting.
And bringing up my parents? Classy(NOT!)
I do prefer to think your parents taught you not to throw around racial slurs, but if they didn't I will cheerfully admit my error.

My parents taught me not to feed the trolls! Ya it takes all kinds to make up the world but seems only 1 kind to ruin it! Your double standard kind!
Imagine my chagrin.

Canadians are a race? How very interesting.

I do prefer to think your parents taught you not to throw around racial slurs, but if they didn't I will cheerfully admit my error.

Imagine my chagrin.

I never said Canadians are a race. Nor are Jews.

Since I'm gonna go on vacation(i might get a 3 day suspension.lol) Your opinion means as much to me as an ant's fart.

I never said Canadians are a race. Nor are Jews.

Since I'm gonna go on vacation(i might get a 3 day suspension.lol) Your opinion means as much to me as an ant's fart.

I haven't paid as much attention to invertebrate flatulence as your worthy self, but perhaps if you spent less time typing 4 responses to every ant fart you hear, and more time educating yourself, you wouldn't feel the need to resort to anti-Semitic garbage to get your points (such as they are) across.

I haven't paid as much attention to invertebrate flatulence as your worthy self, but perhaps if you spent less time typing 4 responses to every ant fart you hear, and more time educating yourself, you wouldn't feel the need to resort to anti-Semitic garbage to get your points (such as they are) across.
So anti-Christian "garbage" okay. Anti Semitism = bad. LMAO!! I noticed that too in the Media. People talk bad about Christianity(crickets), people talk bad about Jews(OH NO) Anti-Semetism. People lose their jobs !! I think we Christians should start using the term anti-Christs more often! Its only fair!

So anti-Christian "garbage" okay. Anti Semitism = bad. LMAO!! I noticed that too in the Media. People talk bad about Christianity(crickets), people talk bad about Jews(OH NO) Anti-Semetism. People lose their jobs !! I think we Christians should start using the term anti-Christs more often! Its only fair!

The casual slur, followed by how he hurt your feelings first, then you didn't care about my opinion, now its multiple exclamation points and how you! are! about!! to lose! your jobs!!

Here's a thought: just try learning a bit of self control. Then you won't have all this drama.

Unless of course you WANT the drama. But this cannot be.

Kindness and respect aren't required by Judaism?

If they are required by Christianity you just failed that one.
I was speaking with my friend Jewjitzu, who will never reciprocate the privilege...he is bereft of both, and is not required to exhibit either.

NYT has an impenetrable paywall, and I will never pay for propaganda and free leftist advertising. What folks call the pogrom today as according to today's fad. Holocaust and Shoah are terms used in Jewish ritual, and the Nazis were practicing a religion of human sacrifice, burning Jews to utter destruction.

KJV uses it, and KJV still get around!
My claim was that precious few English translations use it...KJV is one. That's both precious and few. The scholars of the KJV could have used the LXX for their OT manuscript, and simply transliterated the Greek. Holocaust comes from the Greek.

Um, OK, but my point of discomfort is that a Holocaust was to a specific deity by specific priests. It's a bit much for me to think on the Holocaust as priests sacrificing to the Jewish Deity IMHO. But if it floats your boat, whatever.
The Jews were being offered us as whole burnt offering to the pagan gods of the Nazis. That's reality and history. Doesn't matter how the term touches us emotionally.

Hm. I think kindness and respect are ethical priorities in Judaism as they are in Christianity. The fact that any individual may or may not implement them here does not speak to the ethical priorities of the religion in general, as far as I can see.

If that were not so the world would be in a lot of trouble.

?? Have you nothing to say of the association with the actual meaning of the term??
It adds to the horror to recognize and understand that the German Nazis were actually performing human sacrifice...and turning human beings into whole burnt offerings. The ovens were a deliberately diabolical perversion of ancient Jewish rites of redemption, fulfilling the prophecies.

Hm. I think kindness and respect are ethical priorities in Judaism as they are in Christianity. The fact that any individual may or may not implement them here does not speak to the ethical priorities of the religion in general, as far as I can see.

If that were not so the world would be in a lot of trouble.
I'll let the Jewish friend speak for himself. It's his license he's using in his posts. Having been taught by his Messiah, I don't have license to respond in kind.

NYT has an impenetrable paywall, and I will never pay for propaganda and free leftist advertising. What folks call the pogrom today as according to today's fad. Holocaust and Shoah are terms used in Jewish ritual, and the Nazis were practicing a religion of human sacrifice, burning Jews to utter destruction.

Well, in my browser you can still see the headline, which reads " ANOTHER ARMENIAN HOLOCAUST; Five Villages Burned, Five Thousand Persons Made Homeless, and Anti-Christians Organized." with the date: 1895, which simply demonstrates that the term was used to describe pat least parts of the Armenian genocide.

"Holocaust:" is not a term used in Jewish ritual: its a term used mostly by Christians to describe Jewish ritual. Jews don't describe the sacrifices using the Greek terms much.

My claim was that precious few English translations use it...KJV is one. That's both precious and few. The scholars of the KJV could have used the LXX for their OT manuscript, and simply transliterated the Greek. Holocaust comes from the Greek.

Right. But the KJV is still a widely read version, and the terms that it uses are familiar to many Christians.
The Jews were being offered us as whole burnt offering to the pagan gods of the Nazis. That's reality and history. Doesn't matter how the term touches us emotionally.
Personally, I would not deliberately attach a term used to specifically describe Jewish ritual to anything I thought was a Nazi ritual. The equivalency is revolting. If it floats your boat, though, OK.

Well, in my browser you can still see the headline, which reads " ANOTHER ARMENIAN HOLOCAUST; Five Villages Burned, Five Thousand Persons Made Homeless, and Anti-Christians Organized." with the date: 1895, which simply demonstrates that the term was used to describe pat least parts of the Armenian genocide.
I doubt the dateline was 1895.

We've used the term loosely since it was coined for what the Germans did to the Jews. I'm never going to claim that Germans were more cruel than Muslim Turks. There was nothing lacking in the barbarism that was generated in the Jihad...the history of the crusades is a sad tale of evil and retribution on both sides.

"Holocaust:" is not a term used in Jewish ritual: it's a term used mostly by Christians to describe Jewish ritual. Jews don't describe the sacrifices using the Greek terms much.
Since I don't know you, I'm only supposing that you do not know that Hellenistic Jews used a Greek translation of the Tenach, the LXX, and the LXX uses the Greek term when translating Shoah. Your claim is not quite accurate.

There were Jews in Jesus' day who no longer spoke Hebrew.
Right. But the KJV is still a widely read version, and the terms that it uses are familiar to many Christians.
OK.

Personally, I would not deliberately attach a term used to specifically describe Jewish ritual to anything I thought was a Nazi ritual. The equivalency is revolting. If it floats your boat, though, OK.
I think that was the deliberate choice. Everything the Nazis did was revolting.

I doubt the dateline was 1895.
No, it really was. @DeSanto , I should have looked this up before but according to the Oxford English Dictionary 'Holocaust" seems to have started out in English with the Bible, in early middle English translations, but by the mid 19th century was being applied to mass slaughter especially by fire.
The OED cites as examples:
"1833 L. Ritchie Wanderings by Loire 104 Louis VII..once made a holocaust of thirteen hundred persons in a church.
1883 Cent. Mag. Jan. 472/2 Miss Lazarus has given time and talents to a five act drama in which she narrated one ‘hideous tale of sin’, full of the lurid glare of holocaust of innocent merchants, their wives and babes."
So its usage with reference to the Armenian genocide was apparently the first time it was applied to a genocide. It would make sense that the memorable extension to the Shoah then is probably because of the extensive Nazi use of burning, as Jewjitsu proposed.

We've used the term loosely since it was coined for what the Germans did to the Jews. I'm never going to claim that Germans were more cruel than Muslim Turks. There was nothing lacking in the barbarism that was generated in the Jihad...the history of the crusades is a sad tale of evil and retribution on both sides.

Since I don't know you, I'm only supposing that you do not know that Hellenistic Jews used a Greek translation of the Tenach, the LXX, and the LXX uses the Greek term when translating Shoah. Your claim is not quite accurate.

fair enough, but the Hellenistic Jews are with us no longer, and Holocaust is not used by Jews to describe their sacrifices. So in that sense it isn't a Jewish term, although it originated that way. I don't really want to quibble over what Jewish means: I agree with your point. (Addendum in edit: the LXX uses Holocaust when translating a burnt offering. Shoah does not indicate a burnt offering, but a catastrophe).

There were Jews in Jesus' day who no longer spoke Hebrew.
Sure.
OK.

I think that was the deliberate choice. Everything the Nazis did was revolting.
We can agree on that.

Last edited:
Back