It's common knowledge that the Jw's deny the deity of Jesus Christ and teach Jesus is Michael the arc angel. My question is from Acts 7?

jamesh

Acts 7 deals with Stephen giving the Jews a little history lesson (right before his death). He say's at Acts 7:2-3, "Hear me brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran. Stephen is referencing Genesis 12:1 at vs3.

Moving on to vs30, "And after forty years had passed , an angel appeared to him/Moses in the wilderness of Mount Sinai, in the flame of a burning throne bush." Vs31, "There came the voice of the Lord. Vs32, "I am the God of your fathers, The God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. Vs33, The Lord said to Moses, "Take off your sandals from you feet, for the place where you are standing is Holy Ground."

Vs34, I have certainly the oppression of My people in Egypt, and have heard their groans, and I have come down to deliver them; come now, I will send you to Egypt." Vs35, "This Moses whom they disowned, saying, "Who made you a ruler and judge, is the one whom God sent to be both a ruler and a deliver with the help of the angel who appeared to him in the throne bush." Vs36, This man led them out, performing wonders and signs in the land of Egypt and in the Red Sea and in the wilderness for forty years."

Vs37, "This is the Moses who said to the Sons of Israel, "God shall raise up for you a prophet like me from your brethren. Vs38, "This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness together with the angel who was speaking to him on Mount Sinai, and who was with our fathers; and he received living oracles to pass onto you."

Now, Stephen not only proved that Jesus Christ is God, he also refuted the idea that Jesus is an actual angel, and not Michael the arc angel. And referring to Acts 7:37 where it says, "God shall raise up for you a prophet like me from your brethren." Here is what Jesus stated at John 5:45-47. "Do you not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. Vs46, "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote of Me. Vs47, "But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Now, you will recall I stated this thread at Acts 7:2 where Stephen states, "Hear me brethren and fathers? The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran." So, who is the God of glory that physically appeared to Abraham? The Apostle Paul gives the answer at 1 Corinthians 2:7-8, "but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom, which God predestined before the ages to our glory, vs8, the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood it, they would not HAVE CRUCIFIED THE LORD OF GLORY:" I would like to hear from any Jw refute this? In fact, I would like to hear from anyone who denies the deity of Jesus Christ refute it.

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Back