I've stumbled, bad.

Dorian

Please pray for me. I committed a grave sin, and what scares me is that I'm not sure if I can ever make it right again. I can't shake this sickening feeling in my stomach and the terrible guilt.

Thank you.

Reactions: Nic
I am so sorry. Are you a Christian....? Sometimes when we stumble, there is no way to make something right. All we can do is confess our sin to God in Christ Jesus, and humbly ask Him to forgive our sins--and He will, for He is faithful and just that, if we confess our sins, He will forgive us and cleanse us from all our sins. Because He loves you.

My husband is a retired Missouri Synod Lutheran pastor. For 5 1/2 years, he was a chaplain for a man on death row for 2nd degree murder. His parents, who lived in another state, asked my husband if he would be their son's chaplain and he agreed. The man was a lapsed Christian, who committed murder in the heat of the moment, which I won't go into. My husband met with him once a month, talking to and with him, listening to him, sharing the Gospel with him. His lawyer, who was working pro-bono, tried everything in his power to get his sentence commuted to life in prison--but to no avail.

Eventually, right before Christmas some years ago, we got the bad news--he was to be executed by lethal injection. He asked my husband to be with him when it happened, in that glassed-in room, where family members of the victim would be, watching the execution. My husband had been with two people when they died of natural causes, but had never witnessed an execution. He wasn't sure he could stomach that. Knowing that the victim's family would be there, watching, I gently told my husband "you know, it might be nice for this poor man to know you were there, knowing that at least one friendly face would be there, among all the hostile ones." After thinking it over, he agreed. He is glad he did.

Right before the man was led away, my husband listened to his full confession, and was able to announce forgiveness to him "In the Name of the Father and of the Son, and of the HS" as per what Jesus told His disciples, after His resurrection and before His ascension. He then gave him Holy Communion. Then the man was led away. Right before he was injected, the man confessed his faith in God and died peacefully, from what my husband told me. It deeply moved him and when he finally got home after midnight, it was some time before he could tell me about what happened.

I think it was the best thing he ever did, even better than marrying me. My point is, if this man can receive forgiveness for his sin of murder, and be with Jesus after death, you can receive forgiveness from Jesus Christ for whatever it is you did. You need not go to a minister and confess to him, if you do not wish to, but you can go straight to Jesus Christ in prayer, and confess your sin. Remember, the Apostle Paul started out as a violent persecutor of the early church, getting people jailed, and, I think, having a few executed. Yet Jesus forgave him and he became one of the greatest Christians who ever live.

God bless you and keep you.

Last edited:
Please pray for me. I committed a grave sin, and what scares me is that I'm not sure if I can ever make it right again. I can't shake this sickening feeling in my stomach and the terrible guilt.

Thank you.
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They shall become as white as snow;” ~ Isaiah 1:18

“For I will be merciful toward their wrongdoings, And their sins I will no longer remember.” ~ Hebrews 8:12

Take it to Jesus, with a humble, repentant heart. He loves you.

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23

The devastation we feel will bring us to our knees, confessing and asking God to help us to live a life from then on that is pleasing to him. We can't change the past but we can pray for His help in the future.

Thank You, God, for everything in my life, the good & bad.
Some were blessings & some were lessons!

Last edited:
Praying for you @Dorian..............

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy
p.s. - whenever you can "make things right" with someone who you've sinned against in some way, you should always try to do so.

On the other hand, where God is concerned, "making things right with Him again" means 1. following the instructions that He gave us as a remedy for the ongoing sins (big and small) that we (sadly) continue to commit at times as believers .. 1 John 1:9, and then 2. choosing to take Him at His word (which means choosing to trust/believe that what He says, and what He promises us ~is~ the truth, no matter how much our feelings (and/or how much Satan through our feelings) are trying to convince us otherwise).

Finally, when a believer commits a sin which was grave (and for which they are penitent), returning to full fellowship with God can take time (not because of Him, but because of the guilt/grief/shame that we continue to feel because of the sin). That said, I believe that our intentional choice to take God at His word anyway/no matter what (~especially~ when our common enemy and/or our feelings are giving us all kinds of reasons why we shouldn't) is something that is both pleasing and honoring to Him :).

Back