James 2;14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay. I asked moderation about this some weeks ago and was told that multiple links in a post are allowed, so long as they all go to the same page. As far as I can tell, all these links go to the same Vatican page.
So I don't have to take out the links, thank goodness. I have been doing that. I was trying to be helpful.

Well, one could show up to their judgement without works, as the lazy servant did who buried his talent, and see how that goes. I don't recommend that.
Neither would I.

But you don't get it. A LIVING faith always results in doing what pleases God. If it does not, then it was a dead faith--wasn't it?

Well, one could show up to their judgement without works, as the lazy servant did who buried his talent, and see how that goes. I don't recommend that.
What judgement do Christians face?

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
Right. Unless they become a branch broken off from the Vine.

2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Which faith alone does NOT contradict. You would know this, if you read the Bible as a comprehensive whole, and didn't isolate parts of it.

We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and not by works, either works of the law, or works done in righteousness, as Paul makes clear. So, what is there left to be saved by?
Right.

nCCs: a person is justified by faith alone and not by works
Scripture: a person is justified by work and not by faith alone

nCCs: this does not contradict scripture - the actual words. Hummm, kind of hard to believe you.

So since we’ve already passed from death into life and shall not come into judgment, what judgment do Christian’s face?

I Peter 4:17-18, "For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; if it begins with us, what will be the end for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinners?”

I Peter 4:17-18, "For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; if it begins with us, what will be the end for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinners?”
You didn't answer the question. Try again.

So since we’ve already passed from death into life and shall not come into judgment, what judgment do Christian’s face?

Paul is speaking to believers, isn't he?
Yes he is.

If we already HAVE eternal life, what are we being judged for, since it isn’t judgement unto salvation?

Just admit you don’t know, since you apparently don’t know.

Right.

nCCs: a person is justified by faith alone and not by works
Scripture: a person is justified by work and not by faith alone

nCCs: this does not contradict scripture - the actual words. Hummm, kind of hard to believe you.

nCCs and Scripture: a person is justified / declared righteous BY GOD by faith alone and not by works
nCCs and Scripture: a person is justified /vindicated to neighbors by works and not by faith alone

Scripture tells us
We are not justified by works of the law: (actually said in the Bible)
We are not saved by works done in righteousness (actually said in the Bible)
Scripture tells us we are justified by faith (actually said in the Bible)

If we are not justified by faith alone
What else could it be ?

If we already HAVE eternal life, what are we being judged for, since it isn’t judgement unto salvation?

Just admit you don’t know, since you apparently don’t know.
How does one become a branch cut off? One did not remain in Him (John 15:6).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back