James 2:24 - for the 50 millionth time

GeneZ

i’ve never seen love in these forums.
We will only be able to see (discern) love for the Word where it does exist. Too many conflicting ideas to have love cause unity.

The Bible never teaches to love the promoting of error. So, if I am the one perceived as promoting error?

Its God's way of displaying before angels the believers who are progressing and growing in grace and truth. Those who will mature in Christ and receive honor and reward for the glorification of Christ. Too many have no love. Love for the Truth. They do seek love for the image they may project amongst believers by perfecting their ways that are approved of by believers who walk as men.

In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are
divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. No doubt there have to

be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval." 1 Cor 11:18-19

You can't find love when many today no longer seek sound doctrine they would break down barriers and unite believers in the Spirit and in Truth. They seek to be united in how they feel about a matter in their emotions. Its more political than spiritual. Though they claim it is sound doctrine because what they pick to believe sits soundly with their own way of seeing things.

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine.
Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great
number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."
2 Tim 4:3

That's what we are today!

Knowing (and accepting) what the Word teaches will teach us if we are to ever be happy with God? Our happiness can not depend upon other believers for that happiness. Those passages in this post tells you why you will be disappointed in this lifetime unless you dedicate yourself to being taught the Word of God by one of the few dedicated Bible teachers God will provide. God's happiness not going to happen any other way.

Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great
number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine.

I can care less who does not like me for telling them the truth. The Lord taught me to accept reality and not illusion that half hearted believers wish for others to believe about themselves.

grace and peace.......

Newbirth

It’s just very harsh atmosphere. caring = 0.
That is because most people don't accept the scripture for reproof and correction.
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

GeneZ

oh so love one another needs editing?
and change it to add what you said?
Why did you take two unrelated posts, and then make them appear as if one quote was in response to the other?

Talk about editing. Eve ... I think you are adding to the confusion.

Bonnie

Disagreeing with you does not equal harsh. Or do you think being loving always means agreeing with you? What is harsh about asking you questions and expecting an answer? like in your ape body thread?What is unloving about that?

GeneZ

There are different responses to doing the right thing...

.............Reprove not a scorner . . . or he will hate you.

............Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you." Proverbs 9:8

Quite the contrast....

And uh? Not everyone who joins these debates is on the right side of being correct.

What you see (and disprove of) taking place is to be expected.

GeneZ

No, it is not. It is entirely biblical.
Problem with the anti-faith alone people, is that they do not understand what faith really is. Its what we learn from Scripture and BELIEVE it. Its what we implement in how we walk before the Lord.

For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness
that is by faith from faith to faith, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
Romans 1:17

If we are to live by faith? By keep learning more and more faith derived from God's Word, to be stored in our spirit, so the Holy Spirit can guide us by means of the faith we have learned and accepted?

What do those who say we are not to live by faith alone? Are we to live by? Philosophy? Personal opinions?

Everything we think should be flavored with faith in its motivation.

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard
through the word about Christ."
Romans 10:17

grace and peace......

GeneZ

it’s only part 1. being saved is the Change.
Faith BEGINS at salvation. Not, ends. Its to be our new food for our newly acquired spiritual digestive system.

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight,
for I bear your name, LORD God Almighty."
Jeremiah 15:16

grace and peace.....

GeneZ

being saved is to be restored to Eden, the situation BEFORE the fall. When He rescues us from here, that will be the Change. The quote you gave is in That context.

Thank you Gene.

The New Eden will be on earth.

We go beyond what Adam and Eve had in the Garden of the new earth.

We have become a new creation in Christ. Something beyond what Adam was even in his perfect state.

Our home now becomes Heaven. Not Eden. The Church are unique believers, unlike all other believers in eternity.

Heaven where Jesus said he went to prepare mansions for us who believe. The Tree of life will be there, but not Eden.

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there,
the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything
under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his
glorious body."
Philippians 3:20-21

Last edited:

GeneZ

Soon you will see it for yourself. It's in prophets that no one listens. Old Ishral didn't listen to Him either.
The prophets spoke of God's Kingdom on earth to come. That was why the disciples asked Jesus when he was going to set up his kingdom.

The Church was yet a hidden mystery. The Church has its citizenship in heaven... not the new earth. That is what the Millennial saints will enjoy.

grace and peace......

GeneZ

the 'to come' is now about to be... and it is now that they spoke of. Consider that.
Eden is coming back, 1000x.
Stop selling and repeating me your idea, please.

Chapter and verse is what is needed to convince. I promise not to ignore what Scripture you show me like you have totally ignored when I have shown you mine. I will address them.

GeneZ

im not selling it..being well aware it's what I understand and thats why I express it, not because someone else would agree.
i have chronic fatigue and I cant follow your rules. jeremiah is not talking about "now I am saved and there is nothing more I need to do" - while still living in this body on this earth. that much I know.
Then we are not even talking about the same things. What's causing your chronic fatigue? Do you know the cause?

D

ding

edit

He also wants to bring up the same topic/proof-text that has been refuted 50 million times in the past.

James 2:24 doesn't deny salvation by faith alone.
It denies "justification" by faith alone.
And specifically what it is saying that just because someone CLAIMS to have faith, doesn't mean they actually do. Their subsequent works JUSTIFY their claims of having faith.

James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

First notice that this poster quotes James 2:24, but IGNORES the context of what comes prior to it, namely in verse 14. And here James is talking about someone who CLAIMS ("says") he has faith. We can't read hearts or minds, so we can't know whether his claim is actually true or not. And the rhetorical question here is "can a faith that doesn't produce works" save someone, and the answer is obviously "no". A true saving faith WILL have works, and that's why James says in v.24 that the man (and his claim to having faith) is "justified" by his works.

That doesn't meant that salvation requires those works (it doesn't).
It simply means that the works are the fruits or evidence of a saving faith.

The second theologically inept thing this poster does is to IGNORE the bulk of Scripture, which teaches that salvation IS by "faith alone" (by stating it comes by faith, and excluding any "works"):

Eph. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Tit. 3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

2 Tim. 1:9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Rom. 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Rom. 11:5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.