James 2:24 - for the 50 millionth time

D

ding

Jesus was asked the question, " Then someone came to him and said, ‘Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?’"

Jesus' response was, "And he said to him, ‘Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’"

Jesus who was proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom didn't tell the man that salvation is by faith alone.

Gary Mac

i’ve never seen love in these forums.
I love you and have shown that over and over what it is to have the love that God is and puts in man by His Spirit of Love but one cant identify with that what you dont have. Jesus expressed the Love of his God he recieved from Him for people and look how they treated him for not being able to relate to that same love as their own.

Gary Mac

everything christ says and does is true.
Yes unfortunatly not many actually believe Him in the htings he said we will be if.

Ask anyone here if they are perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect that Christ commanded of us and see if they really believe Him.

Ask if the same signs follow those who do believe if these signs actually follow them and believe him that they do.

Ask them if they walk as He walks in His same light and see if they really follow Him in His way to walk as He does.

Ask them if they are one in the Father with He in you and you in him as one as Jesus said he was one in the Father with He in him and he in Him as one.

Ask them if they recieved from God His SPirit to open all of His heaven to them as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 and watch their answers.

I bet you wont find very many who actually believe everything Christ says that you would be if you did have from God that what he recieved from Him. Actually these from their own laws to regulate what they would have of Him themselves instead of being like Him as God demands of us.

Theo1689

Jesus was asked the question, " Then someone came to him and said, ‘Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?’"

Jesus' response was, "And he said to him, ‘Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’"

Jesus who was proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom didn't tell the man that salvation is by faith alone.

Read Rom. 3:19-20.
Jesus was getting the man to come to the conclusion taught in that passage.

1Thess521

following along: If you kept the Commandments in deed and thought have eternal life?
No one denies that.

The problem is that one sin will disqualify you from heaven

Bonnie

There are different responses to doing the right thing...

.............Reprove not a scorner . . . or he will hate you.

............Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you." Proverbs 9:8

Quite the contrast....

And uh? Not everyone who joins these debates is on the right side of being correct.

What you see (and disprove of) taking place is to be expected.
Snowflake apologists do not last very long. They get their feelings hurt too easily. One needs the hide of a rhinoceros to debate on here, sometimes!

Bonnie

Gary, who says he isn't interested in the carnal, thinks this body is created by God and that it's just fine.
Others here try to convince me God created this horrific place.

Yet prophets describe over and over, and rev, the destruction of this earth and God's wrath against it.
Now why would God want to have destroyed what He declared Good? He would not! Yet prophets are continually
saying it...that this earth is to be destroyed. And this described in graphic detail.

Why? Because this is not His creation. Even if esau translators altered scripture to confuse souls on this point, they failed to hide it!

This distorted world is a result of the Fall. And the distortion is not merely 'system' as many theologians SLYLY thought to translate it!

The distortion is COSMOLOGICAL. KOSMOS is this entire cosmology.

Luckily it will be destroyed, both its sky and land. SOON.
God still created the heavens and the earth, eve. They are in a fallen state, but they STILL proclaim--present tense--the glory of God. Go someplace without light pollution, and on a cloudless night, look at the night sky--And come back and try to tell us how "horrible" it is!

Remember Ps. 8--" When I see"--present tense--" the work of Your hands, the moon and the stars which you have ordained..." David was talking about the starry sky he was looking at right then, that God had set in place! That God had created.

So far, you have given us zero evidence for your "esau" translators, that this earth is not God's. Because the Bible clearly says that "the earth IS the Lord's and everything in it."

God will eventually destroy this heaven and earth, and there will be a new one, the " home of righteousness". But that does not mean that the heavens and earth we have now are not God's.

Who translates Kosmos as system?

Redeemed

following along: If you kept the Commandments in deed and thought have eternal life?
No one denies that.

The problem is that one sin will disqualify you from heaven
In that case heaven would be a very lonely place. That one's sin will get you every time!

Redeemed

in christianity, kosmos is often translated as system, to explain sin when the term cosmos is used and avoid admitting that this cosmos is sin.
Yes, it is possible to erase the things that can eliminate us, but not without nature on our side. Discontinuity is born in the gap where transformation has been excluded. Only a prophet of the galaxy may rediscover this source of faith.

1Thess521

In that case heaven would be a very lonely place. That one's sin will get you every time!
if there were only someone who would pay penalty on our behalf?
"Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Redeemed

"Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
Yep He did it all by hanging on that cross, oh how he loves us. I feel like breaking out song just thinking about it, thank you Jesus. We just need Bob over here to start picking on that banjo.

Redeemed

I just love how the Apostle Paul explains how God accepts and pardons us even when we don't deserve to be accepted and pardoned. That God declares righteous we who are unrighteous, that He declares us sinners in rebellion against Him to be accepted and put into right relationship with Him. Man that's what I call radical justification by faith. It's always good for us to pick up our Bibles and reread one of the most clearest and amazing truths in the Bible found in Romans 3:21–28.

Redeemed

why dont you rephrase it?
Well e v e as much as I would like to my intentions are to post the following on justification and right after that start a new thread on sanctification. Hope to see their.

So the main point of this thread is about people that believe they need to help God out by doing some kind of good works and trusting in Christ in order to be justified. If man were responsible for any part of his justification we would all be going to hell because we would mess it up.

John 2:25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

And yet this is a very popular view held by Roman Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and a lot of other people that deny the sovereignty of God and believe they can control their destiny. Let me be the 5 millionth and one to tell you...it isn't so Joe!

It is through faith in Jesus Christ that we are justified. God justifies us when ‘believes in Jesus’

Rom. 3:26 It was to demonstrate and prove at the present time (in the now season) that He Himself is righteous and that He justifies and accepts as righteous him who has [true] faith in Jesus.

Rom. 5:1 Therefore since we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

Galatians 2:16 Yet we know that a man is justified or reckoned righteous and in right standing with God not by works of the Law, but [only] through faith and [absolute] reliance on and adherence to and trust in Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). [Therefore] even we [ourselves] have believed on Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law [for we cannot be justified by any observance of the ritual of the Law given by Moses], because by keeping legal rituals and by works no human being can ever be justified (declared righteous and put in right standing with God).

Go all Ken or Karen as much as you like it is still not through faith and human works that justifies us but faith alone. But also understand this that it is not faith that justifies us, you see faith is only the channel. Faith is the instrument, or the empty hand through which we receive justification from God. Understand that it is faith's object that is the basis of justification and that would be our Lord Jesus Christ. You see justification is never on the basis of our faith but always through or by faith. Faith is our personal reliance on the work that Jesus did.

Okay so we all clear on that? Oh good, so we understand that the Bible teaches that justification is by faith alone, and that faith is a necessary condition for salvation. It's extremely important that we understand what comprises saving faith. As the OP in this thread points out so clearly this is where so many of us get lost.

James explains clearly what saving faith is not: “What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?” (James 2:14). Pay attention, lookie lookie!

James is pointing out that a mere profession of faith doesn't cut it, we need to understand the reality of faith. The Bible makes it clear that people are capable of honoring Christ with their lips while their hearts are far from Him. Lip service, with no manifestation of the fruit of faith. That is not saving faith.

So that's all I have on Justification at the moment moving on to Sanctification which man actually does have a hand in.

GeneZ

in christianity, kosmos is often translated as system, to explain sin when the term cosmos is used and avoid admitting that this cosmos is sin.
Cosmos is used to describe worldliness and the world. Christians that think with their emotions are cosmic Christians. To those who are spiritual and have learned sound doctrine, to them, cosmic Christians appear to be idiots. Paul called them the enemies of the Cross.

Gary Mac

Well e v e as much as I would like to my intentions are to post the following on justification and right after that start a new thread on sanctification. Hope to see their.

So the main point of this thread is about people that believe they need to help God out by doing some kind of good works and trusting in Christ in order to be justified. If man were responsible for any part of his justification we would all be going to hell because we would mess it up.

John 2:25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

And yet this is a very popular view held by Roman Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and a lot of other people that deny the sovereignty of God and believe they can control their destiny. Let me be the 5 millionth and one to tell you...it isn't so Joe!

It is through faith in Jesus Christ that we are justified. God justifies us when ‘believes in Jesus’

Rom. 3:26 It was to demonstrate and prove at the present time (in the now season) that He Himself is righteous and that He justifies and accepts as righteous him who has [true] faith in Jesus.

Rom. 5:1 Therefore since we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).

Galatians 2:16 Yet we know that a man is justified or reckoned righteous and in right standing with God not by works of the Law, but [only] through faith and [absolute] reliance on and adherence to and trust in Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). [Therefore] even we [ourselves] have believed on Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the Law [for we cannot be justified by any observance of the ritual of the Law given by Moses], because by keeping legal rituals and by works no human being can ever be justified (declared righteous and put in right standing with God).

Go all Ken or Karen as much as you like it is still not through faith and human works that justifies us but faith alone. But also understand this that it is not faith that justifies us, you see faith is only the channel. Faith is the instrument, or the empty hand through which we receive justification from God. Understand that it is faith's object that is the basis of justification and that would be our Lord Jesus Christ. You see justification is never on the basis of our faith but always through or by faith. Faith is our personal reliance on the work that Jesus did.

Okay so we all clear on that? Oh good, so we understand that the Bible teaches that justification is by faith alone, and that faith is a necessary condition for salvation. It's extremely important that we understand what comprises saving faith. As the OP in this thread points out so clearly this is where so many of us get lost.

James explains clearly what saving faith is not: “What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?” (James 2:14). Pay attention, lookie lookie!

James is pointing out that a mere profession of faith doesn't cut it, we need to understand the reality of faith. The Bible makes it clear that people are capable of honoring Christ with their lips while their hearts are far from Him. Lip service, with no manifestation of the fruit of faith. That is not saving faith.

So that's all I have on Justification at the moment moving on to Sanctification which man actually does have a hand in.
It isnt about having faith in Christ, it is about having the faith OF Christ that only God can place in man by His Spirit. But faith will lead you to that place in God.

Faith will produce anything that you are determined to produce. Want Christ to come, there is your answer.

There is no other way one can do all things through Christ least you are anointed of God, which is Christ in you. Christ Jesus was Gods example for what it is to be anointed of God and passed His information on to us Christ simply means Gods anointed and either Christ be in you or you are not anointed of God. It is by My Spirit says the Lord.

Christ is the disposition of the person who has Gods same Spirit to be anointed by Him, identified with Him as Jesus was identified with Him no different at all.

Not many actually have His faith do they?

Redeemed

It isnt about having faith in Christ, it is about having the faith OF Christ that only God can place in man by His Spirit. But faith will lead you to that place in God.

Faith will produce anything that you are determined to produce. Want Christ to come, there is your answer.

There is no other way one can do all things through Christ least you are anointed of God, which is Christ in you. Christ Jesus was Gods example for what it is to be anointed of God and passed His information on to us Christ simply means Gods anointed and either Christ be in you or you are not anointed of God. It is by My Spirit says the Lord.

Christ is the disposition of the person who has Gods same Spirit to be anointed by Him, identified with Him as Jesus was identified with Him no different at all.

Good point Gary. You are the Gary that used to work on the oil rigs right?

Redeemed

Gary let me ask you another question as far as having the faith "of Christ" considering all who Jesus is you know son of God part of that Godhead every everything that was made was made through him you know all that. How much faith do you think he needed? Or did he need any faith? Maybe he just knew. He's The Alpha and the Omega. And he knows the beginning and the end and everything in between why would he need faith? I know you have an answer so lay it on me brother.

Gary Mac

Gary let me ask you another question as far as having the faith "of Christ" considering all who Jesus is you know son of God part of that Godhead every everything that was made was made through him you know all that. How much faith do you think he needed? Or did he need any faith? Maybe he just knew. He's The Alpha and the Omega. And he knows the beginning and the end and everything in between why would he need faith? I know you have an answer so lay it on me brother.
Having recieving from God myself that what Jesus recieved from Him in Matt 3:16 and opend all of His heaven to him as God does in all who will recieve Him, it is easy to see how people have not recieved the same from God and come up with their interpretations for Jesus. Without the same in you who was in Christ Jesus it only leaves room for speculation about him and who he was.

When one can relete to the same from God as Jesus had from Him it is easy to see why Jesus said that he could do noting at all without his Father who sent him. How can one relate to that if one has changed that man into a god of worship instead of heaving the same from the God who did send Jesus to show us what it is to be in the Father ourselves. Jesus prayed a long prayer to his God in John 17 that we have exactly from God that what he had from Him, but people who cant relate from lack of change that order to suit what they can relate to in their own image.

You cant prove to me a man named Jesus ever existed, but God can prove to you His existanntsce just as He proved it in that man called Jesus. In fact Romans kept very good records of events and there is no mention at all of a man named Jesus who is written who so upset the Jewish and Roman empire. only one small mention of a man named Jesus but noting at all about what we read of in a bible. If he was such a threat wouldnt this have been recorded?

And dont get me wrong, because God has come to me as it is written He did in Jesus, I can absolutly identify with what people quoted of Jesus. It is by that identification with him that it all comes to life in real time.

Jesus never claimed to create all things, he never claimed that he was God and not Gods son who sent him to show us the way of the father. He didnt even come to save you, he came that ye might be saved and there is a big difference in everything Jesus said that you should be and do than whqat religious folk say of him. .

There are a lot more people who follow the way of Paul and the ;laws he established to regulate his beliefs than ever followed Jesus in his way his truths and his life to live it ourselves. People can relate to Paul as a sinner but they cant relate to jesus to be without sin themselves. All the evidence Jesus spoke of is for us to be perfect even as our fatyher in ehaven is perfect just as He perfected Jesus in Him no difference at all. Walk as He walks in His same light for righteousness, not walk as Paul did as a siner. I didnt hear Jesus say women dont cut your hair, men cut your hair, I didnt hear Jesus tell the women to keep silent, I hear him say we all are the same in the Father and shout it from the rooftops.

Paul has stirred a lot more away from Christ then jesus ever did to Christ be in you. Christ is not a man Christ is the disposition of the man who is anointed of God, that is who Christ is, Gods anointed and either you are or your not anointed of God, Christ in you.

What is the first thing you see when Christ is mentioned? Is it not the image of a man instead of the Spirit of God who was in that man who did the anointing? How can one relate to Christ if one never has recieved Gods anointing in themselves., they cant all they can do is speculate and make laws to regulat their beliefs based on speculation with no evidence at all that God comes to man and anointes them by His SPirit.

The only way that one will uinderstand anything Jesus said is if one actually follows him to the same place in the Father he was in the father, and Jesus went as far to tell us that in that ye shall ask me noting but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you.

Religious folk go no further in Christ, (Gods anointing), than the pew they sit in where they dont have to be accoiuntable to God at all but only accountable to the laws that establishment established to regulate their beliefs.

Just like the interpretation of the Godhead bodily, God is the head of all who has recieved Him, we are His body and He is the head of it if one has recieved His mind, SPirit. We are the temple of God and He is our head, the way we think and do.

One cant relate to that at all least he does have the head of Christ, the mind of Christ.

Last edited: