Jan 6 2021 in DC: 1933 Reichstag Fire

In 6th grade I became obsessed with WWII. Read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich William L Shirer and countless other works over 60 years. So while following the events of Jan 6 2021 in DC, and now Jan 19 the 25,000 National Guard in DC and the reasons being given for their presence a familiar pattern began to emerge. Here is a link to a short talk by a historian who explains the pattern I was observing.

Is the attack on Our Capitol Morphing into Our Reichstag Fire?

postscript: Amazingly enough I found some people spinning this comparison the wrong way.

Last edited:

Whateverman

I'm sorry, but while the analogy is interesting, it's flawed significantly. Back then, there was no video of the fire being set; no indication of why it was happening, or what was on the mind of the person setting it. Government giving itself control over the mail and telephones isn't the same as people getting banned for violating their TOU. There's no evidence that the Capitol Building attack is being used to put a party in control - and we know this because the attack is being criticized by Republicans as well as Democrats.

It was a thoughtful video, I'll give it that much.

Authentic Nouveau

I'm sorry, but while the analogy is interesting, it's flawed significantly. Back then, there was no video of the fire being set; no indication of why it was happening, or what was on the mind of the person setting it. Government giving itself control over the mail and telephones isn't the same as people getting banned for violating their TOU. There's no evidence that the Capitol Building attack is being used to put a party in control - and we know this because the attack is being criticized by Republicans as well as Democrats.

It was a thoughtful video, I'll give it that much.
Your slant is flawed. One of us speaks and reads German and it is not you.

Bundesamt für Zulassungen in der Telekommunikation is a branch of the Deutsche Bundespost

Their telephony is under their Post Office.

Drummer boy is a tech outsider.

Temujin

Your slant is flawed. One of us speaks and reads German and it is not you.

Bundesamt für Zulassungen in der Telekommunikation is a branch of the Deutsche Bundespost

Their telephony is under their Post Office.

Drummer boy is a tech outsider.
This boastful posturing is completely irrelevant.

Howie

In 6th grade I became obsessed with WWII. Read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich William L Shirer and countless other works over 60 years. So while following the events of Jan 6 2021 in DC, and now Jan 19 the 25,000 National Guard in DC and the reasons being given for their presence a familiar pattern began to emerge. Here is a link to a short talk by a historian who explains the pattern I was observing.

postscript: Amazingly enough I found some people spinning this comparison the wrong way.
Good video.

Yakuda

I was going to respond but whateverman did a decent job nicely saying how whacked your ok is.