Jeffrey Dahmer High profile atheist commentary on morals

Authentic Nouveau

“If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing …” — Jeffrey Dahmer

Sounds like a mainstream Athei worldview and beliefs.

Orthodox Darwinist. Around here he wouldn't get ridicule from atheists.
He relied on the same materialist truthianity. No way a local atheist would launch a thread to smear him. We even had an atheist accuse our President of killing. But not accuse Fredo Cuomo.

Tiburon

“If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing …” — Jeffrey Dahmer

He relied on the same materialist truthianity. No way a local atheist would launch a thread to smear him. We even had an atheist accuse our President of killing. But not accuse Fredo Cuomo.
No it doesn't.

A serial killer does not represent mainstream atheist views. Jeffery Dahmer is not a typical atheist - he is a psychopath. Psychopathy is is a mental disorder that deprives a person of empathy. His ambivalence to human suffering was due to his psychopathic lack of empathy - not evolution or atheism. Why does he say things like this? Because he is insane - he is a psychopath devoid of empathy.

Atheists, by and large, have empathy. Penn Gillette said it best:

"The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want? And my answer is: I do rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine. " -- Penn Gillette

Let's be frank. You worship a God that killed every living thing on Earth because he was displeased. He killed thousands and thousands of children and infants by slowly drowning then in terror and pain for the sins of their parents. That is your source of morality.

I'd take the empathy of atheist Penn Gillette over a God that casually drowned every baby on Earth any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

5wize

What's worse... the psychotics that used a lack of belief in god to perform heinous crimes or the psychotics that used a belief in God to perform heinous crimes? One of the 2 is supposed to have an objective moral filter. Filter busted?

Mr Laurier

A serial killer does not represent mainstream atheist views. Jeffery Dahmer is not a typical atheist - he is a psychopath. Psychopathy is is a mental disorder that deprives a person of empathy. His ambivalence to human suffering was due to his psychopathic lack of empathy - not evolution or atheism. Why does he say things like this? Because he is insane - he is a psychopath devoid of empathy.

Atheists, by and large, have empathy. Penn Gillette said it best:

"The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want? And my answer is: I do rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine. " -- Penn Gillette

Let's be frank. You worship a God that killed every living thing on Earth because he was displeased. He killed thousands and thousands of children and infants by slowly drowning then in terror and pain for the sins of their parents. That is your source of morality.

I'd take the empathy of atheist Penn Gillette over a God that casually drowned every baby on Earth any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
He was also not an atheist, Not untill after his death. He grew up in a strict religious fundamentalist household, and never shed the fear that was beaten into him.
After his death, his family tried to use him as a recruitment tool. By claiming that he was an atheist, they hoped to discredit atheism.

Temujin

He was also not an atheist, Not untill after his death. He grew up in a strict religious fundamentalist household, and never shed the fear that was beaten into him.
After his death, his family tried to use him as a recruitment tool. By claiming that he was an atheist, they hoped to discredit atheism.
Is AN in his family?

Authentic Nouveau

He was sincere atheist.

Authentic Nouveau

Abortion movement just as wicked as Dahmer was.

Authentic Nouveau

Main stream athe talking points.

Electric Skeptic

Main stream athe talking points.
The theory of evolution is truth. That has nothing to do with atheism and even less to do with Dahmer.