Jerry Savelle passed away April 15

tbeachhead

Jerry Savelle, of all the WoF preachers, was perhaps my favorite because his disarming sense of humor was permeated with a deeper sense of awe at the simplicity and integrity of the Promise of God.

One sermon in particular, from the early eighties, has stuck with me because I had never looked at Elijah's beginnings until he mentioned it: His servants come to Ahaz and say, "Elijah the Tishbite has come to see you." Ahaz answers, "What's a Tishbite?" No one knew...

The remarkable thing about Jerry's life and ministry is that, upon his death, the press is kind and speaks only of his family and his years of ministry untouched by scandal.

He died the week before he was supposed to be in my area... BTW, it was one of his teachings that led to ABM's wife dying. She chose not to get medical attention because of his message. The scandal was his bad theology and the negative consequences of it. So glad he couldn't make it here to my area.

Reactions: Mik
Hi, Joe.

How have you been and how are things?

I didn't know that Jerry's teaching led to that. I thought it was from Bob's own pastor...he can correct me if he ever drops in. I liked Jerry. I watched his "last sermon" on you tube, and it was strong.

Hi, Joe.

How have you been and how are things?

I didn't know that Jerry's teaching led to that. I thought it was from Bob's own pastor...he can correct me if he ever drops in. I liked Jerry. I watched his "last sermon" on you tube, and it was strong.

Life has been difficult for the last year. I am still here. Just thought to stop in and make some waves.

Bob posted the message that his wife embraced. It basically said, if you go to the doctor, you will lose your blessing...

Savelle was supposed to be in Loves Park the week after he died...

Another wolf for the fire
🔥 🐺 🔥
You know, I find it despicable that a Christian, (If you are one) seems to be, what's the word, gleeful, joyful, that a person, even a false teacher ends up in hell. In my 62 years of being a Christian, even from day one I NEVER in my mind or out loud was happy that someone went to hell. I never even said, "he deserved" going to hell. In fact, you should be mad as hell.

2 Timothy 2:24-26, "And the Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, vs25, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, vs266, and they may come to their sense and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will." Don't you think this includes false teachers?

In Hinn,
james

You know, I find it despicable that a Christian, (If you are one) seems to be, what's the word, gleeful, joyful, that a person, even a false teacher ends up in hell. In my 62 years of being a Christian, even from day one I NEVER in my mind or out loud was happy that someone went to hell. I never even said, "he deserved" going to hell. In fact, you should be mad as hell.

2 Timothy 2:24-26, "And the Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, vs25, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, vs266, and they may come to their sense and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will." Don't you think this includes false teachers?

In Hinn,
james
Oh, you’re so virtuous. You shouldn’t be so assuming, so quick to clutch your pearls. 62 years, huh?

“He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.“
Proverbs 18:13

I never take joy in anyone dying. Never have. But whatever makes you feel holier than thou. Admittedly, I won’t lose any sleep over the wolf’s death either. I am more concerned with those who’s faith has been shipwrecked due to the false teachings of these filthy pigs.

Why should I be mad if someone goes to hell? Especially a pulpit pimp who misled so many, and shipwrecked so many people’s faith with his false teachings? That’s God’s judgment, it is what it is and it isn’t my place to be angry with His judgments. Besides, in all those years that wolf likely had many chances to repent of his money grubbing ways and heresies.

“My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.”
James 3:1

It doesn’t seem like Christ Himself thought too highly of false leadership..doesn’t seem He was so gentle with them, you ever read Matthew 23 in those 62 years?

Or Ephesians 5:11? It says reprove the works of darkness, not coddle. What about 1 Timothy 5:20?

But whatever makes you feel virtuous.

It does not surprise me that an "immature" person like you would start out right away challenging my integrity. And IO do not need to be lectured by you regarding Proverbs 18:13. Your own words give you away when you said, "Another wolf for the fire, followed by "emoji's" of fire and a wolf.

I am also well aware with Matthew 23 where Love incarnate is dressing down the Jews. Did you read what He said at vs37? "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling." Does this mean in your puny mind that Jesus wants to see people in hell?

Then there is 2 Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." Does this include false teachers? And of course we are suppose to contend for the faith, (Jude 1:3) and expose false teachers, (Ephesians 5:11). That does not mean we are to stop caring and praying for their deliverance. Btw, and a final note. How do you know that he did not repent at some point at the end of his life?

In Hinn,
james

In Hinn,
james
Let's pray for him, that he gets saved, is filled by the Holy Spirit and bears the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

Blessings,
ldb

I agree with your sentiments but he has already passed away.

In Hinn
james
I'm sorry but my comment wasn't clear. I wasn't addressing Savelle but the other poster who is known for being vitriolic and combative out of the gate.

P.s. What does "In Hinn" mean? Benny Hinn? I hope not.

I'm sorry but my comment wasn't clear. I wasn't addressing Savelle but the other poster who is known for being vitriolic and combative out of the gate.

P.s. What does "In Hinn" mean? Benny Hinn? I hope not.
Ok, now I get it. I've been posting on Carm for about 24-25 years and mostly on the wof board. I know all the guys and girls here. I usually closed with "In Him" meaning of course Jesus Christ. Then one day years ago I posted, "In Hinn" as a little joke. It stuck so I still use it. Btw, I do NOT advocate wof teachings, in fact I hate it, but not the teachers.
In Hinn,
james

Ok, now I get it. I've been posting on Carm for about 24-25 years and mostly on the wof board. I know all the guys and girls here. I usually closed with "In Him" meaning of course Jesus Christ. Then one day years ago I posted, "In Hinn" as a little joke. It stuck so I still use it. Btw, I do NOT advocate wof teachings, in fact I hate it, but not the teachers.
In Hinn,
james
Thanks for the explanation.

bless you jamesh,

ldb

It does not surprise me that an "immature" person like you would start out right away challenging my integrity. And IO do not need to be lectured by you regarding Proverbs 18:13. Your own words give you away when you said, "Another wolf for the fire, followed by "emoji's" of fire and a wolf.

I am also well aware with Matthew 23 where Love incarnate is dressing down the Jews. Did you read what He said at vs37? "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling." Does this mean in your puny mind that Jesus wants to see people in hell?

Then there is 2 Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." Does this include false teachers? And of course we are suppose to contend for the faith, (Jude 1:3) and expose false teachers, (Ephesians 5:11). That does not mean we are to stop caring and praying for their deliverance. Btw, and a final note. How do you know that he did not repent at some point at the end of his life?

In Hinn,
james
I don’t need to be lectured by you either. You seem like a very grumpy, self-righteous old man.

Where did I ever say I wanted to see anyone in hell ? I didn’t. And I don’t. I’m just telling it like it is. False teachers will be in hell. Your integrity is non-existent making false accusations like that. Liars will have their part in the lake too, Revelation 21:8.. just saying.

Life has been difficult for the last year. I am still here. Just thought to stop in and make some waves.
I'm still praying for the dust to move...How's the window sill?

Bob posted the message that his wife embraced. It basically said, if you go to the doctor, you will lose your blessing...
I remember that...but I don't connect his former pastor with Savelle...or this teaching. Jerry was funnier, less dogmatic and directive, and more insightful than many friends of Cope.

Savelle was supposed to be in Loves Park the week after he died...
You never know what you cannot know until that day comes. One gets taken the other left...and Jesus never said which was which.

In Hinn,
james
This made me smile, Jamesie...This new friend is quite case study. Enjoy his posts...and share your insights. I've enjoyed several misguided conversations with him on the Pentecostal board. With him, there is nothing good in the church, the historic church, the evangelical church or the Pentecostal church. If I read his posts correctly, he is a church of one, and he attends it regularly...but no one else is allowed. Not a real threat, but the conversations get redundant and a trifle tedious.

I guess his confession of 120 years of physically living came up a bit short. 😳
If he ever made one. The best WoF doctrine I ever heard on this was from John 11. "Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies.26And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” I actually do believe it, and I live each day as if it were true. Why not? Who is going to convince a Christian not to take Jesus at His Word?

There is no reason to believe that everybody dies. John, who wrote this, is suspected by some to still be alive. Paul says, "Here's a mystery: we will not all die." Enoch and Elijah were just like any of us, and they did not die. I learned that obsessing over my own death was not as constructive as seeking to encourage you to faith. Great to see you, Ted.

Back