Jerusalem IsThe Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great Of Revelation Chapter 17

Truth7t7

(Jerusalem) Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great.

The Levitical High Priest Dressing represents "The Woman", that is dressed in purple, scarlet, gold, and precious stones as seen below

(Revelation) 17:4KJV
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Yes "The Woman", The Levitical High Priest, Dressed In Purple, Scarlet, Gold, And Precious Stones

(Exodus) 28:15-20KJV
15 And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16 Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17 And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18 And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
19 And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20 And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.

(Jerusalem) is the seven hilled city, where the woman sits, not Rome as many falsely claim.

(Revelation) 17:9KJV
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

(Revelation) 18:24KJV
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

(Matthew) 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Kade Rystalmane

I agree 100% with your primary premise and love how you tied in the whore's clothing to the Levitical priesthood. A detail many miss.

My one disagreement would be with the mountains part. The mountains are based on the heads of the beast on which the whore rides. The beast is Rome, a separate entity from the whore. This image represents well WHY Jerusalem was a whore. Instead of turning to God for providence, protection, and worship, the Jews turned to Rome instead. This is evident in the Herods especially.

Anyway, great post!

Truth7t7

I agree 100% with your primary premise and love how you tied in the whore's clothing to the Levitical priesthood. A detail many miss.

My one disagreement would be with the mountains part. The mountains are based on the heads of the beast on which the whore rides. The beast is Rome, a separate entity from the whore. This image represents well WHY Jerusalem was a whore. Instead of turning to God for providence, protection, and worship, the Jews turned to Rome instead. This is evident in the Herods especially.

Anyway, great post!
Thanks for the response kade :)

I agree (The Beast) is a separate entity

How do you derive that John's (The Beast) is "Rome"?

Many believe in a literal human man fulfilling (The Beast)?

Kade Rystalmane

Thanks for the response kade :)

I agree (The Beast) is a separate entity

How do you derive that John's (The Beast) is "Rome"?

Many believe in a literal human man fulfilling (The Beast)?
Most of those tie in the beast with the concept of Antichrist. Since I believe the events of Revelation pertain to the end of the Jewish State and the destruction of the temple in 66-74 AD, and antichrist is a concept applied to gnosticism which came later, I don't see the two as related. At best, John is identifying the beast as Nero (666) specifically at the moment of his writing.

The red dragon, "the Adversary", is the Jewish State which gives its power up to the sea beast, Rome. The sea beast matches the 4th beast of Daniel 7, which is Rome. To me, Rome is the only thing that makes sense.

Truth7t7

Most of those tie in the beast with the concept of Antichrist. Since I believe the events of Revelation pertain to the end of the Jewish State and the destruction of the temple in 66-74 AD, and antichrist is a concept applied to gnosticism which came later, I don't see the two as related. At best, John is identifying the beast as Nero (666) specifically at the moment of his writing.

The red dragon, "the Adversary", is the Jewish State which gives its power up to the sea beast, Rome. The sea beast matches the 4th beast of Daniel 7, which is Rome. To me, Rome is the only thing that makes sense.
Gods words teach that the bad guy seen below will be destroyed at the "Future" second coming of Jesus Christ, how does Nero in 66-74AD fulfill that seen below?

2 Thessalonians 2:8-10KJV
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Daniel's (Little Horn) below is in perfect agreement with Paul's (Man Of Sin) above, the Little Horn is destroyed at the second coming also, parallel teachings of the same event?

Daniel 7:8-11KJV
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

For them, 66-74 WAS future.
You claim the event below was fulfilled in 66-74AD

Did the second coming and final judgement take place in 66-74AD as seen below (NO) it's a (Future) event unfulfilled

The Little Horn below is destroyed at the second coming, as the final judgement takes place (Future)

(The Books Were Opened) Final Judgement

8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Last edited:

Kade Rystalmane

You claim the event below was fulfilled in 66-74AD

Did the second coming and final judgement take place in 66-74AD as seen below (NO) it's a (Future) event unfulfilled

The Little Horn below is destroyed at the second coming, as the final judgement takes place (Future)

(The Books Were Opened) Final Judgement

I don't see this as final judgement. Nothing in the text demands its a final judgement. I believe this is judgement of nations just like Matt. 25. The two nations in question are old and new Jerusalem.

Truth7t7

I don't see this as final judgement. Nothing in the text demands its a final judgement. I believe this is judgement of nations just like Matt. 25. The two nations in question are old and new Jerusalem.
You dont believe Daniel 7:10 below Is "The Final Judgement'?

(The Judgment Was Set, And The Books Were Opened)?

Daniel 7:10KJV

Revelation 20:12KJV
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Last edited:

Kade Rystalmane

You dont believe Daniel 7:10 below Is "The Final Judgement'?

(The Judgment Was Set, And The Books Were Opened)?

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
No. I believe it is the judgement of Jerusalem vs the church.

Truth7t7

No. I believe it is the judgement of Jerusalem vs the church.
The scripture below is parallel teachings of the exact same event in the "final judgement" a basic fundamental teaching

Your claim it represents separate judgements is false

Kade Rystalmane

The scripture below is parallel teachings of the exact same event in the "final judgement" a basic fundamental teaching

Your claim it represents separate judgements is false

I dont believe Revelation is about the end of time either.

I do not accept your authority over me so I do not accept your assertion that I am wrong. :)

Truth7t7

I dont believe Revelation is about the end of time either.

I do not accept your authority over me so I do not accept your assertion that I am wrong. :)
It's my opinion you are wrong, the forums in eschatology largely consist of debate

By all means please share with the forum, your views concerning the Revelation?

Kade Rystalmane

It's my opinion you are wrong, the forums in eschatology largely consist of debate
Thanks for the correction. :)
By all means please share with the forum, your views concerning the Revelation?
Revelation is a book about things which must shortly come to pass from the time John wrote it for the time was at hand (Rev. 1:1, 3). Jesus was coming quickly to render judgment against the main antagonist to His Bride (the church), which was the whore of Babylon, the Jewish State. The tale of Revelation is really a tale of two women. Paul provides a succinct picture of them in Gal. 4. One is the woman described in Rev. 12 dressed in the pure white robes and symbols of the King. This is the heavenly/new Jerusalem, the church. The other is dressed in the vestments of the Levitical priesthood drunk on the blood of the saints (Matt. 23; Rev. 17). The whore has grown fat from the power of the sea beast (Rome) and persecutes the woman in white. In Rev. 12 the whore is pictured as a seven-headed red dragon named The Adversary who gives up her power to the sea beast (Rome). Eventually, Jesus comes in the form of Michael and casts the Jews out of their position of power and preeminence in the world as God's chosen (out of heaven) and destroys the temple and Jerusalem, the once holy city turned harlot (Isa. 1:21).

Once that destruction is over, the faithful bride comes down out of heaven (figuratively) and is able to live without fear of her greatest nemesis, the Jewish State, the wife of God who turned to harlotry and was divorced and executed.

I've written a verse by verse commentary on Revelation, but we're not allowed to link anything here, so I guess you'll have to find it another way if you are intersted. Otherwise, when I finish posting up on Romans in the church of Christ forum, I can start posting that chapter by chapter.

Kade Rystalmane

Jesus Comes In The Form Of Michael?

Are you 7th Day Adventist, or Jehovahs Witness?
No. Jesus is God the Son. He just also happens to be called Michael in places. I agree with them that Jesus = Michael. I believe they are wrong that He is not God.

Truth7t7

No. Jesus is God the Son. He just also happens to be called Michael in places. I agree with them that Jesus = Michael. I believe they are wrong that He is not God.
Once again, are you 7th day Adventist or Jehovahs Witness, you didn't answer the direct questions?

If not what authors in writings do you follow to form your opinions, if any?

Kade Rystalmane

Once again, are you 7th day Adventist or Jehovahs Witness, you didn't answer the direct questions?

If not what authors in writings do you follow to form your opinions, if any?
I did. My very first word was "No." I am not 7th Day or Jehovah's Witness. I did answer the question directly. Then I supported it by saying that I believe that Jesus is God the Son. He is deity. I have a whole thread on this in the church of Christ forum.

I only read the Bible to form my opinions. I have no interest in commentaries. If they would make a good argument from scripture, then I can figure out that argument from scripture on my own without them and I don't have to worry about them distracting me with their potential error.

Truth7t7

I did. My very first word was "No." I am not 7th Day or Jehovah's Witness. I did answer the question directly. Then I supported it by saying that I believe that Jesus is God the Son. He is deity. I have a whole thread on this in the church of Christ forum.

I only read the Bible to form my opinions. I have no interest in commentaries. If they would make a good argument from scripture, then I can figure out that argument from scripture on my own without them and I don't have to worry about them distracting me with their potential error.
Thanks for the direct response, I couldn't read between the lines

Your Church of Christ, and follow the Bible, as I'm non-denominational and follow the bible, without man's commentaries as you

You mention the Revelation (Must Shortly Come To Pass) do you believe in 1st century fulfillment of the great tribulation and antichrist?

Do you believe in a future literal visible second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens?

Kade Rystalmane

Thanks for the direct response, I couldn't read between the lines
No worries. Glad we got it cleared up!
Your Church of Christ, and follow the Bible, as I'm non-denominational and follow the bible, without man's commentaries as you
Glad to find common ground!
You mention the Revelation (Must Shortly Come To Pass) do you believe in 1st century fulfillment of the great tribulation and antichrist?
I believe the concept of antichrist is unrelated to the apocalyptic concepts. Antichrist pertains to Gnosticism in the latter part of the first century which came after the fall of Jerusalem in any strength. Its a term that can generally applied today to anyone who denies Christ came in the flesh.

I do believe in a 1st century fulfillment of the Tribulation.
Do you believe in a future literal visible second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens?
I believe in a yet future Resurrection of the just and the unjust (Acts 24:15) and final Judgement Day at the end of time. When that comes, those without sin will go to Heaven. Those with sin to Gehenna. Both for eternity. Time will be at an end so there won't be anything going on here in the Earth. We aren't told what happens to it after Judgement.