Jerusalem

what is this political Islam that you speak of?
There is a ton of information on the web concerning Political Islam. Just google it. It has overtaken a large area of Islam, most notably Erdogan's regime, the Ayatollah in Iran, Pakistan, Somalia, part of Libya, Hamas, Hezbollah in Lebanon, and on and on... They are all hell bent on recapturing Jerusalem for Islam.

There is a ton of information on the web concerning Political Islam. Just google it. It has overtaken a large area of Islam, most notably Erdogan's regime, the Ayatollah in Iran, Pakistan, Somalia, part of Libya, Hamas, Hezbollah in Lebanon, and on and on... They are all hell bent on recapturing Jerusalem for Islam.

But what exactly is it about Erdogan , the Ayatolla (a Shia figure), Hezbollah (Shias) etc that makes you think they are "hell bent on recapturing Jerusalem for Islam"?

Political actors just say and do things for political reasons. Erdogan doesn't do things for Islam any more than Netanyahu does things for Judaism.

But what exactly is it about Erdogan , the Ayatolla (a Shia figure), Hezbollah (Shias) etc that makes you think they are "hell bent on recapturing Jerusalem for Islam"?
You're asking the very same question I asked in my OP. Do you have an answer? I'm thinking that the answer lies behind the Muslim belief that all Muslim land is sacred and worth dying for.

Political actors just say and do things for political reasons. Erdogan doesn't do things for Islam any more than Netanyahu does things for Judaism.
Erdogan has done enough thank you very much. He has thrown thousands into jail, silenced virtually all media, killed hundreds of Libyans in his brotherhood crusade, and killed thousands of Kurds. He is ready to go invade Greek waters and Greek islands, Greece being a fellow NATO partner.

To answer my own OP, this is what I've discovered so far:

To Muslims, Jerusalem represents the subjugation of Muslims and the occupation of Muslim lands by the West. It is indoctrinated in Muslim teachings that Jerusalem remains a city that must be restored back to the Muslims. This falls perfectly in line with Radical-Muslim Brotherhood/Islamist teachings that the time of their subjugation is over – that now is the time for Islam to rise and cleanse Jerusalem from the Jews and Crusaders. When Erdogan recently (Oct 2020) said that “Jerusalem is ours!”, he very well meant it from a Brotherhood/Islamist point of view.

My Jerusalem question is still unanswered.
Jerusalem is considered the third holiest site in Islam.
According to scripture the Muslim nations attack Israel and take Jerusalem when Christ returns.Then all the nations that attacked Israel and took Jerusalem are all destroyed.

Zech 14:12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

The timing of this plague corresponds to the placement of the abomination that causes desolation by the armed forces of the north.Where Islam says the Muslims will have victory,the Bible says they will all be destroyed.
They do get to celebrate for three days though before their destruction.

Back