Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world

civic

Sorry but once again a question is not assignment of eternal destiny

Certainly it is a warning

And Christ was speaking of their current condition

But you are ignoring the fact pharisees got saved

Paul was one

There were others in the book of acts (you cannot assume all were saducees)

We read of instances of 3000 and 5000 being saved at once

Acts 2 and Acts 4

when are you going to address John 12:47

as you affirmed was fair ?

and the next verse tells us

Romans 11:23 (KJV)
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
And Paul declares He was set apart by God before he was born and that he was Gods elect before creation. So under my theology I can reconcile it but under your its irreconcilable.

hope this helps !!!

Carbon

Anyone can see that did not happen and cannot happen since people end up in hell. So if He atoned for their sins then Jesus failed. its why limited atonement is the only solution. Its the only option that does not make God out to be incapable of saving those He intended to save.
Amen!

Carbon

And Paul declares He was set apart by God before he was born and that he was Gods elect before creation. So under my theology I can reconcile it but under your its irreconcilable.

hope this helps !!!
Hey, let’s stick to the topic at hand.
John 12:47.
So far your not paying attention, your not giving him what he wants.

COMPLY!

Last edited:
T

TomFL

He just wants everyone to accept his false gospel that Jesus came to save everyone on planet earth.
Well lets see

John 12:47 (KJV)
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

1 Timothy 2:1-6 (KJV)
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Seems you have a problem with scripture

Carbon

Sorry but once again a question is not assignment of eternal destiny

Certainly it is a warning

And Christ was speaking of their current condition

But you are ignoring the fact pharisees got saved

Paul was one

There were others in the book of acts (you cannot assume all were saducees)

We read of instances of 3000 and 5000 being saved at once

Acts 2 and Acts 4

when are you going to address John 12:47

as you affirmed was fair ?

and the next verse tells us

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
So the next verse after Matt 23:15 is, Romans 11:23?

Theo1689

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Why do you keep RIPPING this OUT OF CONTEXT?:

2Pet. 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

The context here is LIMITED to the "beloved", who are the "us-ward".
You can't simply IGNORE these cues.

Carbon

Well lets see

John 12:47 (KJV)
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

1 Timothy 2:1-6 (KJV)
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Yea, let’s see. Nope, I have no problem with scripture. It’s you my friend.

Just one point, 2 Peter 3:9
God is long suffering to us (the elect) it’s obvious He is waiting for the last elect before judgement.

Tom, so many (including you) do not realize scripture is written to believers.

T

TomFL

You were plainly told by Jesus the following in Matthew 23

Matt 23:33
33 "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

And just so we are clear what Jesus means by hell- its everlasting/eternal, never ending judgment/condemnation with pain and suffering.

Mark 9:42-48
42 "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where

"'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched
.'

Matthew 25:46
"These will go away into eternal punishment,

AGAIN NO RESPONSE FROM YOU !
That was addressed twice already now for the third time

All you have is an assumption that a question is an affirmation no pharisee could escape hell

Your problem is Jews were saved through the New testament and you cannot asume they were all saducees

and this is still true

Had they not remained in unbelief they could be sdved

When are you going to do what you stated was fair and address John 12:47

Our Lord's God

1 John 2 says - He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Note that our atoning sacrifice is not an event in time (as many mistakenly presume) but is the person himself.

He is the place where anyone in the world can be cleansed of their sins, all those who put trust in him by choosing to die together with him. And having died together with him, then raised to a new life by God, resurrection life, that is, saved by God Himself.

Carbon

address John 12:47
You hold on to this verse as if you have something. Well Tom you don’t. Move on, pick another one. It’s almost painful to watch you hold on to something you don’t have. Let it go, drop it, you can’t make it work for you.

T

TomFL

You were plainly told by Jesus the following in Matthew 23

Matt 23:33
33 "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

And just so we are clear what Jesus means by hell- its everlasting/eternal, never ending judgment/condemnation with pain and suffering.

Mark 9:42-48
42 "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. 45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. 47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48 where

"'their worm does not die,
and the fire is not quenched
.'

Matthew 25:46
"These will go away into eternal punishment,
Now for the fourth time

A question is not an affirmation of final destiny

Do you have any evidence no pharisee ever got saved

Seeing the thousands that got saved throughout the book of acts that appears to be an absurd claim

T

TomFL

You hold on to this verse as if you have something. Well Tom you don’t. Move on, pick another one. It’s almost painful to watch you hold on to something you don’t have. Let it go, drop it, you can’t make it work for you.
Sorry you had you chance and flubbed

Go deal with the evidence of your failure

Carbon

Sorry you had you chance and flubbed

Go deal with the evidence of your failure
I had my chance to what Tom?
Are your feathers getting ruffled?
you have no ground to stand on.

You had your chance to consider the truth.

Gi deal with the evidence of your failures.

Our Lord's God

Now for the fourth time

Seeing the thousands that got saved throughout the book of acts that appears to be an absurd claim

This Pharisee seems to be saved.

But perceiving that one group were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, Paul began crying out in the Council, “Brethren, I am a Pharisee, a son of Pharisees; I am on trial for the hope and resurrection of the dead!” Acts 23

4 “So then, all Jews know my manner of life from my youth up, which from the beginning was spent among my own nation and at Jerusalem; 5 since they have known about me for a long time, if they are willing to testify, that I lived a Pharisee according to the strictest sect of our religion. 6 And now I am standing trial for the hope of the promise made by God to our fathers; 7 the promise to which our twelve tribes hope to attain, as they earnestly serve God night and day. And for this hope, O King, I am being accused by Jews. 8 Why is it considered incredible among you people if God does raise the dead? Act 26

If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless. 7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.

And a Pharisee blameless according to the Law too! Wow, that's not gonna fit the favorite doctrines of men is it?

T

TomFL

Yea, let’s see. Nope, I have no problem with scripture. It’s you my friend.

Just one point, 2 Peter 3:9
God is long suffering to us (the elect) it’s obvious He is waiting for the last elect before judgement.

Tom, so many (including you) do not realize scripture is written to believers.
Sorry but believers are not in danger of perishing or needing to come into repentance

civic

Now for the fourth time

Jesus used the present active indicative verb meaning at the present time Jesus was telling them they were condemned by Him to hell.

hope this helps !!!