Jesus chose to descended on Jesus at the baptism.

Yahchristian

Following your logic to a reasonable conclusion, Jesus chose to descended on Jesus at the baptism.
Please explain

That post was not directed at me, but this is what I would say.

I believe there is only ONE Divine Person named Yahweh. The name Jesus refers to the Person Yahweh incarnate and the name Holy Spirit refers to the Person Yahweh in the universe as spirit.

So I could say Yahweh chose to descend on Yahweh at the baptism.

But by that statement I would technically mean...

So I could say Yahweh in the universe as spirit chose to descend on Yahweh incarnate at the baptism.

What do YOU believe...

Did Yahweh choose to descend on Yahweh at the baptism?

Here is a summary of what I believe...

Yahweh is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

Last edited:
There are some who falsely claim that there is one God who represents Himself as one person in three different ways or modes.

The baptism of Jesus Christ clearly shows this is not the case as all 3 persons of the Godhead are present at one time.

There are some who falsely claim that there is one God who represents Himself as one person in three different ways or modes.

So..........

Are you able to answer the question or not..........

So..........

Are you able to answer the question or not..........

While God the Son was standing in the river, God the Holy Spirit was descending on Jesus in the form of a dove while God the Father was speaking.
One God, 3 persons. We call it the Trinity.

What are 98% of your post fighting this truth?

While God the Son was standing in the river, God the Holy Spirit was descending on Jesus in the form of a dove while God the Father was speaking.

So what was Yahweh doing?

In other words...

Talking, getting wet and flying. As each of the 3 persons of the Godhead were displayed at the same time.

So my original question in post #1 was...

I think you are saying Yes.

Correct me if I misunderstood your post.

I would like to hear from ALL of the TRINITARIANS on this forum.

That post was not directed at me, but this is what I would say.

I believe there is only ONE Divine Person named Yahweh. The name Jesus refers to the Person Yahweh incarnate and the name Holy Spirit refers to the Person Yahweh in the universe as spirit.

So I could say Yahweh chose to descend on Yahweh at the baptism.

But by that statement I would technically mean...

So I could say Yahweh in the universe as spirit chose to descend on Yahweh incarnate at the baptism.

What do YOU believe...

Here is a summary of what I believe...

Yahweh is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.
What do you believe and are describing is one person with one center of consciousness who manifest himself in different forms. At the baptism you have one individual incarnate form, who has another individual in spirit form descending on him, plus a third individual who states that the first individual is his son.
You have three centers of consciousness in that one event. Youhave a serious contradiction.

So my original question in post #1 was...

In the form of a Dove....while God the Son was standing in the river and God the Father was speaking.

Do you consider the Holy Spirit as God?
Do you consider the Father as God?
Do you consider Jesus as God?

Do you acknowledge that all 3 were present in one form or another at the same time during the baptism event?

In the form of a Dove....while God the Son was standing in the river and God the Father was speaking.

My question started with "Did" which signifies it is a Yes or No question.

Are you able to answer Yes or No to this question concerning Yahweh...

Do you consider the Holy Spirit as God?
Do you consider the Father as God?
Do you consider Jesus as God?
Do you acknowledge that all 3 were present in one form or another at the same time during the baptism event?

I answer Yes to all four questions.

So what do YOU believe...

Do you consider Yahweh as the Holy Spirit?
Do you consider Yahweh as the Father?
Do you consider Yahweh as Jesus?

Do you acknowledge that Yahweh was present in one form or another at the same time during the baptism event?

I answer Yes to all four questions.

Then how is that not acknowledging the Trinity?

We both believe...

The Father is God.
The Son is God.
The Holy Spirit is God.

But I also believe...

God is the Father.
God is the Son.
God is the Holy Spirit.

Whereas Trinitarians do NOT believe that.

I answered your question, now...

Are you able to answer Yes or No to this question concerning Yahweh...

And, are you able to answer these questions...

Do you consider Yahweh as the Holy Spirit?
Do you consider Yahweh as the Father?
Do you consider Yahweh as Jesus?

Do you acknowledge that Yahweh was present in one form or another at the same time during the baptism event?

So what was Yahweh doing?

In other words...

As to the Trinity you have four nouns. The being YHWH, and the three centers of consciousness Father, Son and HS. The three fully share the being, and identify as YHWH individually and collectively. As to free will choices that requires consciousness.
As to your question, it was the HS who chose to descend on Jesus.

As to your question, it was the HS who chose to descend on Jesus.

Okay, and since YOU say...

The being YHWH, and the three centers of consciousness Father, Son and HS. The three fully share the being, and identify as YHWH individually and collectively.

That means you believe...

It was YHWH who chose to descend on YHWH.

(Since YOU say the HS and Jesus both identify as YHWH.)

Correct?

Back