Jesus Christ in Us Is Why We Are Guiltless For Profaning the Sabbath

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ex 31:13-16 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant.

Many have a difficult time understanding "a perpetual covenant" from GOD's Point Of View. "but you already knew that:", as well.
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
Workers of iniquity refers to those who abide in darkness, those who remain separated from Christ, "until the very end of man's existence,"
but you already knew that:
SDAchristian said:​
The Catch22 of being a prophet of GOD, coming close to recognize our total fallen condition, and need of Christ, until the very end of man's existence.​
But because of your callous stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are [deliberately] storing up wrath for yourself...Romans 2:5

The Just Live by Faith, Christ or Judgment​

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Hebrews 10:25-27
{Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
AV 1C 3:16-20 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

The Holy Spirit knows exactly who are 'defil'ing themselves, in any one of many ways.

AV Hb 10:30-31 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

"him shall God destroy", We should look forward to the coming blasphemy of stealing GOD's "Vengeance".

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

Prologue:
AV Ex 31:13-16 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant.

Many have a difficult time understanding "a perpetual covenant" from GOD's Point Of View. "but you already knew that:", as well.

AV 1C 3:16-20 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

The Holy Spirit knows exactly who are 'defil'ing themselves, in any one of many ways.

AV Hb 10:30-31 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 [It is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

"him shall God destroy", We should look forward to the coming blasphemy of stealing GOD's "Vengeance".

Yours in Christ, Michael
Michael says;
We should look forward to the coming blasphemy of stealing GOD's "Vengeance".

OH REALLY there Michael;
From you post I see you cannot wait;
in fact you will be the 1st to throw the stones

have you never read ???

Amos 5:18
Woe unto you (Thats you Michael)
that desire the day of the Lord!
to what end is it for you?
the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.

Luke 17:6
And the Lord said,
If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed,
ye might say unto
this sycamine tree,
Be thou plucked up by the root,
and be thou planted in the sea;
and it should obey you

I sence a whole bunch of Bitterness in your post
but you can be rid of That Bitter Root of Jealousy

JonHawk

Prologue:
AV Ex 31:13-16 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you.
He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:16

AV 1C 3:16-20 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Warning Against Idolatry

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers.
What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. 2 Cor 6:14-16

Hark

Prologue:
AV Ja 2:7-12 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called? 8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: 9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

AV Mt 5:27-28 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Has GOD changed the definition of sin between covenants ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Michael,

If the Jews kept the sabbath in the Old Covenant to obtain salvation by ( and they were required to stone those Jews that break the sabbath in order to keep the sabbath also ) then how can Christians keep the sabbath under the New Covenant when there are no such instructions for the Gentiles converts to learn ... in order to obtain salvation by?

Your sight is on the sin rather than what Christ Jesus has done for having saved you. Matthew 12:1-7 testifies the truth that because you are saved per the New Covenant is why there is no more necessity to keep the sabbath day to obtain salvation by, because Jesus Christ has saved you; your body becomes the Temple of the Holy Spirit & Jesus Christ is in you & thus with you always to be able to make you stand by His righteousness alone apart from the law of keeping the sabbath day.

So to judge by that law of liberty means you are guiltless for profaning the sabbath day because He has saved you apart from the law. That is what it means that Jesus Christ is Your Savior rather than yourself by keeping the sabbath day.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Do you continue to exalt yourself over other Christians for keeping the sabbath day holy as per under the Old Covenant or will the Lord Jesus Christ help you to see finally why you are guiltless for profaning the sabbath day because you are saved for why He is with you always?

JonHawk

Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them. Ezekiel 20:12

Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed.

Also the foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord;
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, And holds fast My covenant—— Isaiah 56:1,6

The law of keeping the sabbath was not done away with, ... because Jesus fulfilled the law for us to be saved because by believing in Him is how we are saved ...
Look at the new reality in Christ Jesus where our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit & Jesus Christ is in us and with us always for why we are guiltless.
1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Yet they rebelled against Me in the wilderness and defiled My Sabbaths; Ezekiel 20:13

It is the unbelief, the worldliness, unconsecration, and strife among the Lord's professed people that have kept us in this world of sin—Manuscript 4, 1883. {EGW}​
We may have to remain here in this world because of insubordination many more years, as did the children of Israel; Letter 184, 1901. {EGW}​
Were all who profess His name bearing fruit to His glory, how quickly the whole world would be sown with the Seed of the gospel—TC {EGW}​
___________________________________________________________________________________
See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Last edited:

Hark

Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them. Ezekiel 20:12
The Lord sanctifies us now, because we are saved, not the keeping of the sabbath.
Maintain justice and do what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed.
By believing in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God raised Him from the dead, we are saved. His righteousness is revealed.
Also the foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord;
Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, And holds fast My covenant—— Isaiah 56:1,6
That is in reference to the Old Covenant, not the New.
Yet they rebelled against Me in the wilderness and defiled My Sabbaths; Ezekiel 20:13

It is the unbelief, the worldliness, unconsecration, and strife among the Lord's professed people that have kept us in this world of sin—Manuscript 4, 1883. {EGW}​
We may have to remain here in this world because of insubordination many more years, as did the children of Israel; Letter 184, 1901. {EGW}​
Were all who profess His name bearing fruit to His glory, how quickly the whole world would be sown with the Seed of the gospel—TC {EGW}​
___________________________________________________________________________________
See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. Hebrews 3:12
You have yet to answer what Jesus was talking about in Matthew 12:1-7 for why believers are guiltless for profaning the sabbath. The 2 examples He gave in the Old Testament where the saints DID profane the sabbath but were guiltless because they were in the Temple for why He said One greater than the Temple was here for why His disciples were guiltless for profaning the sabbath that the Pharisees were seeking to conemn His disciples for in picking corn from the field to eat.

Matthew 12:1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

So did the disciples profaned the sabbath by picking corn to eat? Yes, because why would Jesus defend them? So how did Jesus defended them? That He was with them for why they are guiltless because Jesus as God is greater than the Temple for why we are guiltless too.

No matter what you quote per the Old Covenant in what is required of the Jews to save themselves, you have to address what Jesus Christ has done for why the New Covenant can not be anything of the Old Covenant at all, because Jesus Christ has done it; He has saved us; do you deny Him as your Savior for why you are keeping the sabbath day to bring about your own salvation?

Go to Jesus Christ in prayer to help you see the truth in His words per Matthew 12:1-7.

JonHawk

The Lord sanctifies us now, because we are saved, not the keeping of the sabbath.

By believing in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God raised Him from the dead, we are saved. His righteousness is revealed.

That is in reference to the Old Covenant, not the New.
All new covenant believers understand that they were set apart, sanctified through Christ.
So their eyes may be open, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ (Acts 26:18)

And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 1 Cor 15

Hark

All new covenant believers understand that they were set apart, sanctified through Christ.
So their eyes may be open, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ (Acts 26:18)

And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 1 Cor 15
Then per the New Covenant, the saints of Jesus Christ are separated & set apart from the Jews per their Old Covenant, otherwise, the New Covenant would be confused with the Old Covenant, hence the New Covenant cannot be the same nor relating to the Old Covenant at all.

Religion is about what man can do and that is why Jesus had to come because God's chosen people could not do it for they were sinners.

The New Covenant is now God's turn and He has done it in having saved us that believe in Him & can help us to follow Him. That is His glory and all He requires from us is to believe in Jesus Christ that He has saved us and He will help us to follow Him per His words in the N.T.

JonHawk

In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ...Col 2:11
Then per the New Covenant, the saints of Jesus Christ are separated & set apart from the Jews per their Old Covenant, otherwise, the New Covenant would be confused with the Old Covenant, hence the New Covenant cannot be the same nor relating to the Old Covenant at all.

Religion is about what man can do and that is why Jesus had to come because God's chosen people could not do it for they were sinners.

The New Covenant is now God's turn and He has done it in having saved us that believe in Him & can help us to follow Him. That is His glory and all He requires from us is to believe in Jesus Christ that He has saved us and He will help us to follow Him per His words in the N.T.
But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and [true] circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit,...Rom 2:29

Hark

In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ...Col 2:11

But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and [true] circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit,...Rom 2:29
Thereby with the circumcision of the heart ( spiritual ) the keeping of the sabbath day outwardly is no longer needed when His righteousness alone apart from the law is how we are saved. That is why when we profane the sabbath, we are guiltless because Christ's righteousness apart from the law is imputed on us that it is no longer necessary to keep the sabbath to obtain salvation when Jesus Christ has saved us when we had believed in Him.

JonHawk

For the law is fulfilled in Christ, granting righteousness to everyone who believes in Him as Savior.

Thereby with the circumcision of the heart ( spiritual ) the keeping of the sabbath day outwardly is no longer needed when His righteousness alone apart from the law is how we are saved. That is why when we profane the sabbath, we are guiltless because Christ's righteousness apart from the law is imputed on us that it is no longer necessary to keep the sabbath to obtain salvation when Jesus Christ has saved us when we had believed in Him.
Because Christ fulfilled the law and imputes us with His righteousness is the very reason why we don't violate the sabbath rest.

For it was fitting that He, for whose sake are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for this reason He is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters, Heb 2

Hark

For the law is fulfilled in Christ, granting righteousness to everyone who believes in Him as Savior.

Because Christ fulfilled the law and imputes us with His righteousness is the very reason why we don't violate the sabbath rest.
But to keep the sabbath rest per the law is denying that Christ has fulfilled the law for why you still believe you need to do that in order to obtain salvation. If you believe you are saved, then with Jesus Christ in you is why you are guiltless for profaning the sabbath.
For it was fitting that He, for whose sake are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering 11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for this reason He is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters, Heb 2
Now consider your words here because then to say we are not saved yet for why we need to keep the sabbath rest is denying Him what He has done in having saved us by believing in Him.

We are saved and even though we are profaning the sabbath rest, Christ has fulfilled the law by having saved us that His righteousness apart from the law is able to make us stand.

JonHawk

These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
But to keep the sabbath rest per the law is denying that Christ has fulfilled the law for why you still believe you need to do that in order to obtain salvation. If you believe you are saved, then with Jesus Christ in you is why you are guiltless for profaning the sabbath.

Now consider your words here because then to say we are not saved yet for why we need to keep the sabbath rest is denying Him what He has done in having saved us by believing in Him.

We are saved and even though we are profaning the sabbath rest, Christ has fulfilled the law by having saved us that His righteousness apart from the law is able to make us stand.
Let's cut to the chase. The sabbath rest you speak of profaning, is it based on having assurance of Christ's complete work of redemption,
or is it a day of the week?

13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Col 1

Hark

These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Let's cut to the chase. The sabbath rest you speak of profaning, is it based on having assurance of Christ's complete work of redemption,

13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
In regards to Matthew 12:1-7 when Jesus was defending His disciples for picking ears of corn to eat from the field on the sabbath day, He is talking about profaning the sabbath day and why His disciples were guiltless because He was with them. That was the point of referring to 2 incidents in the scripture for how the saints had profaned the sabbath day but were guiltless because they were in the Temple, and so One greater than the Temple was there for how and why Jesus defended His disciples by His being with them.

Our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit now and Jesus Christ is within us and thus with us always for why we are also guiltless for profaning the sabbath day. Jesus Christ is our sabbath rest for why we need not keep the sabbath day to obtain salvation by, or to obtain that rest in Him.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

Our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit now and Jesus Christ is within us and thus with us always for why we are also guiltless for profaning the sabbath day. Jesus Christ is our sabbath rest for why we need not keep the sabbath day to obtain salvation by, or to obtain that rest in Him.
You didn't answer the question. Are you profaning Christ's complete work of redemption or the weak and beggarly elements, days and months? (Gal 4:9-10)

Seeker

Stop being a mystery….you aren’t snawering his question, but forcing scripture down his throat.

Seeker

Seeker

To suggest we don’t violate the sabbath because Christ fulfilled the law is totally wrong dear brother. The sabbath commandment just like all the commandments, are like a sign post that pointed to Christ. But you seek to be back under the law because you don’t understand the law and it’s role. Study Gal 4, brother and you will be free.

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

For the law is fulfilled in Christ, granting righteousness to everyone who believes in Him as Savior.​

To suggest we don’t violate the sabbath because Christ fulfilled the law is totally wrong dear brother. The sabbath commandment just like all the commandments, are like a sign post that pointed to Christ. But you seek to be back under the law because you don’t understand the law and it’s role. Study Gal 4, brother and you will be free.
It wasn't a suggestion. I didn't flinch when I plainly stated that through the full redemption in Christ we enter into His rest.

Hark

JonHawk said:

For the law is fulfilled in Christ, granting righteousness to everyone who believes in Him as Savior.​

Only Christ Jesus can show you how you are opposing yourself. The second statement opposes and is hypocritical to the first statement in bold