Jesus Did Not Seek the Honor That Comes From Men

While living on this earth, Jesus did not seek the honor that comes from men. Why then, does the Roman Catholic pope, who claims to be the 'Vicar of Jesus Christ' on this earth, seek men's honor?
How so? While I am not a fan of this Pope, he isn't exactly living a lifestyle as Joel Olsteen and many other preachers do. He is simply doing his job as the Bishop of Rome. I would appreciate a few examples of Pope Francis seeking "men's honor".

How so? While I am not a fan of this Pope, he isn't exactly living a lifestyle as Joel Olsteen and many other preachers do. He is simply doing his job as the Bishop of Rome. I would appreciate a few examples of Pope Francis seeking "men's honor".
How about people bowing down before him and kissing his ring??

REV 22:
8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

ACTS 10:
25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.

26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

Sure looks like the acorns fell along way from the tree based on what the modern day popes allow.

Really not much different. He allows people to bow down before him, kiss his rings and carry on as if he is God. It is wrong. Two wrongs never make a right. I mean RCs point to an extreme in a protestant religion to make them seem right. It fails. It does not clean up the false practices in your institution. It just shows it is not alone in being a bad tree.

When this has happened, (and I don't know if it has happened with this Pope), it is done out of respect for the Chair of Peter. The ring is a symbol of the office of Bishop. The question is, is the Pope going out of his way for this to happen, or do people take it upon themselves to do this?

When this has happened, (and I don't know if it has happened with this Pope), it is done out of respect for the Chair of Peter. The ring is a symbol of the office of Bishop. The question is, is the Pope going out of his way for this to happen, or do people take it upon themselves to do this?
I see, I sure wish that I had seen that response coming. :rolleyes:

Maybe it comes from seeing their leaders and how they act towards the cardinals and the popes. They are also seated in the front seats etc. So it is the lambs following the wolves to their doom.

I see, I sure wish that I had seen that response coming. :rolleyes:
Do I personally like to see that sort of thing? Nope. Would I ever do it myself? Nope. It is what it is, I was just trying to give some insight into the practice. One thing that can be said about Francis is that he has given up some of the stuff that the Pope could get. He does not live in the palatial Papal Apartments, and he stays in a hotel like building where other visitors to Vatican City stay. He also takes his meals in a communal setting.

Vatican II formalised the eschatological direction of the Church. That is preparing the world for the last things. ie death, judgment, heaven and hell. I myself have trust in Pope Francis' papacy as bringing it in his style and way. Giving the laity the opportunity to contribute with their God given gifts of the Spirit ie a synodal Church... has been a long time coming. Pope Benedict dropped the title "Patriarch of the West" from his papal signature and Pope Francis has further dropped "Vicar of Christ". Those are now only recognised as historical titles.

Pope Francis has attempted to drop the antiquated "kissing of the ring" but sometimes people just don't want to let it go and it can result in humorous situations such as this one.

Do I personally like to see that sort of thing? Nope. Would I ever do it myself? Nope. It is what it is, I was just trying to give some insight into the practice. One thing that can be said about Francis is that he has given up some of the stuff that the Pope could get. He does not live in the palatial Papal Apartments, and he stays in a hotel like building where other visitors to Vatican City stay. He also takes his meals in a communal setting.
Oh.... poor man - how he must suffer :cry:. Maybe Mary will be moved with pity for him and will persuade the Father to accomodate dear Francis with more elaborate sleeping and eating palaces, each being his own customized resort - afterall, your Roman Catholic Church teaches that Francis IS the Vicar of Jesus Christ on earth - nothing is too good for him!

Back