Jesus Explained How to be SAVED

Our Lord's God

Jesus Teaches How to be Saved
And he called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wants to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it, but whoever loses his soul for my sake and the Gospel will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? For what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Mark 8:34-37

You must deny yourself
You must take up your cross
You must then follow in his footsteps.
You must lose (lit. "destroy") your soul
... to save your soul

Jesus clearly explained how to be saved. Why isn't anyone listening? Do you not know he only spoke what the Father told him to say? Do you not know his teachings were not his own but the Father's? Do you not know this is the Father's teaching?

Why do so many seek to nullify the teachings of our Lord?

Last edited:

Thistle

And he called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wants to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it, but whoever loses his soul for my sake and the Gospel will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? For what will a man give in exchange for his soul? Mark 8:34-37

You must deny yourself
... to save your soul

Jesus clearly explained how to be saved. Why isn't anyone listening? Do you not know he only spoke what the Father told him to say? Do you not know his teachings were not his own but the Father's? Do you not know this is the Father's teaching?

Thank you for this. This is a wonderful post. If we are going to go to heaven, there is only one way to do that. We have to belong to the only person who can walk in the front door. And if we are going to follow him through that door, we are going to have to follow him period. Paul picks up on this idea in Romans:

"for he who has died is freed from sin." - Romans 6:7 NASB
We are not earning our way into heaven by doing this, lest we confuse beginning the Christian life with living it. The content of this new life has everything to do with "observe[ing] all that I commanded you."

Our Lord's God

Thank you for this. This is a wonderful post. If we are going to go to heaven, there is only one way to do that. We have to belong to the only person who can walk in the front door. And if we are going to follow him through that door, we are going to have to follow him period. Paul picks up on this idea in Romans:

"for he who has died is freed from sin." - Romans 6:7 NASB
We are not earning our way into heaven by doing this, lest we confuse beginning the Christian life with living it. The content of this new life has everything to do with "observe[ing] all that I commanded you."

Paul tells us that he does what Jesus taught right here:

10 that I may know Him and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Philippians 3:10-11

“If anyone wants to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his soul will lose it, but whoever loses his soul for my sake and the Gospel will save it."

Gary Mac

The way of Jesus is perfection in the Father in ourselves to be as He is and in His same image. Not many follow him in his way. When I read Paul and see his teachings as a sinner, I have to lean on Jesus instead who was without sin and of the perfections of the Father and said we should be as well. Jesus is just the better way for me than Paul was.

e v e

You must deny yourself
... to save your soul

the last item is off.

it's the Self we are to lose... a foreign carnal mindset glued to the soul.. that mimics the soul.
the soul herself we are not to lose.. dying to Self is the point...

You misunderstood the line...

the term used there is psuche. psuche is NOT the soul. Psuche is the SELF.

the soul is npsh.

the Self is psuche. Go read the OT and the meaning of npsh. Used many times. Psuche is NOT His.
Every word He, our God (Christ), said there is right...but you fell for a Roman trick.

Gary Mac

the last item is off.

it's the Self we are to lose... a foreign carnal mindset glued to the soul.. that mimics the soul.

the term is psuche. psuche is NOT the soul. Psuche is the SELF.

the soul is npsh.

the Self is psuche. Go read the OT.
Every word God said there is right...but you fell for a Roman trick.
The one you say you live in as hateful, ugly, cruel, and evil apes?

e v e

The one you say you live in as hateful, ugly, cruel, and evil apes?
you of course hate God and use those words (in your post I just quoted) to describe Him. Those are YOUR words, not mine.
I disavow all your ugly descriptions.

e v e

The soul is the only part of a man that belongs to Him.

Psuche is NOT HIS and yes that part, in English being the SELF, needs to die, and fast.

e v e

The Eden soul belongs to Him and what we need to stay in and listen to Him by and never depart from. It's our only connection to Him.

The SELF belongs to the satanic realm and needs to be DIED TO.

The Self is what Adam acquired when he betrayed God.

e v e

The SELF is utterly cruel and conniving and of course WANTS the soul to DIE.

And it Hates God.

The self is a monster.

Gary Mac

you of course hate God and use those words (in your post I just quoted) to describe Him. Those are YOUR words, not mine.
I disavow all your ugly descriptions.
Actually my God is Love, He is only hate for you in your own words that you live in as self which you see as ugly, hateful, cruel. To me is a miserable state of being. But seem you enjoy living in that for you continually say it is your life do you not? .
Your eden soul is a pipe dream with not substance to support it this day where you live. The after life is not going to reveal Gods kingdom for it truley doesnt come with observation but is within you, or is supposed to be in you.

Gary Mac

The SELF is utterly cruel and conniving and of course WANTS the soul to DIE.

And it Hates God.

The self is a monster.
I have to say that I thank my God of Love that I am not of self but an of His Spirit of Love. for in Him brings a bright and sunny day.

The god that you serve as you say is a monster, and hates that bright and sunny day to walk as He walk in His same love.

eve, there really is a batter state of mind of the God of Love than the one you portray that is dark and ugly and hateful and monstrous.

e v e

I have to say that I thank my God of Love that I am not of self but an of His Spirit of Love. for in Him brings a bright and sunny day.

The god that you serve as you say is a monster, and hates that bright and sunny day to walk as He walk in His same love.

eve, there really is a batter state of mind of the God of Love than the one you portray that is dark and ugly and hateful and monstrous.
you call Him a monster. i have never said the things you invent and accuse me of.

stop putting words in my mouth that You say and that are not true. you have no authority to force your opinions on me or speak for me.

e v e

Actually my God is Love, He is only hate for you in your own words that you live in as self which you see as ugly, hateful, cruel. To me is a miserable state of being. But seem you enjoy living in that for you continually say it is your life do you not? .
Your eden soul is a pipe dream with not substance to support it this day where you live. The after life is not going to reveal Gods kingdom for it truley doesnt come with observation but is within you, or is supposed to be in you.
see last post. you can claim that i say something i did not but i disavow the words you try to put in my mouth. that’s what you say i am.

Gary Mac

you call Him a monster. i have never said the things you invent and accuse me of.

stop putting words in my mouth that You say and that are not true. you have no authority to force your opinions on me or speak for me.
Man is the creation of God and did you not say His creation is monstrous? His kingdom isnt monstrous for me for the creation my God has made is of Love. I suppose some would see Him as a monster if they are under conviction for not living in His kingdom of Love. I mean look how these of the day saw Jesus as a monstrous blasphemer.

I do not see life as you see it, my life is a beautiful and wonderful thing and for some reason you see that as evil and trying to force opinions on you. But truth is my life in the Father is beautiful and not an opinion at all but it is who I am. All I can do is is all Jesus could do and be that witness of Him by identification with Him.

May I ask why that is so negative for you?

Our Lord's God

the last item is off.

the term used there is psuche. psuche is NOT the soul. Psuche is the SELF.

the soul is npsh.

the Self is psuche. Go read the OT and the meaning of npsh. Used many times. Psuche is NOT His.
Every word He, our God (Christ), said there is right...but you fell for a Roman trick.

Psyche IS the Greek word for SOUL

Our Lord's God

The way of Jesus is perfection in the Father in ourselves to be as He is and in His same image. Not many follow him in his way. When I read Paul and see his teachings as a sinner, I have to lean on Jesus instead who was without sin and of the perfections of the Father and said we should be as well. Jesus is just the better way for me than Paul was.

Paul did exactly what Jesus taught.

e v e

npsh is a living soul, complete with body, the term used in hebrew is one word for both soul and body.

psuche is the self. not the npsh soul.