Jesus Explicitly States That He Is God.

Towerwatchman

It’s one thing to argue that an author of the Bible communicated implicitly or figuratively that Jesus is God or explicitly and literally Jesus is God. But what is undisputable is a recording of Jesus stating explicitly and literally that He is God.

Read the following below.

Rev 21:5-7 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” [And He said] to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” And He said to me, “It is done! {Jesus Jn 19:30] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. [Jesus Rev 22:13} I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.[Jesus Jn 7:37-38]. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I [Jesus] will be his God [THEOS] and he shall be My son.

It’s one thing to argue that an author of the Bible communicated implicitly or figuratively that Jesus is God or explicitly and literally Jesus is God. But what is undisputable is a recording of Jesus stating explicitly and literally that He is God.

Read the following below.

Rev 21:5-7 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” [And He said] to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” And He said to me, “It is done! {Jesus Jn 19:30] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. [Jesus Rev 22:13} I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.[Jesus Jn 7:37-38]. 7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I [Jesus] will be his God [THEOS] and he shall be My son.

No, it’s certainly not explicitly stating Jesus is God.

This is the One who sits on the throne speaking; Jesus sits at the right hand of God.

This is a reference to God the Father speaking about those who overcome, including Jesus who himself overcame.

Notice verse 7 says “He who overcomes shall inherit all things.” That’s referring to Jesus who overcame the world.

John 16
33I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!”

Hebrews 1
2But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son,whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

This can apply to anyone. We can be co-heirs with Jesus.

Romans 8
17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Jesus, who overcame, identifies his Father as his God.

John 20
17“Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’ ”

No, it’s certainly not explicitly stating Jesus is God.

This is the One who sits on the throne speaking; Jesus sits at the right hand of God.
Off on the wrong track.
Revelation 3:21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne
This is a reference to God the Father speaking about those who overcome, including Jesus who himself overcame.

Notice verse 7 says “He who overcomes shall inherit all things.” That’s referring to Jesus who overcame the world.
Revelation 3:21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne
John 16
33I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!”

Hebrews 1
2But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son,whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe.

This can apply to anyone. We can be co-heirs with Jesus.

Romans 8
17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Jesus, who overcame, identifies his Father as his God.

John 20
17“Do not cling to Me,” Jesus said, “for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go and tell My brothers, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God.’ ”
In the future argue the immediate text. Taking a bunny hop through the NT before arguing the immediate text, is not recommended.

Off on the wrong track.

In the future argue the immediate text. Taking a bunny hop through the NT before arguing the immediate text, is not recommended.

Notice Jesus has his own thrown in Revelation 3:21 and it’s a place of power and/or authority “at the right hand of God” which is mentioned many times in the New Testament.

You shouldn’t interpret the Bible around a single, solitary, verse about Jesus sitting on a throne with Father.

The rest of the New Testament has a narrative of the Father being God and Jesus being beneath God in authority.

John 14
28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come againunto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 Corinthians 15
27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

Notice Jesus has his own thrown in Revelation 3:21 and it’s a place of power and/or authority “at the right hand of God” which is mentioned many times in the New Testament.

You shouldn’t interpret the Bible around a single, solitary, verse about Jesus sitting on a throne with Father.

The rest of the New Testament has a narrative of the Father being God and Jesus being beneath God in authority.

John 14
28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come againunto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 Corinthians 15
27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
if the speaker is identified by the immediate text, that is who it is. Bad scholarship to ignore the immediate text and introduce a different distant alternative.

, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” And He said to me, “It is done! {Jesus Jn 19:30] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. [Jesus Rev 22:13} I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.[Jesus Jn 7:37-38]. 7 He who overcomes (Jesus Rev 3:21) shall inherit all things, and

Seems it’s Jesus who is speaking.

Who is the speaker in Revelation 22:13?

Revelation 22:13 seems to be Jesus talking in my opinion, but look at what it actually says:

13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

God doesn't have a beginning and end does He?

Compare it to Revelation 1:8 where it says it is the Lord God Almighty speaking who doesn't have a beginning or end, but rather who is, was, and is to come. That's talking about an eternal existence in my opinion.

8“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is and was and is to come—the Almighty.

Revelation 22:13 seems to be Jesus talking in my opinion, but look at what it actually says:

13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

God doesn't have a beginning and end does He?

Who is the speaker in Revelation 21:6?

And,
Are you a Jehovah's Witness?

As far as I can tell that’s God talking and He’s dictating what someone needs to write down.

Please answer your own question from post 7.

Revelation 21:6
Then He said to me, It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

Furthermore, you never answered if you are a Jehovah's Witness or not.
Are you?

Back