Jesus had a beginning at some point in infinity

Yahchristian

The orthodox doctrine of the early church was that Jesus had a beginning at some point in infinity, but that He always existed within the Father as the "essence of His being."

Just to clarify YOUR view...

1) Do YOU believe Jesus had a beginning at some point in infinity?

2) Do YOU consider yourself a Trinitarian?

I am curious what other TRINITARIANS on this forum think...

Is Biblican's quote above a valid TRINITARIAN statement?

Jesus' soul/person had a beginning, His Spirit which is the Holy Spirit did not. As I said in my post, the orthodox doctrine of the early church was that Jesus had a beginning at some point in infinity which was also taught by Calvin and Wesley and was mandated by the third and fourth councils. Do your own research like I did. The church today has deviated from the orthodox doctrine. I consider myself to be Biblical Trinitarian. The word Trinity means a tri-unity. That means God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all unified. The persons of the Father and the Son are unified by the Holy Spirit. There is no fourth element in scripture that unifies them. All three are distinct from each other, all three operate simultaneously and all three are one God because they are all one Spirit with distinctions in the persons.

The Son is Eternal just the same as the Father and Holy Spirit are Eternal. Without a beginning .

It is if you were living in Wesley or Calvin's day. As I said, the orthodox doctrine was that Jesus had a beginning at some point in infinity. If He didn't then we do not have a Father and Son, we have two co-eternal gods and we are polytheists. The scriptures were written to avoid that concept.

It is if you were living in Wesley or Calvin's day. As I said, the orthodox doctrine was that Jesus had a beginning at some point in infinity. If He didn't then we do not have a Father and Son, we have two co-eternal gods and we are polytheists. The scriptures were written to avoid that concept.

You believe in an eternal "third person" so you're still a polytheist according to your own definition.

The Bible supports the orthodox version. That's where they got it from.

You said if Jesus had no beginning it would be polytheism, but you believe in an eternal "third person" so you're still a polytheist according to your own definition.

You believe in an eternal "third person" so you're still a polytheist according to your own definition.
Nope. The word "soul" which is the person of anyone is only associated with the Father and Son, never the Holy Spirit. That is because the Holy Spirit is rendered in the neuter in the Greek and is referred to as an "It" in several places. Because God has designed the spirit to operate with the soul, the "person" of the Hoy Spirit is the person of the Father and the Son. The persons of the Farher and the Son are unified by the Spirit and this is how they enter the believer as in John 14:23.

Nope. The word "soul" which is the person of anyone is only associated with the Father and Son, never the Holy Spirit. That is because the Holy Spirit is rendered in the neuter in the Greek and is referred to as an "It" in several places. Because God has designed the spirit to operate with the soul, the "person" of the Hoy Spirit is the person of the Father and the Son. The persons of the Farher and the Son are unified by the Spirit and this is how they enter the believer as in John 14:23.

Wow you really are like a unitarian. I was right.

So there's the Father with an "eternal thing" in eternity who created the Son at some point.

The trinity is a tradition of men.

Lul.
There are Three mentioned in scripture, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The word Trinity comes from the Latin word trinitas which means simply, "A union of three." God is one Spirit as Jesus said, the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit Matthew 10:20. We see God unifying Himself with the Messiah with the Holy Spirit in Isaiah 42:1. That is the Trinity as the scriptures reveal the concept. The wording "God eternally exists as three persons" is misleading and is not supported by the scriptures in the original launguage.

Back