Jesus IS God - The evidence

Gary Mac

Gary I think whether you know it or not you're into Gnosticism. You do seem to have your own spin on it but most of your ideas come right from Gnosticism. Gnosticism claims hidden knowledge as the basis for salvation. They believed that secret revelation frees the "divine spark" within humans, allowing the human soul to return to the divine realm of light in which it belongs. Gnostics see two categories of Christians with one group being carnal (inferior) and the other being spiritual (superior). Only the superior, divinely enlightened persons could comprehend the secret teachings and obtain true salvation. Gnostics claim to possess an elevated knowledge, a “higher truth” known only to a certain few.

Gnosticism comes from the Greek word gnosis which means “to know.” Gnostics claim to possess a higher knowledge, not from the Bible, but acquired on some mystical higher plane of existence. Gnostics see themselves as a privileged class elevated above everybody else by their higher, deeper knowledge of God. Although they claim to follow Jesus Christ and His original teachings, Gnostics contradict Him at every turn.
Actually I am that what Jesus said I should be in the Father. If you cant relate to him yourself dont dictate to me what you think I should be in the creed you cling to. If you see the way of Jesus as an elevation above everyone else, perhaps it isnt I who is gnostic for all who are of Christ are the same in Christ. It is thosw who are without that see us as they saw Jesus of his day as an elevation of self and blaspheme to their religious beliefs such as we have today dont we? You see me just as those of Jesus day saw him and because they couldnt relate to his way he was deemed blasphemer.

As far a gnostics they believe that the SPirit of God resides in man. Sounds kind familiar with Jesus doent it with you be in the Father and He be in you as one, John 17.
Jesus said nothing about salvation through knowledge, but by faith in Him as Savior from sin. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Gods salvation is He manifest in you. Without Him as jesus was with Him there is no salvation to be had from Him. Gods salvation is His knowledge b your own knowledge. It is He who opens up all of His knowledge top man by the same Spirit be in you. If you do not have His same mind, the mind of Christ, then your knowledge is a figmant from someonbe else.
On top of that, the salvation Christ offers is free and available to everyone (John 3:16), not just a select few who have acquired a special revelation. Christianity asserts that there is one source of Truth and that is the Bible, the inspired, inerrant Word of the living God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12). It is God’s written revelation to mankind and is never superseded by man’s thoughts, ideas, writings, or visions.

His salvation is not free at all it will cost you everything that you are or think that you are to be like Him instead. It will cost you your life to gain His. It is a giving up the right to yourself and putting on the Christ yourself. Gods anointing.
But you Gary deny the writings of Paul which happen to be the majority of the New Testament. Can't you see the foolishness in that Gary?
Yes I do see the foolishness. Paul was self proclaimed and wrote his own ideas about Christ. That is why I follow Jesus and not Paul. Did Jesus follow Paul or did he get his information from God himself? Do you even know how Pauls writings got into your bible? it was by a king that didnt even believe in God and authorised it. Paul is not my way, Paul was not Jesus way, God is our way not Paul. Paul has lead a whole lot more to follow him and be the sinner than Jesus ever did to lead people to righteousness to be without sin.

One of these was a sinner and one of these was not. I choose the way of the who is not.

Gary Mac

Did I say that? What do those verses mean?
You implied that I came up with these ideas. Below is the quotes. Did not you say I asserted the meanings of these scriptures when in fact all I do is quote him.
Gary Mac said:
All I do is quote what Jesus said of himself, his God,
And you make assertions about teh meaning of those quotes - and you do not prove your assertions true.
Only all your claims.

Gary Mac

Did I say that? What do those verses mean?
All that you have to do is read them for what they say. God is not asking me to be like other people such a Paul or anyone else, He is asking me to be exactly as Himself and in His same image.

Redeemed

Actually I am that what Jesus said I should be in the Father. If you cant relate to him yourself dont dictate to me what you think I should be in the creed you cling to. If you see the way of Jesus as an elevation above everyone else, perhaps it isnt I who is gnostic for all who are of Christ are the same in Christ. It is thosw who are without that see us as they saw Jesus of his day as an elevation of self and blaspheme to their religious beliefs such as we have today dont we? You see me just as those of Jesus day saw him and because they couldnt relate to his way he was deemed blasphemer.

As far a gnostics they believe that the SPirit of God resides in man. Sounds kind familiar with Jesus doent it with you be in the Father and He be in you as one, John 17.

Gods salvation is He manifest in you. Without Him as jesus was with Him there is no salvation to be had from Him. Gods salvation is His knowledge b your own knowledge. It is He who opens up all of His knowledge top man by the same Spirit be in you. If you do not have His same mind, the mind of Christ, then your knowledge is a figmant from someonbe else.

His salvation is not free at all it will cost you everything that you are or think that you are to be like Him instead. It will cost you your life to gain His. It is a giving up the right to yourself and putting on the Christ yourself. Gods anointing.

Yes I do see the foolishness. Paul was self proclaimed and wrote his own ideas about Christ. That is why I follow Jesus and not Paul. Did Jesus follow Paul or did he get his information from God himself? Do you even know how Pauls writings got into your bible? it was by a king that didnt even believe in God and authorised it. Paul is not my way, Paul was not Jesus way, God is our way not Paul. Paul has lead a whole lot more to follow him and be the sinner than Jesus ever did to lead people to righteousness to be without sin.

One of these was a sinner and one of these was not. I choose the way of the who is not.
We are having a good time right? Good to see you getting it all out.:love:

ferengi

All that you have to do is read them for what they say. God is not asking me to be like other people such a Paul or anyone else, He is asking me to be exactly as Himself and in His same image.
I have - they dont say what you claim

Gary Mac

Your evidence is?
What is it called when you post heresy and cannot prove it true?
Same thing Jesus was accuse of when he couldn't prove his stance either, blaspheme was their accusation wasnt it?
You are asking me to prove something that Jesus couldn't even prove -- LOL.

But in reality Jesus really did pray to his God for you to be like Him in John 17, but then he cant prove that can he? And evidently you have not read them.

Gary Mac

??? No just your claims.
Unsupported

My claims? alI can do is repeat that of Jesus.

So you believe that Jesus convinced those who had him crucified that he had the way of God for them to be like Him as he was like Him? If he did prove to them they sure has an odd way of demonstrating it by convicting and crucifying the man for blaspheme..