Jesus IS God - The evidence

Gary Mac

Now more false witness - you are not going to convince me your heresy is true with false witness
If Love is heresy for you then may God who is Love help you in understanding. You havent met Him to know who He is have you? Obvious in your theology that He is heresy.

And actually I am not the one who came up with the idea that God is a Spirit and His Spirit is Love for it really does state in the book that God is Love. You just have a different god contrary to Him that is why He is heresy for you.

jesus was accused of heresy for the same reason you accuse the God of Love as heresy, Jesus had the same One in him I have in me.

Last edited:

ferengi

If Love is heresy
More false witness - when did I say this?
You havent met Him to know who He is have you? Obvious in your theology that He is heresy.
More false witness - prove it.
You just have a different god contrary to Him that is why He is heresy for you.
jesus was accused of heresy for the same reason you accuse the God of Love as heresy, Jesus had the same One in him I have in me.

Gary Mac

More false witness - when did I say this?
Did not you say the God of Love who is in me and who I am is heresy?
Did not you say that the God I worship who is Love and is in me as one as He was in Jesus in John 17 is heresy?
You said the God who is Spirit and that Spirit is love is heresy now didnt you?
Do you mean prove it as Jesus couldn't prove his God was Love to his accusers as you are doing with me and accused him of heresy just as you are doing?

You can call the Spirit of God who is Love heresy by the laws of the creed you are chained to but I can tell you now the God of heaven who is Spirit and that Spirit is Love resides in us all who has received Him to be in His same image.

Our Lord's God

Personal attack. https://carm.org/forum-rules
Conclusion: So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

Edit per mod

Now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not draw back from Him in shame at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness also has been born of Him. See how great a love the Father has given us, that we would be called children of God and we are. For this reason the world does not know us: because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 1 John 2:28-3:2

Last edited by a moderator:

Our Lord's God

Are you an adult?
Who is this passage referring to?

Now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not draw back from Him in shame at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness also has been born of Him. See how great a love the Father has given us, that we would be called children of God and we are. For this reason the world does not know us: because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 1 John 2:28-3:2

Redeemed

You dont think your childish ad hominem attack is something to apologize for?

Think spirit of antichrist maybe what we are dealing with.

Faith in the deity of Christ is necessary to being a Christian. It is an essential part of the New Testament gospel of Christ. Yet in every century the church has been forced to deal with people who claim to be Christians while denying or distorting the deity of Christ.

But he who hates (detests, despises) his brother [in Christ] is in darkness and walking (living) in the dark; he is straying and does not perceive or know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. It's in the Bible