Jesus IS God - The evidence

ferengi

Think spirit of antichrist maybe what we are dealing with.
I would not doubt that.
Faith in the deity of Christ is necessary to being a Christian. It is an essential part of the New Testament gospel of Christ. Yet in every century the church has been forced to deal with people who claim to be Christians while denying or distorting the deity of Christ.
There have always been heretics.
But he who hates (detests, despises) his brother [in Christ] is in darkness and walking (living) in the dark; he is straying and does not perceive or know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. It's in the Bible
Well said

Gary Mac

Are you going to present evidence Jesus is not god?
No more than Jesus could could present that he was Gods son. Just as with Jesu sin his day he was falsely accused of being God in which he was innocent of charge. He clearly was Gods son and prayed to his God and obeyed his God, and said his God sent him to show you the way to his Father for Him to be in you and you be in Him as one as he was one in Him that he prayed to his God for you to be in John 17.

All you have done is mad a man an idol for worship, a god of flesh, a graven image that of a man. The very same as the Hebrew did in the desert who mad e golden calf to worship instead just a different image for you to worship.

Truth is Jesus aid he could do nothing at all without his God who sent him, this is the one that you do not know in favor of an idol instead of h the same Spirt in you who was in Christ Jesus yourself to walk as He walks in His same light and perfect even as the Father Jesus obeyed to be perfect as He is. This One who came to Jesus and opened all of His heaven to that man in Matt 3:16 is the one true God that you do not know.

ferengi

No more than Jesus could could present that he was Gods son.
So are you claiming there is no evidence he was god?
Just as with Jesu sin his day he was falsely accused of being God in which he was innocent of charge.
Prove he was not god.
All you have done is mad a man an idol for worship, a god of flesh, a graven image that of a man.
Prove it.
The very same as the Hebrew did in the desert who mad e golden calf to worship instead just a different image for you to worship.
See above.
Truth is Jesus aid he could do nothing at all without his God who sent him, this is the one that you do not know in favor of an idol instead of h the same Spirt in you who was in Christ Jesus yourself to walk as He walks in His same light and perfect even as the Father Jesus obeyed to be perfect as He is. This One who came to Jesus and opened all of His heaven to that man in Matt 3:16 is the one true God that you do not know.
See above.

Gary Mac

So are you claiming there is no evidence he was god?

Absolutely, but God can prove to you He is Spirit if you will follow Him and receive Him as Jesus did in Matt 3:16. As Moses did, Abraham did, Mary did, Jesus did, 120 did and we all do who receives the God of heaven as our own disposition.
Prove he was not god.
Prove Jesus was God and that the God of heaven didnt come to him and open all of His heaven to that man in Matt 3:16. I challenge you to prove that jesus was a god and did not receive the God of heaven to be His son. .
Prove it.
You proved it yourself, your god is flesh a man and is not the Spirit who came to May, and came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 and came to 120, You already proved your god is a man and an idol for worship. But oif you will follow Jesus instructions you will see that he was clear the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation as you are seeking a man as a god to come someday, but the kingdom of God is with you. you just dont believe Jesus is all.
See above.
See Above
See above.
See above. Let this same Spirit be in you who was in Christ Jesus, same God be in you who was in Christ Jesus, walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did, same mind, perfect even as He is perfect. You dont have a clue who Jesus was as Gods son.

Gary Mac

Ok so prove your claim.
Do you mean prove it as Jesus tried to prove it the Jews who had him crucified for blaspheme.? He didnt get very far in his proof did he? You are no different, only God Himself can open up His truths to you the same way He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16. Those who had him crucified from lack in proof never got Gods proof -- as you are seeking from ne -- either did they?

Jesus couldnt prove who he was no more than I can in the Father, that is the work of the Father in you, all Jesus could do or all I can do is present to you what it is to be in the Father to be one in Him and He in you as one yourself.

Jesus was clear that in that day ye shall ask me nothing but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you. Only God can give you the truth, Not Jesus not I nor anyone else, that comes only by God Himself be in you as He was in Christ Jesus.

ferengi

Do you mean prove it as Jesus tried to prove it the Jews who had him crucified for blaspheme.? He didnt get very far in his proof did he? You are no different, only God Himself can open up His truths to you the same way He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16. Those who had him crucified from lack in proof never got Gods proof -- as you are seeking from ne -- either did they?

Jesus couldnt prove who he was no more than I can in the Father, that is the work of the Father in you, all Jesus could do or all I can do is present to you what it is to be in the Father to be one in Him and He in you as one yourself.

Jesus was clear that in that day ye shall ask me nothing but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you. Only God can give you the truth, Not Jesus not I nor anyone else, that comes only by God Himself be in you as He was in Christ Jesus.
So you have no evidence for your claims - then I will continue based on the evidence to accept Jesus as who he said he was - God the Son , second person of the Trinity.

Jesus WAS the proof of God - his God. The Father who is light was in Jesus and shined through him. All who rejected this light rejected God.

God the Father is light and Jesus was the light of the world because the Father was abiding in him doing the works. And indeed, true disciples of Jesus are the light of the world too. Matthew 5:14. Not because of good deeds they dream up to do that they declare to be good in God's sight. True disciples are led by the Spirit of God to do only God's will. God in them decides what they do. And that is why they are the light of God, the proof of God. God Himself in them is that light. Many reject the proof God which provides because they are evil and love darkness rather than light. Many routinely visit this forum pretending to be light just as the Pharisees did. The proof of God which HE provided is not a word salad; it is the lives of those in whom He lives, the light of the world.

Gary Mac

So you have no evidence for your claims - then I will continue based on the evidence to accept Jesus as who he said he was - God the Son , second person of the Trinity.
No more than Jesus could prove who he was in the Father. And if you did accept Jesus teachings you would be one in the Father with He in you and you in Him as one, John 17, and have His same mind, same walk same light as He is.

God the son? second person of the trinity? I am His son is that the second person you are speaking of?

you are supposed to be His son as well but you are not are you? .

No more than Jesus could prove who he was in the Father. And if you did accept Jesus teachings you would be one in the Father with He in you and you in Him as one, John 17, and have His same mind, same walk same light as He is.

God the son? second person of the trinity? I am His son is that the second person you are speaking of?

And a begotten son just like Jesus who was the firstborn of many brothers.

ferengi

you are supposed to be His son as well but you are not are you? .

Gary Mac

So you only speculate with no evidence that Jesus was who he said he was when he is claim is he was Gods son not God.

Second person in the trinity? What is that? God is a SPirit not a person, and if you did continue on the evidence to accept Jesus you would know that God came to that man by His Spirit and opened all of His heaven to that man. If Jesus was God looks to me he would have already had that information dont ya think?

And if God is not sufficient enough to lead you to His salvation that He would have to send another god to take His place is a total failure and isnt much of a powerful god at all is he?

Truth is Jesus didnt even know God or His Spirit or His heaven until God came to him and opened it to him by His Spirit. You can read that in Matt 3:16 but then you wont believe it because you have made a man a god in place of the One who did come to Jesus.

ferengi

So you only speculate with no evidence that Jesus was who he said he was when he is claim is he was Gods son not God.
Your evidence is?
Second person in the trinity? What is that? God is a SPirit not a person,
See above.
Truth is Jesus didnt even know God or His Spirit or His heaven until God came to him and opened it to him by His Spirit. You can read that in Matt 3:16 but then you wont believe it because you have made a man a god in place of the One who did come to Jesus.
See above.

Gary Mac

Your evidence is?
Jesus Christ who was Gods son, so are we all who has the same GFather and perfect even as opur Father in heaven is perfect just as Jesus was.
See above.
Yes same SPirit be in me who was in Christ Jesus.
See above.
yes walk as He walks in His same light. Perfect even as my Father in heaven is perfect just as Jesus was perfected in Him himself.

How about you, do you follow the way of Christ to be these things Jesus said you would be if you really did follow him in the way you are supposed to be in the Father yourself?