Jesus is LORD!

lord n. 1. a person who has authority, control, or power over others; master or ruler. 2. a person who exercises authority from property rights; an owner of land, houses, etc. 3. a person who is a leader or has great influence in a profession: the great lords of banking.

Sure. Jesus is lord. There are many lords.

lord n. 1. a person who has authority, control, or power over others; master or ruler. 2. a person who exercises authority from property rights; an owner of land, houses, etc. 3. a person who is a leader or has great influence in a profession: the great lords of banking.

Isaiah 40
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!.

Jesus has “all authority in heaven and on earth” (Matthew 28:18). He is Lord of the Sabbath (Luke 6:5). He is “our only Sovereign and Lord” (Jude 1:4). He is, in fact, the Lord of lords (Revelation 17:14).

Isaiah 40
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Jesus has “all authority in heaven and on earth” (Matthew 28:18). He is Lord of the Sabbath (Luke 6:5). He is “our only Sovereign and Lord” (Jude 1:4). He is, in fact, the Lord of lords (Revelation 17:14).

I agree. Jesus was given all authority on heaven and on earth by his god, and was made lord by his god. Jesus is lord. He is the lord of many lords. His god made it so.

Jesus is LORD!

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. (NASB)

When the text reads "Jesus is Lord" it means the same thing as "Jesus is God."

1. Theological Lexicon of the New Testament: "Let every tongue proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord," that is, God. Such is the object of faith profession and worship: "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved." Henceforth, Christians are "those who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ," that is, who worship his divine majesty and implore his sovereign protection (kyrios, 2:350 - the bold face is mine).
2. Charles Hodge: The affirmative statement is, no man can say Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. The word κύριος, Lord, is that by which the word Jehovah is commonly rendered in the Greek version of the Old Testament. To say Jesus is the Lord, therefore, in the sense of the apostle, is to acknowledge him to be truly God.
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/hdg/1-corinthians-12.html

There may be "many lords"....but when it comes to Jesus,

Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Speaking of God...Deut 10:17 17For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, mighty, and awesome God, showing no partiality and accepting no bribe.

Yes, Jesus is God.

Jesus is The ONE and ONLY Lord.
Pagans have many lords.

I agree. Jesus was given all authority on heaven and on earth by his god, and was made lord by his god. Jesus is lord. He is the lord of many lords. His god made it so.
Jesus was The ONE and ONLY Lord in the womb of His mother, thus He was NEVER made The Lord.
He is The ONE Lord of ALL lords and NO ONE made it so.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. (NASB)

When the text reads "Jesus is Lord" it means the same thing as "Jesus is God."

Oh, I see. When Sarah calls Abraham "lord", she was calling Abraham "God". And that samaritan woman at the well calling Jesus "lord" before she even knew who she was, but later thought it was great that he was the messiah, but somehow didn't think it was important to tell everybody Jesus was actually God.

That's an interesting doctrine you have there.

1. Theological Lexicon of the New Testament: "Let every tongue proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord," that is, God. Such is the object of faith profession and worship: "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved." Henceforth, Christians are "those who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ," that is, who worship his divine majesty and implore his sovereign protection (kyrios, 2:350 - the bold face is mine).
2. Charles Hodge: The affirmative statement is, no man can say Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. The word κύριος, Lord, is that by which the word Jehovah is commonly rendered in the Greek version of the Old Testament. To say Jesus is the Lord, therefore, in the sense of the apostle, is to acknowledge him to be truly God.
https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/hdg/1-corinthians-12.html

Perhaps studylight should consult a dictionary.

Yes The LORD Jesus Is Our GOD.
Isaiah 40

John
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Revelation 19:13
And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Heb 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

There may be "many lords"....but when it comes to Jesus,

Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

I agree. there are many lords.

Speaking of God...Deut 10:17 17For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, mighty, and awesome God, showing no partiality and accepting no bribe.

Yes, Jesus is God.

What Jesus isn't called is "God of gods".

5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. (1Co 8:5-6 NKJ)

Only one God.

Only one Lord.

Amen.

One is God.
One is not. He is lord.

How do you know she didn't? Were you there?

I see. You wish to think that the record would speak long about a mere messiah being in their midst, but the record of the event wouldn't include any mention of the actual God being in their midst. And somehow you think this is rational and others should think likewise.

I agree. there are many lords.

What Jesus isn't called is "God of gods".
Yes He is...I just posed 2 verses that presented the Lord of lords....the Deut verse also identified the Lord of lords as God. You do know that?
The Rev verse identifies the Lord of lords as Jesus.

Simple conclusion...Jesus is God. Or, is there two Lords of lords? I'm saying there are not two Lords of lords.

Amen.

One is God.
One is not. He is lord.
To be the "Lord" in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is to be YHWH (God).

I just posed 2 verses that presented the Lord of lords....the Deut verse also identified the Lord of lords as God. You do know that?
The Rev verse identifies the Lord of lords as Jesus.

Excellent point.

The Father and the Son are both equally God and so they both can be equally referred to as "Lord of lords."
1. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): In His divine equality He is Lord of lords (Rev. 19:16) (5:273, onoma, Bietenhard).
2. Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: kyrios kuriōn i.e. Supreme Lord...Revelation 19:16 (...of God, Deuteronomy 10:17) (kyrios, page 366)
https://biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm

Notice that the "Supreme Lord"of Revelation 19:16 is applied equally in Deuteronomy 10:17.

Back