Jesus is LORD!

To be the "Lord" in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is to be YHWH (God).

I suppose if you are going to make up your doctrine out of thin air, you might as well go big.

You claim that Paul didn't know how to communicate. What he actually meant is

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is this additional God, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

I suppose if you are going to make up your doctrine out of thin air, you might as well go big.

You claim that Paul didn't know how to communicate.
Incorrect.

I am claiming right now you couldn't refute the evidence I provided so you just ignored it.

Yes He is...I just posed 2 verses that presented the Lord of lords....the Deut verse also identified the Lord of lords as God. You do know that?
The Rev verse identifies the Lord of lords as Jesus.

Simple conclusion...Jesus is God. Or, is there two Lords of lords? I'm saying there are not two Lords of lords.

I'm saying "God made Jesus lord". Just like Peter said.

Thus, God isn't Jesus, Jesus isn't God. And Christ's authority derives from God. Thus Jesus isn't called "God of gods"

You claim that Paul didn't know how to communicate. What he actually meant is

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is this additional God, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
Blatant strawman and childish nonsense.

Thus, God isn't Jesus, Jesus isn't God. And Christ's authority derives from God. Thus Jesus isn't called "God of gods"
Proclaimed, announced, declared Jesus to be The ONE Lord in the universe.

Thus Jesus isn't called "God of gods"

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty and a fearsome, who regardeth not persons nor taketh reward. (KJ21)

1. The "God of gods" is also the Lord of lords. This applies to the Lord Jesus in Revelation 17:14; 19:16.

2. The "God of gods" is also a great God. This applies to the Lord Jesus in Titus 2:13.

3. The "God of gods" is also the mighty God. This applies to the Lord Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 (cf. 10:21).

4. The "God of gods" is also a fearsome God. We are to fear the Lord in reference to the Lord Jesus being YHWH.

Jesus is called “Immanuel” means Jesus is God, that He dwelt among us in His incarnation, and that He is always with us. Jesus was God in the flesh. Jesus was God making His dwelling among us (John 1:1, 14).

Isaiah 40
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Proclaimed, announced, declared Jesus to be The ONE Lord in the universe.

I see. Where the bible says "made" you need to help it out and say "proclaimed, announced, declared". Perhaps you need to consult a dictionary for the greek word in question. None of your fantasies are synonyms for the word in question.

Jesus is called “Immanuel” means Jesus is God, that He dwelt among us in His incarnation, and that He is always with us. Jesus was God in the flesh. Jesus was God making His dwelling among us (John 1:1, 14).

Jesus was never called immanuel. Jesus was called Jesus.

22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty and a fearsome, who regardeth not persons nor taketh reward. (KJ21)

1. The "God of gods" is also the Lord of lords. This applies to the Lord Jesus in Revelation 17:14; 19:16.

2. The "God of gods" is also a great God. This applies to the Lord Jesus in Titus 2:13.

3. The "God of gods" is also the mighty God. This applies to the Lord Jesus in Isaiah 9:6 (cf. 10:21).

4. The "God of gods" is also a fearsome God. We are to fear the Lord in reference to the Lord Jesus being YHWH.

I suppose if you are going to make things up, go big or go home.

Jesus isn't called "God of gods" anywhere in the bible, it only exists in your commentaries and your fantasies.

Jesus was never called immanuel. Jesus was called Jesus.

22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
We His Church call Jesus Immanuel!

Isaiah 40
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

I see. You wish to think that the record would speak long about a mere messiah being in their midst, but the record of the event wouldn't include any mention of the actual God being in their midst. And somehow you think this is rational and others should think likewise.
The "record" recorded in the bible does "speak long"...
John 4:39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in Jesus because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to Him, they asked Him to stay with them, and He stayed two days.
41 And many more believed because of His message. 42 They said to the woman, “We now believe not only because of your words; we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man truly is the Savior of the world.”

It speaks long.... as MANY, then MANY MORE believed Jesus was the Savior of the World.

They understood God is the Savior of the World.

Isaiah 49:26 I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine. Then all flesh shall know that I am the LORD your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Isaiah 1:24 Therefore the Lord GOD of Hosts, the Mighty One of Israel, declares: "Ah, I will be relieved of My foes and avenge Myself on My enemies.

So, the Savior, Jesus, is the mighty one of Jacob...Israel...is identified as God.

I suppose if you are going to make things up, go big or go home.

Jesus isn't called "God of gods" anywhere in the bible, it only exists in your commentaries and your fantasies.
I just showed you where Jesus was called Lord of lords...then I showed you where the Lord of lords is called God of Gods....Post 18

OK. I suggest going with Jesus, just like everybody in the NT does.
like “My Lord and my God.”

Isaiah 40

OK. I suggest going with Jesus, just like everybody in the NT does.
You keep rebuking Isaiah and the Baptist!
Isaiah 40

The "record" recorded in the bible does "speak long"...
John 4:39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in Jesus because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to Him, they asked Him to stay with them, and He stayed two days.
41 And many more believed because of His message. 42 They said to the woman, “We now believe not only because of your words; we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man truly is the Savior of the world.”

It speaks long.... as MANY, then MANY MORE believed Jesus was the Savior of the World.

Yes, it says "this man truly is the savior of the world".

What it doesn't say, and what is central to your doctrine, is that this is "God".

They understood God is the Savior of the World.

Isaiah 49:26 I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they shall be drunk with their own blood as with wine. Then all flesh shall know that I am the LORD your Savior, and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Isaiah 1:24 Therefore the Lord GOD of Hosts, the Mighty One of Israel, declares: "Ah, I will be relieved of My foes and avenge Myself on My enemies.

God here is the savior of Jacob (not the world). Did you even read the passage? The woman and those with her were Samaritans.

So, the Savior, Jesus, is the mighty one of Jacob...Israel...is identified as God.

I suppose if you didn't bother to read the passages you quoted.

I see. Where the bible says "made" you need to help it out and say "proclaimed, announced, declared". Perhaps you need to consult a dictionary for the greek word in question. None of your fantasies are synonyms for the word in question.
When did this making occur????

like “My Lord and my God.”

Perhaps you should read the whole chapter, rather than rip a phrase out of context. Just a few verses earlier he says:

17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

[

Back