Jesus is the MOST HIGH, Almighty GOD

The Prophet

1. “To those who through the righteousness of Our God and Savior Jesus Christ,” 2 Peter 1:1

Emphatic Diaglott, NKJ

2. “The glorious appearing of our Great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,” Titus 2:13 Emphatic Diaglott, NKJ

3.”Keep watch over yourself and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has you overseer. Be shepherds of the Church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Acts 20:28 New International V

4.”Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all forever praised amen” Romans 9:5 King James

5.”The life appeared, we have seen it and testified to it, and we proclaim to you the Eternal Life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.” 1 John 1:2 King James and we are in him who is the true even in his son Jesus, He is the True God and Eternal Life,” 1 John 5:20 King James

6.”In the beginning, was the WORD, and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD Himself.” John 1:1 Amplified Version

7.”And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; GOD was manifested in the flesh.” 1 Timothy 3:16 King James

8.”and Thomas answered and said to him “ My LORD and my God,” Jesus said to him :Thomas because you have seen me you have believed,” John 20:28 King James

9.”for in him dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD BODILY,” Colossians 2:9 King James “GODHEAD” {Greek-Theotetos}. In Thayers Greek page 288; The state of being God

10.”who although being essentially one with God and in the Form of God {possessing the fullness of the attributes which make GOD GOD} did not think this equality with God was a thing to be grasped or retained.” Philippians 2:6 Amplified version

11.”No one has seen God {referring to the Father} BUT GOD the One and Only, who is at the Fathers side has made him known.” John 1:18 New International {Jehovah GOD was seen many times by the people, so in them cases it couldn’t be the Father, {had to be Jesus who was seen and called Jehovah.

“Moses and Aaron, Nahab and Abihu, and seventy of the Elders went up and saw God of Israel under his feet was something like pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky it self, but God did not raise his hand against these leaders of Israelites, they saw God, and they ate and drank,” Exodus 24:9-11

“at this point the men turned from there way to Sodom but as for JEHOVAH he was standing still before Abraham….then JEHOVAH went his way when he had finished speaking to Abraham.” Genesis 18:22-33 New World Translation Genesis 18:2 says three men appeared to Abraham, two are identified as angels {Genesis 19:1} ONE IS IDENTIFIED AS JEHOVAH GOD Genesis 18:1,3,13,14,17,20,22,26,27,31,32 and 33

Genesis 19: 27

Now Abraham got up early in the morning and went to the place where he had stood before Jehovah

Exodus 6:2 Then God said to Moses: “I am Jehovah. 3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

Numbers 12: 6 He then said: “Hear my words, please. If there was a prophet of Jehovah among you, I would make myself known to him in a vision, and I would speak to him in a dream.+ 7 But it is not that way with my servant Moses! He is being entrusted with all my house. 8 Face-to-face* I speak to him, openly, not by riddles; and the appearance of Jehovah is what he sees. Why, then, did you not fear to speak against my servant, against Moses?”

Psalm 102:So that the name of Jehovah will be declared in Zion And his praise in Jerusalem, 22 When the peoples and kingdoms Gather together to serve Jehovah.+ 23 He prematurely robbed me of my strength; He cut short my days. 24 I said: O my God, Do not do away with me in the middle of my life, You whose years span all generations. 25 Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. 26 They will perish, but you will remain; just like a garment they will all wear out. Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will pass away. 27 But you are the same, and your years will never end. 28 The children of your servants will dwell securely, And their offspring will be firmly established before you.

Hebrews 1: But when he again brings his Firstborn+ into the inhabited earth, he says: And let all of Gods angels do obeisance to him. 7 Also, he says about the angels: He makes his angels spirits, and his ministers*+ a flame of fire. 8 But about the Son, he says: God is your throne+ forever and ever, and the scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness. 9 you loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you+ with the oil of exultation more than your companions. 10 And: At the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the works of your hands. 11 They will perish, but you will remain; and just like a garment, they will all wear out, 12 and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as a garment, and they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will never come to an end.Under the footnote in verse 12 in New World foundation says this comes from Psalms 102 where it is a reference to Jehovah .

the biblical use of the word "firstborn" is most interesting. It can mean the first born child in a family (Luke 2:7), but it can also mean "pre-eminence." In Psalm 89:20, 27 it says, "I have found David My servant; with My holy oil I have anointed him...I also shall make him My first-born" (NASB). As you can see, David, who was the last one born in his family was called the firstborn by God. This is a title of preeminence.

Gen. 41:51-52, "And Joseph called the name of the first-born Manasseh: For, said he, God hath made me forget all my toil, and all my fatherï's house. And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath made me fruitful in the land of my affliction" (NASB)

Jer. 31:9, "...for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn (NASB)."

Chart

Scriptures

Last edited:
Revelation 1:4, 5, 8:
John,

To the seven churches in the province of Asia:[c]

Grace to you and peace from Him who is, who was, and who is coming...and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth...

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, "the one who is, and who was, and who is coming, the Almighty."

Thus, the Bible makes a clear distinction between "the Almighty" and Jesus Christ(. See also Revelation 22:12).

The Prophet

Revelation 1:4, 5, 8:

Thus, the Bible makes a clear distinction between "the Almighty" and Jesus Christ(. See also Revelation 22:12).
The Person coming soon is Jesus The Almighty God

Revelation 22

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

The Person coming soon is Jesus The Almighty God

Revelation 22

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Revelation 1:8 shows YHWH God as (not only someone other than Christ, but also) the "Alpha and Omega". Then at Revelation 21:6, He is referred to as "the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End". Thus, the One referred to at Revelation 22:13 is the same One referred to at Revelation 1:8, Revelation 21:6, and Isaiah 44:6(--"the First and the Last").

herman

Revelation 1:8 shows YHWH God as (not only someone other than Christ, but also) the "Alpha and Omega". Then at Revelation 21:6, He is referred to as "the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End". Thus, the One referred to at Revelation 22:13 is the same One referred to at Revelation 1:8, Revelation 21:6, and Isaiah 44:6(--"the First and the Last").
Hi Ongyo! I have a few questions for you? At Revelation 1:8 who you identify as YHWH God and as the Alpha and Omega, how is He coming, physically, and when is He coming? I reference Matthew 24:29-31, "But immediately after the tribulation of those days etc. Verse 30, and then the sign of the Son of Man/Jesus Christ will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY."

So according to this it is the Son of Man coming, physically. Then you have at 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17 "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the arc angel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ shall rise first." Verse 17, "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord."

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your organization teach that it is Michael the arc angel who is also Jesus that is coming in these verses? It can't be God the Father who is coming because He cannot physically be seen. I mean you quoted Revelation 22:12-13 to prove that God the Father is the only "Alpha and Omega" etc.

But you know what really does you in with all of I just posted? The last part of Revelation 1:9 where it says, "because of the word of God and the TESTIMONY of Jesus." Now look at (which you overlooked, that is the context) at Revelation 22:20-21, "He who testifies to these things says, "YES, I AM COMING QUICKLY." Amen, Come Lord Jesus." God the Father is not coming and neither is Michael the arc angel. It is Jesus Christ who is coming, why, because it says so.

In Him,
herman

Hi Ongyo! I have a few questions for you? At Revelation 1:8 who you identify as YHWH God and as the Alpha and Omega, how is He coming, physically, and when is He coming? I reference Matthew 24:29-31, "But immediately after the tribulation of those days etc. Verse 30, and then the sign of the Son of Man/Jesus Christ will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY."

So according to this it is the Son of Man coming, physically. Then you have at 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17 "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the arc angel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ shall rise first." Verse 17, "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord."
You're quoting these texts, but ignored the fact that Jesus has already been distinguished from the "One who is, was, and is coming" at Revelation 1:4-6. So I don't understand your point--especially when Revelation 22:12 is an allusion to Isaiah 40:10; 62:11.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your organization teach that it is Michael the arc angel who is also Jesus that is coming in these verses?
There is an entire thread regarding this on this board (already).
It can't be God the Father who is coming because He cannot physically be seen. I mean you quoted Revelation 22:12-13 to prove that God the Father is the only "Alpha and Omega" etc.
Actually, I didn't quote Revelation 22:12, 13. I mentioned Revelation 1:8; 21:6; 22:13.
But you know what really does you in with all of I just posted? The last part of Revelation 1:9 where it says, "because of the word of God and the TESTIMONY of Jesus." Now look at (which you overlooked, that is the context) at Revelation 22:20-21, "He who testifies to these things says, "YES, I AM COMING QUICKLY." Amen, Come Lord Jesus." God the Father is not coming and neither is Michael the arc angel. It is Jesus Christ who is coming, why, because it says so.

In Him,
herman
Let's examine the context:

Note that the heavenly messenger begins speaking from Revelation 22:10 until there is a change of speaker at Revelation 22:16(. Compare Revelation 22:6-8, where the messenger begins speaking at verse 6, and then the change to John--signified by "I, John" at Revelation 22:8).

Now, one could argue that the messenger is speaking Jesus' words at Revelation 22:12 (based on "I am coming quickly"), YHWH's words (based on Isaiah 40:10; 62:11), or both--with "I am coming quickly" being Christ's words, and "My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End" being the words of YHWH, or

"I am coming quickly. My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done" being the words of Jesus, while "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End" being the words of YHWH.

(Then--just as at Revelation 22:8--the change of speaker is signified at Revelation 22:16 with the use of "I, Jesus...".)

Last edited:
God is called the the First & the Last in Is. 48:12. Jesus is called the Alpha and Omega. "I am the Alpha and Omega," says the Lord God, the Almighty (Rev. 1:8). Yet in Revelation 1:17 John records Jesus as saying, " I am the First and Last." In Revelation 2:8 John says the same of Jesus. As well, in Revelation 22:13 Jesus says "I am Alpha & Omega, the Beginning & the End, the First & the Last." Here again Jesus is claiming to be the same as the Lord God.

It is clear in Revelation 1:8 the One Who says, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." And the One Who says in verse 11, "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" Verse 13 says it was One like unto the Son of Man. In verse 17 He says again, "... I am the first and the last...I am he that liveth, and was dead..." Clearly this was Jesus. Also, as was mentioned earlier, the One "which is to come, the Almighty" has to be Christ, speaking of His second coming.

In Revelation 22:13 Jesus again says "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." As well, He makes clear the One "which is to come" is Himself as He says plainly in vs. 12.

So...just as the Father is the First & the Last, so too is Jesus the Almighty God - His own declaration of Himself in Revelation 1:8!

God is called the the First & the Last in Is. 48:12. Jesus is called the Alpha and Omega. "I am the Alpha and Omega," says the Lord God, the Almighty (Rev. 1:8). Yet in Revelation 1:17 John records Jesus as saying, " I am the First and Last." In Revelation 2:8 John says the same of Jesus. As well, in Revelation 22:13 Jesus says "I am Alpha & Omega, the Beginning & the End, the First & the Last." Here again Jesus is claiming to be the same as the Lord God.

It is clear in Revelation 1:8 the One Who says, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." And the One Who says in verse 11, "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" Verse 13 says it was One like unto the Son of Man. In verse 17 He says again, "... I am the first and the last...I am he that liveth, and was dead..." Clearly this was Jesus. Also, as was mentioned earlier, the One "which is to come, the Almighty" has to be Christ, speaking of His second coming.

In Revelation 22:13 Jesus again says "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." As well, He makes clear the One "which is to come" is Himself as He says plainly in vs. 12.

So...just as the Father is the First & the Last, so too is Jesus the Almighty God - His own declaration of Himself in Revelation 1:8!
This has been addressed.