Jesus, religion or reality......

Further case in point.
Demonstrating that you have embarked on a path towards self-destruction.

And as Jesus described....

Great will be the fall ....

Mat 7:26-27 WEB 26 Everyone who hears these words of mine and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell—and its fall was great.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah. Now I get it. Sorry for commenting before understanding.
You're good.

And you are right about the grammar. Had I not been a high school dropout who really didn't like English, I'm sure I would have done the graphics for the shirt differently.
It was however in 1978, and I made the words- Jesus and the Reality in the same color of red. The Religion was using gold-glitter lettering, which highlighted the importance of the distinction between Jesus and religion.

You're good.

And you are right about the grammar. Had I not been a high school dropout who really didn't like English, I'm sure I would have done the graphics for the shirt differently.
It was however in 1978, and I made the words- Jesus and the Reality in the same color of red. The Religion was using gold-glitter lettering, which highlighted the importance of the distinction between Jesus and religion.
Thanks for that, Steve. I was there in '78 as well. Not too far behind you on the 43 1/2, so keep the faith, brother, not too far to go now.

So far no one has explained that apparent contradiction.

Right. And YOU THINK you know what you are talking about.

So what is your point Steve? Are you saying I must be wrong because I qualified my statement with "I do not think..."?

It is telling that this so-call "truth" is not present in your post. Nothing here about what Christianity is or whether its claim are true. And there never is!

There is not much to like about a religion that worships a god it claim sends billions to suffer for eternity.

What does that actually mean? Because Jesus is a historical figure? Because of what, according to the gospels, Jesus said? Because you think you have a personal relationship with Jesus and he personally convinced you?

The guy who send people to hell for eternity to punish them for not loving him? You want me to take a good hard look at him?
Folks send themselves to hell when they reject the truth . Jesus is truth John 14:6. We love God because He first loved us. People reject Truth so in actuality God honors their choice.

??‍♂️?

I don't think it's great ar all! You're killing yourself and you don't believe it! You're destroying yourself and you mock and disdain the truth.

You can indeed continue to argue that. Your continued disbelief is the cause of your sin.

I already have. You mocked it, and dismissed it!

Post in thread 'Jesus, religion or reality.....

Rom 2:14-15 WEB 14 (for when Gentiles who don’t have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them)

You are not doing by nature the things of the law. You have maligned YHVH, made yourself out to be a God, which is violating the first 3 commandments of the law.

Edit per mod. Do not accuse anyone of lying.

So, that's 4 commandments you're making a daily habit of violating.

You further reject sound biblical wisdom,

Pro 18:1 WEB A man who isolates himself pursues selfishness, and defies all sound judgment.

As a result, your sin is building its case against you, further condemning you.

Joh 3:18-21 WEB 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn’t come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God.”

Last edited by a moderator:
?
Only one problem....
I wasn't looking for a God.
I already had a god and found it completely unreliable.
Granted, at the time I didn't really consider it a god. I was into epicurean living.
Not as extreme as hedonism, but headed that direction. Back in my day we called it-- sex drugs and rock-and-roll.
So.... yes I asked the question of him. Yes he answered. But I wasn't looking for a belief.
If you weren't looking for God you wouldn't have bothered to ask the question.

Your problem is that you think you know things you clearly don't know about.
And had the experiences I've had never occurred, I might be able to take your opinion with greater weight.
But having a bullet wound healed over a weekend between doctor appointments with the surgeon who operated on my throat, and his spontaneously declaring it a miracle with no input from me, and well as repeatedly surviving my stage four metastatic melanoma cancer... and medical doctors who had decades of experience with melanoma cancer, declaring me a miracle....
You're already 2-4 decades late, and several hundred thousand dollars short.

I'd say you're not actually able to explain what you don't know.
You keep praising God for saving you from cancer but don't seem to question why he let you get it in the first place.

Actually, when I was younger, I did. They failed to give me the tools, and wherewithal to figure out how to solve my problems. Pretty miserably actually.
So, since humans failed, I decided to move on from there, and figure it out for myself.
You obviously weren't around 45 years ago.
Once I realized that YHVH was real and knowable, I had to learn what it meant and how to effect my end of it.
You do realise that you are one of those failed humans right?
Once you told yourself that YHVH was real and knowable.
What do you mean "how to effect my end of it."?

Have you?
Because from the tone of your posts on this forum, it's pretty clear you never found that to be true.
Why would you actually think I'd buy your tripe, when you don't even buy it!
You have bought tripe. You just can't see it.

Folks send themselves to hell when they reject the truth . Jesus is truth John 14:6. We love God because He first loved us. People reject Truth so in actuality God honors their choice.
But it's not a choice. If it were a choice, atheists would think Jesus was an option, but then they wouldn't be atheists. Your statement makes no sense.

You haven't understood what I've said at all have you.
Yes, I have understood your excuses to reject God there pretty common. From the first lie told in the garden of Eden until now Satan’s lies have not changed they all start with “has God said” then he calls God a liar. Folks have been falling for that lie for a long time.

Yes, I have understood your excuses to reject God there pretty common. From the first lie told in the garden of Eden until now Satan’s lies have not changed they all start with “has God said” then he calls God a liar. Folks have been falling for that lie for a long time.
Prove it. Steel man my position by stating in your own words my meaning in post #48.

?
I'm not the one who keeps trying to figure out how to change the past, without any clue of the context.
Change the past? I have no idea what this means.
My shirt vanished some 40+ years ago. I don't recall when, where I was living or if I simply wore it out and had to throw it away.

So, if this is really something you are desperate to fix, you'll have to travel to 1978, find the store and wait until I get there.
As I was a high school dropout, and sucked at English grammar, I'm not particularly concerned about it anymore, because I attended college 18-24 years ago and learned to do it better.

So, perhaps the problem here is your false beliefs.
My false belief...in the grammar error on your shirt? My false belief in the definition of the word or?

If I say 'this or that' you cannot have both. If I say 'cake or pie' you have to pick one but not both. If I say 'Jesus, Religion, or Reality' you have to pick one - you cannot have all three.

If I say "Jesus, Religion, and Reality' then you believe in all three.

You claim to have knowledge that scientists cannot even dream of - what happened before the Big Bang, where we go when we die, and what exists beyond our reality.

Debating the meaning of or on a t-shirt does not give the impression that you have superior knowledge of the cosmos. It does make it seem like you are the kind of person who cannot admit even the tiniest mistake.

You are like Bill Clinton debating the meaning of the word is.

Change the past? I have no idea what this means.

My false belief...in the grammar error on your shirt? My false belief in the definition of the word or?

If I say 'this or that' you cannot have both. If I say 'cake or pie' you have to pick one but not both. If I say 'Jesus, Religion, or Reality' you have to pick one - you cannot have all three.

If I say "Jesus, Religion, and Reality' then you believe in all three.

You claim to have knowledge that scientists cannot even dream of - what happened before the Big Bang, where we go when we die, and what exists beyond our reality.

Debating the meaning of or on a t-shirt does not give the impression that you have superior knowledge of the cosmos. It does make it seem like you are the kind of person who cannot admit even the tiniest mistake.

You are like Bill Clinton debating the meaning of the word is.
I think you are the one ignoring history for fantasy. If you recognized the source of truth, God’s word, you wouldn’t be so ready to believe , live in,trust, and follow lies. Your loss not mine.

I think you are the one ignoring history for fantasy. If you recognized the source of truth, God’s word, you wouldn’t be so ready to believe , live in,trust, and follow lies. Your loss not mine.
I do not believe something is true until we prove it. How did you determine that The Bible is truth but the Quran and Vedas and hundreds of others texts are not?

Did you just pick your favorite and decide to believe it? Or did you have any kind of evidence for Christ that does not exist for Osiris and Zeus?

I do not believe something is true until we prove it. How did you determine that The Bible is truth but the Quran and Vedas and hundreds of others texts are not?

Did you just pick your favorite and decide to believe it? Or did you have any kind of evidence for Christ that does not exist for Osiris and Zeus?
Only the Bible has hundreds of fulfilled prophecies. Neither the Quran nor the Vedas, nor the hundreds of other texts can that claim be made for. The Bible stands alone in the foretelling and coming to fruition of foretold prophecies no other. Osiris nor Zeus has any tangible evidence for anyone to believe they are anything but false gods.

Only the Bible has hundreds of fulfilled prophecies.
Circulus in Probando logic fallacy. It is not rational to use The Bible to prove The Bible.
Neither the Quran nor the Vedas, nor the hundreds of other texts can that claim be made for.
I do not understand this sentence.
The Bible stands alone in the foretelling and coming to fruition of foretold prophecies no other. Osiris nor Zeus has any tangible evidence for anyone to believe they are anything but false gods.
What tangible evidence do you have for Jesus that we do not have for Osiris? I think the only evidence you have is the Codex Sinaiticus Bible written 300 years after Jesus was to have lived. We also have the Pyramid Texts written about Osiris 4,000 years ago.

I do not see a rational reason to believe one over the other.

I think you just believe The Bible because you want to - there was not logic or reason. Which is why you will not be able to answer my questions. But you sure can try.

Circulus in Probando logic fallacy. It is not rational to use The Bible to prove The Bible.

I do not understand this sentence.

What tangible evidence do you have for Jesus that we do not have for Osiris? I think the only evidence you have is the Codex Sinaiticus Bible written 300 years after Jesus was to have lived. We also have the Pyramid Texts written about Osiris 4,000 years ago.

I do not see a rational reason to believe one over the other.

I think you just believe The Bible because you want to - there was not logic or reason. Which is why you will not be able to answer my questions. But you sure can try.
I believe the Bible for many reasons. Fulfilled prophecies can be checked and verified using history or do you also not believe history ?

Back