Jesus & the Father: ONE will

Our Lord's God

For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me. John 6:38

ONE will - the Father's.

I do not seek My own will but the will of Him who sent me. John 5:30
ONE will - the Father's.

Do you think that the ONE will of the Father just might be what Jesus is talking about here in the following passage?

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in the name of my Father, these testify of me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me 28 and I give them eternal life, and they will never perish and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Maybe this will help you figure it out.........

Holy Father, keep them in Your name which You have given me, so that they may be one JUST AS We are one.... I am not asking on behalf of these alone, but also for those who believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one JUST AS You, Father, are in me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent me. 22 The glory which You have given me I also have given to them, so that they may be one, JUST AS We are one; 23 I in them and You in me, that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that You sent me...
John 17:11, 20-23

johnny guitar

Indeed the wills of Father and Son are IDENTICAL, however in John 5;30 The Son is claiming to be ONE in nature, essence, Being with The Father, NOT one in will. And John 17 has NOTHING to do with John 5. Totally different context and meaning.