Jesus the final sacrifice?

That's just what you think, but it does not accord with reality.
Reality shows Jesus has knees and a tongue like all humans.

By rejecting Jesus you do not have the Father (1 John 2:23)
By believing in another god you have nothing.

Because the Father is God - and people properly prayed to Jesus which proves He is God.
Nobody prayed to Jesus. Bowing by itself isn't a form of worship nor prayer.

Reality shows Jesus has knees and a tongue like all humans.

Which proves?

By believing in another god you have nothing.

He is the same God as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Nobody prayed to Jesus.

False.
See Acts 7:59 and 2 Corinthians 12:8.

Bowing by itself isn't a form of worship nor prayer.
I never asserted it was.

Which proves?

He is the same God as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

False.
See Acts 7:59 and 2 Corinthians 12:8.

I never asserted it was.
You're wasting time with me. While Jesus still is human with knees and a tongue, he requires salvation from another.

You have no out.

Worshipping a human doesn't make it right.

You're wasting time with me.

No, I am not.
You are wasting time in your denial. For one day you will confess the Lord Jesus.

While Jesus still is human with knees and a tongue, he requires salvation from another.

Says you, which doesn't mean anything.

You have no out.

I don't need a way out because I am in the family of God by the perfect sacrifice of love given by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Worshipping a human doesn't make it right.

That's why those that worshiped Jesus knew He is God (Romans 10:13).

No, I am not.
You are wasting time in your denial. For one day you will confess the Lord Jesus.

Says you, which doesn't mean anything.

I don't need a way out because I am in the family of God by the perfect sacrifice of love given by the Lord Jesus Christ.

That's why those that worshiped Jesus knew He is God (Romans 10:13).
We know he's not because he prayed to another, worshiped another, bowed to another. And, cried for salvation to another.

It's over.

Thanks

I don't find it confusing. He is confusing is and ought. Just because something was done doesn't necessitate it ought to be done (sin).

Peter sinned (Galatians 2:13), but he ought not have sinned.
Perhaps I came in later on in the conversation. My question has to do with the subtopic of whether the Jewish believers in Jerusalem continued to offer sacrifice. It is clear in Acts 21 that they did. Not only is it proclaimed "You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for Torah," which would include the sacrificial laws, but it later gives example. There are in that chapter some Nazarites who are ending their vows and need to offer sacrifice in order to do so. James sends Paul to accompany them in this sacrifice, and Paul consents to do so. So even Paul offers sacrifice.

Because Jesus is the perfect sacrifice for sin.

Hebrews 10:12
But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God
I don't see how that verse makes it a sin to obey the commandments.

Plus, I don't know if you've thought this through, but if the New Testament contradicts the Tanakh (Old Testament) then it shows that the New Testament is not the valid word of God.

The Old Covenant commands have been abolished (Hebrews 8:13).
1. So it is now okay to murder, steal, commit adultery, etc.?

2. Jesus specifically said that the Law would NOT pass away until heaven and earth have passed away. Last time I looked out my front door, heaven and earth are still here.

3. If there is contradiction between the Tanakh (OT) and the NT, it proves that the NT is invalid, not the word of God.

Back