Jesus was "made Lord" (Acts 2:36)

Newbirth

Specifically, it demonstrates Jesus is YHWH.

Acts 2:21... And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

There are three basic views promoted on this forum...

A) Jesus is not the incarnation of YHWH
B) Jesus is the incarnation of one of three called YHWH
C) Jesus is the incarnation of YHWH

I believe that verse proves C since there is only one YHWH.

But in your view...

What in that verse proves B rather than C?
if Jesus is an incarnation of YHWH where does the scripture say that? Incarnation means that God himself is born as a man. The scripture does not teach God himself was born as a man.

Newbirth

It's sad and pathetic that you would refer to John 20:28 as such.
What is sad and pathetic is that you didn't understand I was referring to your nonsense not Jn 20:28... If you had read the rest of the passage we wouldn't be having this conversation...31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
It's not surprising though.
What is not surprising is that you don't believe John...31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Jesus cannot be God and also the son of God at the same time...that would make him his own father...Is Jesus his own father?

Newbirth

I have 3-4 grammars in my personal library. All of them written by Christian scholars with either a PhD or ThD who have had their published works reviewed by other scholars in the field.
And your point is...? PHDs does not give anyone authority to reconstruct the scripture
If there were any substantial errors other scholars, who OBTW know what they are doing, would have made them public.
based on what? There are more men going to hell than men going to heaven therefore more will be wrong and less will be right.
The only place I have seen such objections is on forums like this posted by anonymous people.
That would make you anonymous also wouldn't it?
Perhaps if you earned an advanced degree and had a few peer reviewed publications your objections might be worth considering.
So how many of the apostles had advance degrees and peer reviewed pubs?
1 Corinthians 1:26
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

Fred

What is sad and pathetic is that you didn't understand I was referring to your nonsense not Jn 20:28... If you had read the rest of the passage we wouldn't be having this conversation...31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God;

Thus proving the Son of God (John 20:31) is God (John 20:28).

Thanks for making it easy for me.

jamesh

And your point is...? PHDs does not give anyone authority to reconstruct the scripture

based on what? There are more men going to hell than men going to heaven therefore more will be wrong and less will be right.

That would make you anonymous also wouldn't it?

So how many of the apostles had advance degrees and peer reviewed pubs?
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
Wait a minute newbirth? I thought you were a JW and they don't believe in "HELLLLLLLLLL," so why bring it up?

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Fred

I thought you were a JW

According to this he isn't.

Newbirth

According to this he isn't.
Fraud we have been through this before...God did not call anyone to be Christians, JWs Oneness, Trinitarians, Catholics, or any such thing, someone else called you guys to be those things...there is no division in the church of God.

Newbirth

Thus proving the Son of God (John 20:31) is God (John 20:28).
Nope the son of God cannot be God if God is his father...
Thanks for making it easy for me.
Have no idea what you are talking about because you are still confused...Jesus is the son of God... that makes God the father of Jesus . You seem to believe Jesus is his own father.

Theo1689

Nope the son of God cannot be God if God is his father...

You truly have no clue what you're talking about.

That's like saying:

"A son of man cannot be man if a man is his father".

Have no idea what you are talking about

BINGO!
You truly have NO CLUE.

because you are still confused...

Nope... YOU are the one who is "still confused".

Jesus is the son of God...

... which makes Him God.

that makes God the father of Jesus .

That makes the FATHER the father of Jesus.
Jesus is not the Father.
But Jesus is God.

You are trying to force Scripture into your false paradigm, where you START OUT by denying the Trinity. Therefore you will NEVER understand the Trinity.

You seem to believe Jesus is his own father.

You are clueless.
You clearly don't understand the difference between the Trinity and modalism.
The Trinity EXPLICITLY states that Jesus is NOT the Father.
As does the Bible.

jamesh

Just because you had a thought does not mean your thought is the truth..

There is no God the son in the scripture...there goes another of your wasted thoughts...
I ask a simple question? Are you or are you not a Jehovah's Witness?

Thank You!
james

OldShepherd

* * * So how many of the apostles had advance degrees and peer reviewed pubs?
Do you have even the slightest idea how totally ridiculous this question is? Evidently not. All the writers of the Bible were writing in their native language about what they saw, heard, experienced etc. There was no need for degrees etc. But when 2000 years later other people whose native language is not Hebrew or Greek are reading/translating those writings they must have some education/training, in those languages and proof of same. But judging from your question you evidently believe anything any anonymous person says online as long as it supports your denominational assumptions/presuppositions. I would not consult a dentist, physician, lawyer etc. who did not have some degrees on his wall but, as evidenced by this post, you quite evidently would.

Fred

Fraud we have been through this before...God did not call anyone to be Christians, JWs Oneness, Trinitarians, Catholics, or any such thing, someone else called you guys to be those things...there is no division in the church of God.
Newdearth,
Your confusionwas already addressed here:

Theo1689

Nope the son of God cannot be God

You are ignorant of Scripture.

Isaiah called him God (Isa. 7:14, 9:6).
Matthew called him God (Matt. 1:23).
Luke called him God (Acts 20:28).
John called him God (John 1:1).
Thomas called him God (John 20:28).
Peter called him God (2 Pet. 1:1).
Paul called him God (Phil. 2:5-6, Col. 2:9, Tit. 2:13).
The author of Hebrews called him God (Heb. 1:8).

Sorry, but explicit Scripture trumps your bogus rationalization.

Newbirth

You are ignorant of Scripture.

Isaiah called him God (Isa. 7:14, 9:6).
Matthew called him God (Matt. 1:23).
Luke called him God (Acts 20:28).
John called him God (John 1:1).
Thomas called him God (John 20:28).
Peter called him God (2 Pet. 1:1).
Paul called him God (Phil. 2:5-6, Col. 2:9, Tit. 2:13).
The author of Hebrews called him God (Heb. 1:8).

Sorry, but explicit Scripture trumps your bogus rationalization.
Actually, those are your misunderstandings...
So how many Gods do you have sir? If Jesus is God and his Father is God but they are not each other how many Gods would that be?