Job's Wish

Yodas_Prodigy

Job 9:33

New King James Version
33 Nor is there any mediator between us,
Who may lay his hand on us both.

During Job's trials, he lamented how he wished he had a mediator to go between him and God.
I pose that Jesus is that mediator.

Not only is he fully man, he is also fully God. OT and NT support below...

Isaiah 9:6
New King James Version
6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1
New King James Version
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
New King James Version
The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

In our world today, Jesus sits next to the Father acting as our mediator, our High Priest. He is our representative...

Job 9:33

New King James Version
33 Nor is there any mediator between us,
Who may lay his hand on us both.

During Job's trials, he lamented how he wished he had a mediator to go between him and God.
I pose that Jesus is that mediator.
Interesting thought. Abraham had no problem questioning God's justice for others with regards to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Not only is he fully man, he is also fully God. OT and NT support below...
Jesus is just man. No reason to think otherwise.

Isaiah 9:6
New King James Version
6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
First off, Jesus was never called these names. Even in Christian theology and the title of son of God disqualifies him as the Eternal Father. Sorry, but you strike out here.

John 1:1
New King James Version
The Eternal Word
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Well, the Fsther created all so there's zero need for another.

John 1:14
New King James Version
The Word Becomes Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
All of creation become reality, flesh, when the Father spoke the words.

In our world today, Jesus sits next to the Father acting as our mediator, our High Priest. He is our representative...
This isn't true.

All tongues will confess and knees bow to the true God. Jesus has both.

"Job was born at this time. The number of the years of the
life of Job was a sign of the years in Egypt.
-
Job was born at the time of the migration to Egypt
and died the year of the Exodus." - Seder Olam

"The Egyptian plagues all happened within a 12 month period"
- Seder Olam

"You find straw in the month of Iyar and since they left Egypt
in the month of Nisan, that makes a full year.
Therefore, the Egyptians endured plagues for 12 months.
Job also experienced his plagues for 12 months."
- Seder Olam

"Just as you count the days and nights so you can count the months.
The future judgement of Gog and Magog will last for 12 months."
- Seder Olam

Interesting thought. Abraham had no problem questioning God's justice for others with regards to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Ok...

Jesus is just man. No reason to think otherwise.

The Word was God...

First off, Jesus was never called these names. Even in Christian theology and the title of son of God disqualifies him as the Eternal Father. Sorry, but you strike out here.

Jesus was called these names by Isaiah...

Well, the Fsther created all so there's zero need for another.

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

This isn't true.

‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool” ’?

All tongues will confess and knees bow to the true God. Jesus has both.

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Ok...

The Word was God...
Spoken by the Father. No where does Tanakh support the term word as a person.

Jesus was called these names by Isaiah...
False. The context has nothing to do with him and he was never called such names in the NT.

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
Rotfl... unsupported in Tanakh.

‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool” ’?
And? Two different usages of LORD and lord.

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
You left out that Jesus has knees and a tongue.

If you're going to post in the Judaism forum, you should a better grasp of Tanakh and how Jews think.

If you're going to post in the Judaism forum, you should a better grasp of Tanakh and how Jews think.

Oh! This is where I am learning... You see, I am speaking with Jews in person now... You are my practice... Where I mess up here, I won't with them... Thanks... Now don't start ignoring me... ROFL

‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”
The first LORD which is in all caps, is actually the yad hey and vav hey in Hebrew, the sacred name of God. The second lord refers to King David, and the special relationship he had with God.

The first LORD which is in all caps, is actually the yad hey and vav hey in Hebrew, the sacred name of God. The second lord refers to King David, and the special relationship he had with God.

You're half right... YHWH.... The David part is all messed up...

Oh please. What is YOUR evidence that its not? It makes perfect sense to say that the King (David) is the lord of the psalmist. You don't have to make up anything far out.
Your statement was made in reply to YP's quote, "The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”

Since when was David ever promised that he'd sit at God's right hand? Well?

It was his descendant who was promised:
THE LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.” Psalm 132:11

Your statement was made in reply to YP's quote, "The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”

It's easy to see RR in Psalm 89:13 that God's right arm is associated with strength and might.

Psalm 89:21,25, show that God's right arm strengthens David, and David uses his right arm in a show of strength.

THE LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.” Psalm 132:11
And this point knocks Jesus out of contention since he was not the fruit of a male descendant of David. Isaiah 11:1 brings home this point since the shoot, stump, root, branch, and fruit must all be male. Mary has no part in any of this.

THIS PSALM is what states that David sits at God's right hand. It is a figurative remark (God has no right hand to sit on) that speaks of the importance and dearness of David to God, and means that David acts on behalf of God (the right hand signifying strength.)

Of the fruit of thy body I will set upon THY throne (not my throne). This only means that davids descendents will also be royal.

Still waiting for YOUR evidence that Psalm 110 applies to the messiah.

Back