Joe Biden says Pope Francis told him to ‘keep receiving Communion’

1Thess521

Biden asserted that the pontiff “was happy I’m a good Catholic,” and that the president should “keep receiving Communion.”
or as CNN calls them
"The world's most powerful Catholics "

Biden asserted that the pontiff “was happy I’m a good Catholic,” and that the president should “keep receiving Communion.”
or as CNN calls them
"The world's most powerful Catholics "

Does anyone really find this shocking? How does a Catholic who understands that murdering babies up to and including while they're being born rationalize belonging to an organizations that upholds and defends this practice?

Does anyone really find this shocking? How does a Catholic who understands that murdering babies up to and including while they're being born rationalize belonging to an organizations that upholds and defends this practice?
No, not really. I've expected this since Franky slapped down the Baltimore (?) bishops when they wanted to prevent Biden and Pelosi from receiving the host...

--Rich

You think the church upholds and defends abortion? Seriously? If you’re a Christian you’re obligated to seek truth.

To accept it among its member who remain in good standing is equivalent to upholding, and defending it.
In order to uphold and defend abortion …. one must uphold and defend it. If you can’t understand from the pope’s words that the Church believes abortion is wrong then how do you expect us to believe you can interpret what scripture really means? (Never mind that other non-Catholic Christians will also disagree with you while claiming the same authority.)

In order to uphold and defend abortion …. one must uphold and defend it. If you can’t understand from the pope’s words that the Church believes abortion is wrong
Is that a dogma, or a doctrine, or a teaching? We've watched the change in the definition of Purgatory from a period in Hell (which is what I was taught as the "truth") to a rough scrubbing (so to speak) to a "warm shower".
then how do you expect us to believe you can interpret what scripture really means?
I don't expect you to. You have placed your faith - as well as your soul - in the hands of the RCC. And therefore, no matter what Biblical explanations are given, you reject them not because you have considered the matter in light of the living Word of God, but because your Masters tell you to.
(Never mind that other non-Catholic Christians will also disagree with you while claiming the same authority.)
How many oak trees are identical? Catholics constantly confuse unity with uniformity.

In order to uphold and defend abortion …. one must uphold and defend it.
One can just as easily uphold and defend those who uphold and defend it. Biden is a prime example of a notoriously pro abortion Catholic who has yet to be refused any sacraments, nor has anyone in the church excommunicated him. He's a Catholic in good standing with the Catholic church. That's a pretty accurate indicator of just how accepting the Catholic church is of those promoting murder. When the church stands behind murderers, the church is an accomplice to murder. They're no less guilty than Paul was for holding the cloaks of those who stoned Steven.
If you can’t understand from the pope’s words that the Church believes abortion is wrong
When the church says one thing and does the exact opposite, they are no longer a credible witness of the truth. They are fallen away.

Is that a dogma, or a doctrine, or a teaching? We've watched the change in the definition of Purgatory from a period in Hell (which is what I was taught as the "truth") to a rough scrubbing (so to speak) to a "warm shower".

I don't expect you to. You have placed your faith - as well as your soul - in the hands of the RCC. And therefore, no matter what Biblical explanations are given, you reject them not because you have considered the matter in light of the living Word of God, but because your Masters tell you to.

How many oak trees are identical? Catholics constantly confuse unity with
One can just as easily uphold and defend those who uphold and defend it. Biden is a prime example of a notoriously pro abortion Catholic who has yet to be refused any sacraments, nor has anyone in the church excommunicated him. He's a Catholic in good standing with the Catholic church. That's a pretty accurate indicator of just how accepting the Catholic church is of those promoting murder. When the church stands behind murderers, the church is an accomplice to murder. They're no less guilty than Paul was for holding the cloaks of those who stoned Steven.

When the church says one thing and does the exact opposite, they are no longer a credible witness of the truth. They are fallen away.
And yet, whatever the details, purgatory is still taught as real by the Catholic Church.

As for the oak tree analogy, the oak trees are all out there judging each other as not oak trees. All on their own authority as led by the Holy Spirit. Will the real oak please stand up!

And yet, whatever the details, purgatory is still taught as real by the Catholic Church.

As for the oak tree analogy, the oak trees are all out there judging each other as not oak trees. All on their own authority as led by the Holy Spirit. Will the real oak please stand up!

Purgatory is a man-made-up-nonsense. It's born out of a belief in an angry God. Not a single scripture supports it. Don't come telling me about hay and stubble either. Twisting the scripture and adding to scripture are serious sins.

Evidence of a foolish nonsense. Jesus never said one word about purgatory. Neither did the Apostle Paul. Your church just can't stop themselves. It's shameful to attribute unbiblical ideas to God.

Really? It seems the RCC is promoting abortion by financial means.

Nice try. CRS is not promoting the use of condoms or abortion. Instead of going to anti-church videos you should do a little investigation. I belong to a group that does charity in harmony with church teaching. We occasionally partner with other organizations, church and otherwise, to provide for families. This in no way shows that we endorse the partner’s help that goes against church teaching.

Nice try. CRS is not promoting the use of condoms or abortion. Instead of going to anti-church videos you should do a little investigation. I belong to a group that does charity in harmony with church teaching. We occasionally partner with other organizations, church and otherwise, to provide for families. This in no way shows that we endorse the partner’s help that goes against church teaching.
Wrong, right out of the gate. You just don't like it. If you support organizations that are indeed receiving money for abortion services, you are wrong. We cannot stand before the Risen God and say we support the great commission, and funneling money to murderers.

Wrong, right out of the gate. You just don't like it. If you support organizations that are indeed receiving money for abortion services, you are wrong. We cannot stand before the Risen God and say we support the great commission, and funneling money to murderers.
How are they supporting them? How is CRS funneling money to these organizations?

Do you vet your local gas station and grocery store to make sure none of the employees or owners are supporting abortion?

I would if they had proclaimed for years that they were anti-abortion, AND that I must join them to not go to Hell!
So you’re okay with supporting them so they can support abortion as long as they’re not hypocritical about it? You’re okay with supporting secular businesses whose employees support abortion?

How are they supporting them? How is CRS funneling money to these organizations?

Do you vet your local gas station and grocery store to make sure none of the employees or owners are supporting abortion?
If I have reason to suspect they are funneling money to abattoir's I will. My goal is not to go after individuals, but charity organizations that do.

Back