Joe Biden says Pope Francis told him to ‘keep receiving Communion’

So you’re okay with supporting them so they can support abortion as long as they’re not hypocritical about it? You’re okay with supporting secular businesses whose employees support abortion?
That's not what he said. Please don't misrepresent what others say.

So you’re okay with supporting them so they can support abortion as long as they’re not hypocritical about it? You’re okay with supporting secular businesses whose employees support abortion?
Since you bring it up, let's see your proof that YOU have examined all the businesses that YOU deal with, including the corporations that own them, and their subsidiaries, as well as the reports on the abortion stance of each and every employee.
Oh, and check the Roman Catholic Corporation as well. I'll be kind and let you zip the files.

Since you bring it up, let's see your proof that YOU have examined all the businesses that YOU deal with, including the corporations that own them, and their subsidiaries, as well as the reports on the abortion stance of each and every employee.
Oh, and check the Roman Catholic Corporation as well. I'll be kind and let you zip the files.
I’m not the one accusing the church of promoting and supporting abortion just because they provide alternate services alongside secular charities. I was pointing out a double standard.

Biden asserted that the pontiff “was happy I’m a good Catholic,” and that the president should “keep receiving Communion.”
or as CNN calls them
"The world's most powerful Catholics "

He might not be pro baby murder himself but I suppose the pope doesn't consider baby murder a big enough deal when it comes to receiving communion.

He might not be pro baby murder himself but I suppose the pope doesn't consider baby murder a big enough deal when it comes to receiving communion.
There's no one who would deny forgiveness for sins committed from a repentant sinner, but forgiving and enabling one who has endorsed lawfully extracting a baby from their mother as they're being born for the sole purpose of exterminating their life is beyond bizarre. It is not just unethical, immoral and wrong. It is pure evil.

And yet, whatever the details, purgatory is still taught as real by the Catholic Church.

As for the oak tree analogy, the oak trees are all out there judging each other as not oak trees. All on their own authority as led by the Holy Spirit. Will the real oak please stand up!
What do you mean "whatever the details"?

What do you mean "whatever the details"?
What I mean by that is that just because people ponder what Purgatory may be like, it doesn’t change the fact that the Catholic Church teaches that Purgatory exists. So while someone may teach that Purgatory is a certain experience (burning fire) and another person teaches that it’s a different experience (warm shower), that doesn’t entail that the Church is changing it’s teaching. There are a few non-Catholic posters on CARM who act as if what they learned in their Catholic upbringing was absolutely and unequivocally Catholic Dogma and anything that deviates from it now shows that the Church has “changed its teachings”.

What I mean by that is that just because people ponder what Purgatory may be like, it doesn’t change the fact that the Catholic Church teaches that Purgatory exists. So while someone may teach that Purgatory is a certain experience (burning fire) and another person teaches that it’s a different experience (warm shower), that doesn’t entail that the Church is changing it’s teaching. There are a few non-Catholic posters on CARM who act as if what they learned in their Catholic upbringing was absolutely and unequivocally Catholic Dogma and anything that deviates from it now shows that the Church has “changed its teachings”.
The odd thing is that the teachers - representatives of the RCC - never even once implied that what they were teaching was hypothetical. It was always presented as The Truth, and by implication, it was what the RCC taught. After all, if Roman Catholic teachers are not delivering Roman Catholic teachings, they should not be allowed to teach young, impressionable Roman Catholic minds, right?

Since you mentioned "Catholic Dogma", can you show us poor benighted folks a place where we can see what said dogmas proclaim? Just so we don't make such a silly mistake again.

Biden asserted that the pontiff “was happy I’m a good Catholic,” and that the president should “keep receiving Communion.”
or as CNN calls them

Does anyone really find this shocking? How does a Catholic who understands that murdering babies up to and including while they're being born rationalize belonging to an organizations that upholds and defends this practice?
Simple: if you know history, this isn't the first time, nor is it likely to be the last time we had a pope who refused to stand up for the Truth.

I am disgusted with Pope Francis, but the Church is bigger than any one pope.

Leaving the Church over disgust with Pope Francis would be like leaving America over disgust with with the president.

Simple: if you know history, this isn't the first time, nor is it likely to be the last time we had a pope who refused to stand up for the Truth.
This doesn't address what I posted which was in regards to the " organization".
Evidently not as the church isn't doing anything to curtail this nonsense either. I could be wrong, but I'm unaware of any members of the Catholic community who see any point in interfering with Biden's ability to receive the sacraments.
Leaving the Church over disgust with Pope Francis would be like leaving America over disgust with with the president.
More accurately, leaving the community over disgust with the Church would be like leaving America because of the US government.

do you think most Catholics are "disgusted with Pope Francis"?

do you think most Catholics are "disgusted with Pope Francis"?
My experience is that some are disgusted, others love him. This is how it is with any leader.

The people who love him, however, tend to be those on the left who dissent from the Faith. They see in Pope Francis an ally. Those on the far left, at first believed he would be the pope to finally usher in the secularized Protestant Faith they have always wanted. Pope Francis while radical, proved not to be that radical.

Those who are centrist or center right, like me, believe that Pope Francis has held and taught the Faith like he is supposed to. The problem is that he creates confusion and does not do so clearly. The other problem is that while he does hold to the Catholic Faith and teach it, he does not seem to put it into practice. In other words--he teaches the Faith, but allows faux Catholics like Joe Biden to think they aren't faux Catholics. He allows people like Joe Biden to continue masquerading as Catholic and using the Faith to advance their political career. Thus, people like me are disgusted with Pope Francis.

Those on the far right--pretty much touch hands with Protestants---they believe Pope Francis is a wolf in sheep's clothing doing the bidding of Satan. Obviously I do not go that far.

So Pope Francis is certainly not my favorite pope. I think he has been one disaster after the next for the Church. But---poor leadership is one thing. Refusing to stand up for the Truth one thing. Pope Francis does at least hold and teach the Faith even if he does not stand up for it.

This doesn't address what I posted which was in regards to the " organization".
I was responding to the thread, not to your particular past about the "organization." What about the "organization" would you like me to respond to?
Evidently not as the church isn't doing anything to curtail this nonsense either. I could be wrong, but I'm unaware of any members of the Catholic community who see any point in interfering with Biden's ability to receive the sacraments.
A minority of bishops stood up and been counted. They have called out Pope Francis. Examples are Bishop Tobin in Rhode Island, Bishop Tyler in Texas and the arch-bishop of San Francisco. I believe they intend to deny Biden Communion.
More accurately, leaving the community over disgust with the Church would be like leaving America because of the US government.
Except that the US Government itself isn't the problem--but what the government has become that is the problem. The founders set up a system of government that if correctly understood and adopted---is probably the best way to govern that we can get on this side of heaven. The problem is with the people running the government.

It is the same in the Church. The problem isn't with the institutional structures of the Church, namely the bishops and pope, but with the people who are currently occupying those offices that are the problem. We do not throw out the baby with the bathwater. In other words--we do not tear down the institutional structures just because the people occupying those offices are corrupt. What needs to happen is that the manner in which people receive those offices needs to be reformed.

I was responding to the thread, not to your particular past about the "organization." What about the "organization" would you like me to respond to?
You placed my post directly above your response. Here's what it looks like (post 31)

Thess521 said:
or as CNN calls them

www.lifesitenews.com

BREAKING: Pro-abortion Joe Biden says Pope Francis told him to 'keep receiving Communion' - LifeSite

'He was happy that I was a good Catholic,' Biden also told reporters.
www.lifesitenews.com
www.lifesitenews.com
www.cnn.com

'God love ya': Warm relationship between the world's most powerful Catholics on display as Biden and Pope Francis meet

The world's most powerful Catholics -- President Joe Biden and Pope Francis -- held 90 minutes of talks Friday in a session that blended the official and personal sides of the most devout US leader in decades.
www.cnn.com
www.cnn.com
shnarkle said:
Does anyone really find this shocking? How does a Catholic who understands that murdering babies up to and including while they're being born rationalize belonging to an organizations that upholds and defends this practice?

A minority of bishops stood up and been counted. They have called out Pope Francis. Examples are Bishop Tobin in Rhode Island, Bishop Tyler in Texas and the arch-bishop of San Francisco. I believe they intend to deny Biden Communion.
Good for them, but this doesn't negate the fact that the organization they belong to is doing nothing to oust Biden.
Except that the US Government itself isn't the problem--but what the government has become that is the problem.
A distinction with no effective difference.
The founders set up a system of government that if correctly understood and adopted---is probably the best way to govern that we can get on this side of heaven. The problem is with the people running the government.
Again, the people running the government are the one's who are doing the governing.
It is the same in the Church. The problem isn't with the institutional structures of the Church, namely the bishops and pope, but with the people who are currently occupying those offices that are the problem. We do not throw out the baby with the bathwater.
The problem here is that no one is throwing out the bathwater.
In other words--we do not tear down the institutional structures
No one is suggesting that the institutional structures be torn down. We're pointing out that not only are the institutional structures in tact, but the people running them are as well.
What needs to happen is that the manner in which people receive those offices needs to be reformed.
Now you're changing your position. First you pointed out that it is those in power, rather than the institution, now you're saying it is the manner which refers to the system, not the people running it. The rules, regulations, laws, procedures refer to the manner.

huh?

sounds like you're saying the RCC upholds abortion

confused

but in any case... neither one of them is Catholic.. such a scandal... probably the biggest scandal in the Church's history..

Purgatory is a man-made-up-nonsense. It's born out of a belief in an angry God. Not a single scripture supports it.

u don't know where to find the Scierpture that supports it, that is all

Mt 18:23 speaks of suffering in the next realm that lastss for a time ("until...")

Then there is 1 cor 3:15 that speaks of a man's work for the Lord... and how his work may not be satisfactory 100% (my words) yet he shall be saved... "yet, as through fire"

then ther is the Old Testament psgss...

huh?

sounds like you're saying the RCC upholds abortion
When people who legitimize abortion which then allows these abortions to take place are welcomed with open arms into the fold, one isn't likely to mistake this as a repudiation of abortion.

u don't know where to find the Scierpture that supports it, that is all

Mt 18:23 speaks of suffering in the next realm that lastss for a time ("until...")

No it doesn't.....it's about forgiveness, nothing at all about 'the next realm'....at all.
Then there is 1 cor 3:15 that speaks of a man's work for the Lord... and how his work may not be satisfactory 100% (my words) yet he shall be saved... "yet, as through fire"

Nope....not a word about sin, or expiating sin in 1 cor 3.
then ther is the Old Testament psgss...

Are you under the law?

Back