John 1:1c - Trinitarians, why can't you see?

Our Lord's God

Opening words:
.... the word was with God and the word was God. John 1:1

Prologue Summation:
the only begotten in the bosom of the Father, he expresses Him. John 1:18

Trinitarians, why can't you see?

Opening words:

Prologue Summation:

I am NOT a Trinitarian so I DO see! :)

In John 1:1, "the Word" refers to "Yahweh in the universe as a human" and "God" refers to "eternal Yahweh".

So which Bible translation are you quoting that does not capitalize "word"?

And, are you able to provide an overview of what YOU believe?

Here is a concise statement of what I believe...
The spirit Yahweh is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

And here is a more detailed overview...
(Note: I agree with the view of Melito, Bishop of Sardis around AD 160-180. The following is how I word it.)
For this creation, Yahweh God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Son of God) with a glorious human body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God. But whereas Yahweh created a human spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Our Lord's God

I am NOT a Trinitarian so I DO see! :)

In John 1:1, "the Word" refers to "Yahweh in the universe as a human" and "God" refers to "eternal Yahweh".

NO, you don't see either.

So which Bible translation are you quoting that does not capitalize "word"?

John knew nothing about capitalizing words. Such a notion hadn't even existed yet.

And, are you able to provide an overview of what YOU believe?

The spirit Yahweh is the only one who is eternal. Yahweh is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. Yahweh in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, Yahweh in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal Yahweh is called God the Father.

(Note: I agree with the view of Melito, Bishop of Sardis around AD 160-180. The following is how I word it.)
For this creation, Yahweh God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how Yahweh would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent Yahweh (called God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (called the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul (called the Son of God) with a glorious human body. God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God. But whereas Yahweh created a human spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself became the human spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

John knew nothing about capitalizing words. Such a notion hadn't even existed yet.

I really doubt that can be the reason because you DID capitalize some words...

Opening words:

Prologue Summation:

Just to clarify...

Why did you capitalize "God", "Father", and "Him"?

Since as you say "John knew nothing about capitalizing words. Such a notion hadn't even existed yet."

And you never did tell us, which Bible translation are you quoting?

And you also have yet to provide an overview of what you believe.

Our Lord's God

I really doubt that can be the reason because you DID capitalize some words...

Just to clarify...

Why did you capitalize "God", "Father", and "Him"?

Because it is convention. Capitalizing "Word" serves only to promote a theological notion which doesn't exist in the text.

Since as you say "John knew nothing about capitalizing words. Such a notion hadn't even existed yet."

And you never did tell us, which Bible translation are you quoting?

And you also have yet to provide an overview of what you believe.

Because it is convention. Capitalizing "Word" serves only to promote a theological notion which doesn't exist in the text.

You do know what convention means. Right?

Convention is defined as "a way in which something is usually done".

So when 6+ billion Bibles capitalize "Word" in John 1:1, but YOU don't...

It means the CONVENTION is to capitalize "Word".

And when you don't capitalize "word" YOU are "promoting a theological notion".

Which Bible translation are you using that doesn't capitalize "word" in John 1:1?

Opening words:

Prologue Summation:

John's prologue is a massive proof text for the Trinity. The word always existed, was distinct from but with God the Father, and was categorically God. The word is the only God who is at the Father's side making him known. I could go on and on. Why on earth would anyone think otherwise?

God Bless

Our Lord's God

You do know what convention means. Right?

Convention is defined as "a way in which something is usually done".

So when 6+ billion Bibles capitalize "Word" in John 1:1, but YOU don't...

It means the CONVENTION is to capitalize "Word".

And when you don't capitalize "word" YOU are "promoting a theological notion".

No, I am simply reflecting what the Greek text says. It gives NO reason to capitalize the word.

Which Bible translation are you using that doesn't capitalize "word" in John 1:?