John 15 Losing eternal life

Yes. Paul is instructing Christians on milk what it looks like to feed on solid food.

They were appealing to the theological wisdom of men such as Paul and Peter rather than the teachings of God in the Spirit.
For me, baby Christians are those who have not yet learned to live sacrificial lives.
Mature Christians lay their lives down daily

Wow, that's a really BAD translation.

Eph. 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

This does NOT say you aren't "in Christ" only "when you heard the word of truth", etc.

It says (being) "in him", you "were sealed with the Holy Spirit"
When were you sealed?
"when you heard the word of truth, and believed in him".

Election happened from before the foundation of the world.
Belief and sealing happen during our lifetime.
Men are in Christ in time not eternity

Romans 16:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Men are in Christ in time not eternity

Romans 16:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.
Yes the concept of being "In Christ" before someone else, eliminates the Calvinist idea of being in Christ before you existed

Losing eternal life would be like a child being adopted, then the Father deciding He doesn't like the child so He puts them back up for adoption or kicks them to the street. It's not the God of the Bible.

Losing eternal life would be like a child being adopted, then the Father deciding He doesn't like the child so He puts them back up for adoption or kicks them to the street. It's not the God of the Bible.

What if the little child disobeys his father and runs away into the wilderness?

The Bible clearly preaches destruction to rebellious children.

God is not some feel good, soulish sitcom Dad.

The Bible clearly preaches destruction to rebellious children.

God is not some feel good, soulish sitcom Dad.

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge HIS people.” 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

What if the little child disobeys his father and runs away into the wilderness?

Luke 15:4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

Luke 15:8
“Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it?

John10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Luke 15:4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

Luke 15:8
“Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it?

John10:28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

You don't seem to realize your interpretation of one of these verses contradicts the other.

You are completely oblivious to it aren't you?

! Cor 2 is absolutely directed to Christians on milk. I have looked at it but can't see it your way, the context does not support you.
One thing I would grant you is that baby Christians can act like unbelievers
Saying something, or even wishing it to be true does not make it so.

You think a mature Christian cannot read 1Cor 2 but has to look at it as though he is still an immature Christian.
Ridiculous.
In context Paul is talking about Christ being crucified, and that if the natural man could understand Spiritual truths they would have known who Christ is and they would not have crucified Him, the Lord of Glory.

That has got Zero to do with baby Christians, not understanding spiritual truths
You are only lying to yourself.

The statement stands. We understand by faith. It does not matter who it applies to. the concept is black and white.
God gives everyone a measure of faith, by which we can understand Him enough to receive Him
So truth does not matter to you, only what you want to interpret when ignoring context, exegesis and hermeneutic.
You cannot bear truth, so you hide from it.

Your statement above makes it plain. Instead of refuting what I wrote you are only able to revert to this sort of tactic.

Did Abraham hate God?

Cornelius?

Lydia?
Of course.
Don't you read the Bible?

Rom 3:9 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
Rom 3:10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.

You think Abraham, Cornelius or Lydia were exempt from scripture like Rom 3.
Who do you think opened their hearts.
Your presumption that they KNEW God without a revelation is your problem, and you try and make it a general problem.

I have no problem saying that they knew of God as described here:
Rom 1:20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.

So even in knowing there is a God,
Rom 3:12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
Rom 3:13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
Rom 3:14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
Rom 3:15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
Rom 3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
Rom 3:17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
Rom 3:18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Your problem is with scripture. Prove that before God revealed Himself to Abraham that Abraham loved God, and that he was not as described by God above.
Abram was 75 years old before the Lord came to Him. Abram did not go to God.

The Jews in Jesus day who "loved God"
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Job the righteous after God revealed Himself:
Job 42:1 Then Job answered the LORD and said:
Job 42:2 “I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
Job 42:3 ‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
Job 42:4 ‘Hear, and I will speak; I will question you, and you make it known to me.’
Job 42:5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you;
Job 42:6 therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”

Of course.
Don't you read the Bible?

Rom 3:9 What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
Rom 3:10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
Rom 3:11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.

You think Abraham, Cornelius or Lydia were exempt from scripture like Rom 3.
Who do you think opened their hearts.
Your presumption that they KNEW God without a revelation is your problem, and you try and make it a general problem.

I have no problem saying that they knew of God as described here:
Rom 1:20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.

So even in knowing there is a God,
Rom 3:12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
Rom 3:13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
Rom 3:14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
Rom 3:15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
Rom 3:16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
Rom 3:17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
Rom 3:18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Your problem is with scripture. Prove that before God revealed Himself to Abraham that Abraham loved God, and that he was not as described by God above.
Abram was 75 years old before the Lord came to Him. Abram did not go to God.

The Jews in Jesus day who "loved God"
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Job the righteous after God revealed Himself:
Job 42:1 Then Job answered the LORD and said:
Job 42:2 “I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
Job 42:3 ‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.
Job 42:4 ‘Hear, and I will speak; I will question you, and you make it known to me.’
Job 42:5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you;
Job 42:6 therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”
Duh

Lydia was a worshipper of Godbefore her heart was opened

Cornelius prayed always and his alms giving came up as a memorial before God before he knew Christ and was sved

Abraham left his home and was willing to offer his son to God

you gave a problem applying your interpretation

Saying something, or even wishing it to be true does not make it so.

You think a mature Christian cannot read 1Cor 2 but has to look at it as though he is still an immature Christian.
Ridiculous.
In context Paul is talking about Christ being crucified, and that if the natural man could understand Spiritual truths they would have known who Christ is and they would not have crucified Him, the Lord of Glory.

That has got Zero to do with baby Christians, not understanding spiritual truths
You are only lying to yourself.
1 Cor 3:1 - Paul clarifies that while he is speaking to born again Christians, he cannot speak to them as spiritual but as to men of flesh who are spiritual babies.
Your claim is that I am inventing this concept, just concocting it to satisfy my imagination, but if you are willing to read this verse for what it says, the truth I have been promoting is stated here in black and white

Last edited:
Back