John 15 Losing eternal life

The point is that you don't have to see it my way.

Paul writes:
1Co 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

This is not my idea, it comes from scripture and you are flat-out ignoring it. Or at a minimum you are attempting to change it by saying the "natural man" in that verse should be applied not to the natural, un-spiritual man, but to "naturally" baby Christians who are spiritual.

This is just dishonest, and is evidence that you are indeed not seeking truth, but rather prefer to live in a lie.
Your post is double minded.
On one had you claim I don't need to see it your way,suggesting that I just take scripture as it is
Then you turn around and give me your intepretation and claim I am wrong for not having your interpretation
Can you see the failure in that two ended logic?

The truth is, I do take scripture for what it says and I depend on the Holy Spirit to give me insight.
When I talked about Chapter 3 and what it did for the understanding of Chapters 1 and 2, you did not engage, you just claimed I was wrong. No reason. Just wrong

By the way, on anothet issue, when you claim that I am a liar, yet I know that I am being honest about what I see, it often means that you are describing yourself.

On one had you claim I don't need to see it your way,suggesting that I just take scripture as it is
Then you turn around and give me your intepretation and claim I am wrong for not having your interpretation

The truth is, I do take scripture for what it says and I depend on the Holy Spirit to give me insight.
When I talked about Chapter 3 and what it did for the understanding of Chapters 1 and 2, you did not engage, you just claimed I was wrong. No reason. Just wrong

By the way, on anothet issue, when you claim that I am a liar, yet I know that I am being honest about what I see, it often means that you are describing yourself.
Wouldn't you say he has a stronghold?

Does the natural man have the ability to understand the wretchedness of his own sin?

Paul spoke of being ignorant of that information. What changed this for Paul? He knew the Scriptures. He had the witness of nature. The witness of the Gospel.

1Ti 1:13 though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief,

Does the natural man have the ability to understand the wretchedness of his own sin?

Paul spoke of being ignorant of that information. What changed this for Paul? He knew the Scriptures. He had the witness of nature. The witness of the Gospel.

1Ti 1:13 though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief,
There is a sense in which none of us, even the saved, trully understand the depth of our own sin, though the Bible describes it in various ways, but a saved person has at least acknowledged that the condition exists and asked God to deliver them.
But as for the concept of sin: unbelievers understand that concept. They know murder and theft are wrong. You do not need the indwelling Holy Spirit to acknowledge that, though they may lack conviction over having committed those sins

Not often here as this place seems to be serious and touchy, but in real life I like to pull a leg or two
If you want to see how much Civic changed, start reading his Thread on this Link...

And post about how much you and he now agree...

If you want to see how much Civic changed, start reading his Thread on this Link...

And post about how much you and he now agree...
I just read most of that post you sent me too. I mostly would not relate to that posters main point that God did not vent wrath on His Son. Interesting position but it is in opposition to the majority of the church as I understand current church and church history.
Do you agree that God did not vent His wrath on His son on the cross?

I just read most of that post you sent me too. I mostly would not relate to that posters main point that God did not vent wrath on His Son. Interesting position but it is in opposition to the majority of the church as I understand current church and church history.
Do you agree that God did not vent His wrath on His son on the cross?
No, I teach that God did pour his Wrath out on Jesus...

But it was a great Thread. By the end of it, you will see how much he changed. If he can come back, he and Seth would be great pals these days...

No, I teach that God did pour his Wrath out on Jesus...

But it was a great Thread. By the end of it, you will see how much he changed. If he can come back, he and Seth would be great pals these days...
I have only recently heard of claims that God did not vent His wrath at the cross. I wonder has that doctrine been around a long time?

Back