John 17:3 does not disprove Jesus is God

JNelson

Thomas believed in only one God but knew to refer to Jesus as "my God."
Wrong, he knew the one God was the Father just like Jesus and that the Father was in Jesus just as Jesus told him the night before he was crucified.

Fred

Wrong, he knew the one God was the Father just like Jesus and that the Father was in Jesus just as Jesus told him the night before he was crucified.
The Father is in all believers (2 Cor. 6:16), but Christians should not refer to each other as "my God." Thus, your assertion fails big time.

Fred

Once again you leave out the Holy Spirit, why do you trinitarians neglect him so much if he is co-equal??

Jesus knows what the Father tells him and reveals to him.
Thus, what applies to God "alone" encompasses the Lord Jesus.

JNelson

The Father is in all believers (2 Cor. 6:16), but Christians should not refer to each other as "my God." Thus, your assertion fails big time.
Yes but you know quite well that the Father was in Jesus to a completely different extent. Duet. 18:18 and John 14:10 are just two of many clear examples of this.

Fred

Yes but you know quite well that the Father was in Jesus to a completely different extent. Duet. 18:18 and John 14:10 are just two of many clear examples of this.
Which proves the Lord Jesus is God. Deut. 18:18 is cited in Acts 7 by Stephen. Jesus, being the prophet spoken of, is the proper recipient of prayer (Acts 7:59-60) - and only God is to be prayed (1 KIngs 8:38-39).
https://forums.carm.org/threads/only-pray-to-god.7370/

Fred

Jesus is never prayed to my friend. We pray to God in Jesus’ name.

The prayer in Acts 1:24 is to Jesus. Even another poster who denies the Lord Jesus is God agrees.
See post 32

Furthermore, this article from Biblical Unitarian also affirms the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer.

Fred

So just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

There is only ___ Master(s) for every Christian.

What number would you put in the blank?

I would put 1.
I already answered this. See post 4.

Go bark up another tree.

Last edited: