John 5:19 - Is Jesus limited to what the Father does?

God has given Jesus all power and authority because He is the Messiah, according to Daniel. You don't get another one after the destruction of the temple in 70AD. It's just not there.
You can keep trying, and keep failing. You don't seem to understand that I've heard alllllll of this before. I do not find it convincing.

I always switch to the word Jesus. The messiah aka christ has not yet come.
Read Daniel 9. He already came. The temple was destroyed after the Anointed One is killed. Jesus fulfilled that. After that you do not get a benevolent messiah, you get the antichrist. Read the book.

Quote scripture regarding ANY rabbi receiving smikha.
Jesus is called a rabbi many times in scripture.
Rachel, all you have is your gospels, which blend myth and legend in with history. You cannot assume that they accurately record that Jesus was a rabbi. The odds are FAR more likely that the title was applied backwards by later generations.

That's your opinion and it's wrong. If it wasn't God's word to us He would not have allowed it to be joined with the Old Covenant.
It wasn't joined. The church did that, not the keepers of the Oracles of God. ;)

The New Covenant fulfills it perfectly.
Well, the real New Covenant is the same law written on the hearts and minds of the houses of Israel and Judah, Jer 31:31-34. The Church and the NT is hardly the answer to that. ;)

When we are resting and inactive we can dwell on God and fulfill the aspects mentioned in Isaiah. "Be still and know that I am God."
Rotfl... we can do that in the synagogue as well. You do know Jesus went to the synagogue on the true Sabbath?

Just admit that no one is restricted to bed on the Sabbath. If you chose that, that's your choice.

Back