John 5:19 - Is Jesus limited to what the Father does?

Defining terms:

---from----------to---from----------to
morning< day > evening < night > morning

morning and evening are demarcation points
to differentiate between day (light) and night (darkness)
Doesn't specify the time in between. Just in the verse you're referencing, there are two definitions of day, ie, Gen 1:5, etc.

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
In the true God's service.

Last edited:
Please tell me you know about Plate Tectonics? These seashells in the deserts and mountains are not evidence of any global flood. They are evidence that the plate was once underwater, but tectonic activity pushed it up.

The evidence of a global flood would be a single uniform layer of sediment that was all around the globe. This evidence doesn't exist. So while there have been floods, there has not been a global flood.
Oh, sure....I know about them.
Do you know about this?

Defining terms:

Doesn't specify the time in between. Just in the verse you're referencing, there are two definitions of day, ie, Gen 1:5, etc.

From Jewjitzu's perspective, what are the two definitions of day, i.e. Gen 1:5?

Genesis 1:5 Revised Standard Version of the Bible
5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

The interpretation that I provided is true according to the Scriptures. (i.e. morning and evening are demarcation points
to differentiate between day (light) and night (darkness))

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Two different units of time not determined by our Sun.

5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

The interpretation that I provided is true according to the Scriptures. (i.e. morning and evening are demarcation points
Not necessarily.

What are day and night?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Defining terms:

Two different units of time not determined by our Sun.
Not necessarily.
What are day and night?

What are day and night?

Moses and the congregation of Israel knew the difference between day and night.

Exodus 13:21-22
Numbers 9:15-16 https://biblehub.com/text/numbers/9-15.htm
Numbers 14:14

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Last edited:
a single "local" landmass covered with water is a global flood
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. There is no universal sediment layer in the Strata formed in teh age of Pangea.

You gotta love this pick and choose approach to science. When science contradicts them, the drop their allegience to science. But if science supports them, what's the first thing they go to? LOL

"Real Christians" arguments are fallacious. Look up the logical fallacy known as No True Scotsman.
The argue with James who said "The devils believe and they tremble" Are they Christians, of course not. Real Christianity begins with belief and is evidenced by behavior. There are tares among the wheat and goats among the sheep.

No basis in scripture?

Jeremiah 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

If the law is written on their hearts, it means it is no longer necessary to teach right and wrong to children. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT THIS TIME

Jeremiah 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

If they shall all know God, that means there is no more atheists. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT THIS TIME

So, NO. The New Covenant has not happened yet.
You are misinterpreting Jeremiah 31:34. All those who receive the New Covenant will know the Lord. You are taking the verse out of context.

Defining terms:

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
On the Hebrew time table the new day begins at sundown. The text is saying that the day is not a literal 24 hours, but a designated segment of time. There are seven of them in which God created everything.

Nope, gentiles are grafted into Israel by acceptance of the same laws as the native, Acts 15, Isaiah 56:1-8. God's spirit, is in the Torah.

Sorry, but following God's words and laws isn't legalism but love and obedience. Acts 15 says the spirit guided James in the initial requirements for gentiles.

Actually, as Jeremiah 31:31-34 proves, the new covenant entails the same laws written on the hearts and minds, and specifically to the houses of Israel and Judah.
I am not saying God's laws don't apply. But under the New Covenant the Gentiles are grafted in by faith, not works. The works are the product of the faith but not the means. If there is no love, then the law becomes legalisms if there is no spirit, mercy or compassion.

Yep, doesn't say how long the day was.
It is saying it is not a literal 24 hour day, but a designated segment of time. They calculate 4,000 years back to the fall when they started keeping track of the lineages. Before that Adam and Eve could have been on the planet procreating for centuries.

You can't say where God is because He isn't physical.

Actually, His glory or evidence of His creation is everywhere. Since He is omniscient there's no need to be everywhere. ;)

So you're admitting Jesus isn't everywhere nor God. ;)
With the exception of letting Moses see His backside, God is depicted in heaven.
God is omnicient which means He knows everything. He is omnipresent which means He is everywhere because He is Spirit and the Holy Spirit is His Spirit.
God is everywhere because His Spirit is omnipresent. Jesus' Spirit is God's Spirit, so His Spirit is everywhere too. You missed the point of the example of the electrical cord. God is so holy we cannot see His being so He operates through His Spirit. His being would fry us. We can't touch the power itself, but we can be touched by His Spirit.

Nope, Jews is plural and not singular.

Yep, listening to our message by our Torah and prophets brings life.
The prophecies show that the Messiah would bring salvation to the Gentiles. The Jews were the womb through which the Messiah would come.
God said He was going to change the covenants and under the New Covenant eternal life is given through the Messiah's sacrifice.
God said He was goig to

I am not saying God's laws don't apply. But under the New Covenant the Gentiles are grafted in by faith, not works. The works are the product of the faith but not the means. If there is no love, then the law becomes legalisms if there is no spirit, mercy or compassion.
You don't think it's possible to have faith and works? James said it is.

Back