John Chapter 1 states clearly Jesus was and is very God, and also a man!

Yahchristian

John Chapter 1 states clearly Jesus was and is very God, and also a man!

I agree !!!

But to clarify what we each mean when we say “Jesus was and is very God, and also a man”...

Are you...

A) Making an identity statement like “Jesus was and is YHWH, and also a man”.

Or are you...

B) Making a predication like “Jesus was and is divine, and also a man”.

I am making an identity statement (A) that Jesus is the incarnation of YHWH.

Yahweh will increase

I agree !!!

But to clarify what we each mean when we say “Jesus was and is very God, and also a man”...

Are you...

Or are you...

And God was the Logos without the definite article, has to be defined and confined or restricted by the actual meaning of the word Logos itself and the word Logos is confined to things revolving around the mind of God either spoken or unspoken and of course before the world was it was unspoken.

What was the focus of the Mind of God or Logos in the beginning before the world was?

Here is a hint, "for through him were all things created" and this is speaking of God's foreknowledge of the man Jesus Christ and his dying on that cross and which God planned and also foresaw as the hope for his creating everything he created knowing in advance as he did that it would fall into the hands of Satan.

He created all things therefore by that hope of Jesus coming and dying on the cross to make it even worth it and just for God to create all things knowing what he did about the fall.

Therefore when the Logos became flesh, it was his Divine plan and foreknowledge of Jesus that was made a living reality in flesh.

John was never speaking of two God's and which to interpret it the way trins do, John would have been saying, for he never mentions two persons who are the same God in the passage, but rather the Logos who was God without the article being with The God in the beginning and therefore the way they interpret it, John would be speaking literally of two Gods and not just one God.

Therefore when John said "and God was the word" he was personifying God in his mind and thinking and reasoning and which was focused on the coming of Jesus to die for the sins of all men and it was through his foreknowledge of that hope, that he created all things and without which he wouldn't have created any of it at all.

YeshuaFan

I agree !!!

Are you...

Or are you...

I am saying Jesus is Yahweh, not just a mere"god"

Yahchristian

The Father and Holy Spirit are also Yahweh

Okay, so you actually believe...

Jesus is one of three who are called Yahweh.

Just to clarify...

I think you would say this precise statement is True...

“Jesus is the incarnation of one of three who are called Yahweh.”

But would you say this precise statement is True?

“Jesus is the incarnation of Yahweh.”

I would.

YeshuaFan

Okay, so you actually believe...

Jesus is one of three who are called Yahweh.

Just to clarify...

I think you would say this precise statement is True...

“Jesus is the incarnation of one of three who are called Yahweh.”

But would you say this precise statement is True?

“Jesus is the incarnation of Yahweh.”

I would.
He is Yahweh, but is not the same as the father

Yahchristian

Jesus is God, but is NOT the only Person who is God!

So........

When my friends ask me... How does your view differ from the Trinity view?

I can say... I believe Jesus is the incarnation of Yahweh, whereas Trinitarians do not.

Would that be a true statement?

JNelson

Wrong. John 1 is about the word of God coming into the world. This is why John 1 also talks about JTB and it was at Jesus’ baptism that “the word became flesh and tabernacled among us”.