John Knox wasn't a KJVOist

praise_yeshua

I was reading a KJVOist website the other day and they were praising John Knox.....

I thought to myself..... It is impossible for John Know to have been a KJVOist? I wonder if you know why I say this without having to go research this yourself?

Just FYI.....Those reformers used the Geneva Bible.

RiJoRi

J. Knox was definitely a man ahead of his time, considering he died in 1572! 🙄 (15 seconds work with Google 😒) And, if I recollect correct, James did not like Calvinists. So why a KJVO site would laud Knox is incomprehensible. 🤷‍♂️

--Rich

Beloved Daughter

I was reading a KJVOist website the other day and they were praising John Knox.....

I thought to myself..... It is impossible for John Know to have been a KJVOist? I wonder if you know why I say this without having to go research this yourself?

Just FYI.....Those reformers used the Geneva Bible.

Indeed, he did use the Geneva. He was the leader of the Scottish reformation. He was absolutely a Calvinist.
The AV1611 hadn't been conceived of when he died.

Typical of KJVO sites. Facts don't matter. They make it up as they go along.

Beloved Daughter

J. Knox was definitely a man ahead of his time, considering he died in 1572! 🙄 (15 seconds work with Google 😒) And, if I recollect correct, James did not like Calvinists. So why a KJVO site would laud Knox is incomprehensible. 🤷‍♂️

--Rich

Yet, James commissioned the Church of England for the KJV. They all held to the 39 articles of the faith, hence Calvinists.

There is a difference between a Calvinist and a Puritan Calvinist. A review of Swiss history lays out the history of prominent Calvinists. Pastor KNOX traveled to Geneva.

The difference is stark when one considers that two of the KJV translators called for death penalty of Puritans.

To complicate matters more, a Puritan, John Rainolds suggested a new Bible which became the KJV.

This is a good series to learn more.