John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

JAG

edit image violation

John MacArthur . . . .
(John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.)

. . . . is a very distinguished Christian pastor, expository preacher and Reformed Calvinist
systematic theologian.

He is also an excellent primitive traditional Patriarchal Family man. He is married to his
wife Patricia and they have four children, fifteen gradchildren and two great-grandsons.

John MacArthur has pastored Grace Community Church in California since February 1969 --
that's 54 years.

He has written or edited over 150 books -- the most popular is the MacArthur Study Bible
which has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

The good news is John MacArthur is a strong Bible believing Reformed Presbyterian Calvinist.

The bad news is his defeatist eschatology -- sadly he holds the doomsday Premillennial
Dispensational view of the future of the Christian Church -- BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT.

John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher. That means, unlike a huge number of
preachers he is short on giving you his personal OPINIONS nd long on giving you what the
Bible ACTUALLY SAYS.

John MacArthur has a large number of expository video sermons on YouTube. Here is one of
them:

Thoughts?

[]

Last edited by a moderator:
As I recall, Mac's also a cessationist.
Yes he is and mocks and ridicules all those with the gifts of the spirit today and calls them evil. He has written books on that topic.He also mocks those who do not worship God like their church does with hands raised praising Jesus . This is common practice with Calvinists . Where is the love ?

Yes he is and mocks and ridicules all those with the gifts of the spirit today and calls them evil. He has written books on that topic.He also mocks those who do not worship God like their church does with hands raised praising Jesus . This is common practice with Calvinists . Where is the love ?
Typical.

Lol, the sowers of discord, strife, and division are here already mocking MacArthur and not one of them could refute a single line in any of his books i.e. Strange Fire or Charismatic Chaos.

But can they falsely accuse, show disdain, slander, cause strife and division? Yes, yes they can.

Where's the love for the God of Scripture and His people in anti-Calvinism? Everywhere you look they are spreading disdain, strife, division, discord, ridicule, slander.

Those??? ? and their fruit...

640x480.webp

John MacArthur . . . .
(John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.)

. . . . is a very distinguished Christian pastor, expository preacher and Reformed Calvinist
systematic theologian.

He is also an excellent primitive traditional Patriarchal Family man. He is married to his
wife Patricia and they have four children, fifteen gradchildren and two great-grandsons.

John MacArthur has pastored Grace Community Church in California since February 1969 --
that's 54 years.

He has written or edited over 150 books -- the most popular is the MacArthur Study Bible
which has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

The good news is John MacArthur is a strong Bible believing Reformed Presbyterian Calvinist.
Calvinistic but not Presbyterian.
The bad news is his defeatist eschatology -- sadly he holds the doomsday Premillennial
Dispensational view of the future of the Christian Church -- BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT.

John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher. That means, unlike a huge number of
preachers he is short on giving you his personal OPINIONS nd long on giving you what the
Bible ACTUALLY SAYS.
Correct, verse by verse. 42 years through the NT iirc.
John MacArthur has a large number of expository video sermons on YouTube. Here is one of
them:

Thoughts?

[]
God has greatly blessed him and his ministry, reaching people for Christ worldwide.

Lol, the sowers of discord, strife, and division are here already mocking MacArthur and not one of them could refute a single line in any of his books i.e. Strange Fire or Charismatic Chaos.

But can they falsely accuse, show disdain, slander, cause strife and division? Yes, yes they can.

Where's the love for the God of Scripture and His people in anti-Calvinism? Everywhere you look they are spreading disdain, strife, division, discord, ridicule, slander.

Where is his love for Christian’s with the gifts of the spirit he says is from the devil?

Humans are an aggressive adversarial combative warrior species.
That is just how it is in this present age or epoch. And Christians kill
each other in wars --some examples: World War 1 and World War 2 was
fought mostly between Christian nations as was the American Civil War
and the American Revolutionary War -- add all that up, and you have millions
of Christian soldiers killing millions of other Christian soldiers.

The Sovereign God will get rid of all that one day in the far off future, but I don't
see it happening in the foreseeable future ie any time soon.

Thanks for your comments.

Best

JAG

[]

If you believe the Bible is "false teachers", then that explains your heresies edit per mod
I was referring to pastors / teachers who accuse believers with the gift of tongues as being from the devil like MacArthur teaches . He sows discord and causes dissension in the body of Christ .

Last edited by a moderator:
A significant number of the charismatics make the false absurd claim that they
get special revelation directly from God and that is Pandora's Box and it has
boo coo ugly nasty things that pop out.

Once we accept the principle that "Christians" can get special direct revelation
from God than how does one argue with God?

Answer: You can't argue with God.

Let me give you some examples:

We have some "Christian" female preachers that ignore the plain commands of
the Bible that say woman cannot preach and they claim that God has called
them to preach. They got special revelation from God that VOIDED out the
clear commands of God in the New Testament that say females cannot be
preachers.

So?

So if you are going to embrace the principle that Christians can today get direct
revelation from God, then that means I also can get it.

So if I tell you that God spoke to me today and told me that the Calvinistic
Theological System was the one and only true theological system -- then that
settles forever this issue.

Also if I tell you that God spoke to me today and told me that all the female preachers
are doing the work of Satan -- then that forever settles that issue too.

Unless one claims that God only gives direct revelation to THEM.

But. . . .

Anybody can make that claim too.

So?

So significant numbers of the charismatics introduce stark raving insanity into the 21st
century Christian Church.

Then in another vein there is the obvious nutty stuff. Check this out:

Listen to this crazy stuff. Holy Laughing.

Best,

JAG

[]

Back