John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

What does that do for the person dying for a glass of living water, but you are trying to give him heavily salted steak?
The Living Water died for His people, not the every single person who has every lived. You're making it seem like substitution is meat and not milk.

You add to the gospel like the Judaizers. Not the same lie, but you add to it.
Wow. By saying that Christ died for His people is adding to the Gospel?

Maybe the well meant offer is subtracting from the Gospel...

I didn't misunderstand what I wrote three times.

What does that do for the person dying for a glass of living water, but you are trying to give him heavily salted steak?

I hope so. He didn't say some guy died on a cross without meaning.

That's a great question. Why was He crucified and not run through with a sword? He would still bleed and die. We would have to ask God why Jesus had to be high and lifted up like that serpent in the wilderness. I mean, that is really the only reason we were given in scripture without a lot of exegesis, and even then can we be sure?

Punitive substitutionary atonement.

That's what we usually do for people who pass away.

The Father was satisfied with the sacrifice of His Son.

I read it. It doesn't make your point.

Yes, but Paul didn't hash it out. No seminary class for the dying, because that would take too long. (Also, God doesn't require it.)

You do the same, considering I already explained what I was saying THREE times, and you didn't get it until now. You add to the gospel like the Judaizers. Not the same lie, but you add to it.
Yep, thou dost protest too much.

I'll take your fake unsubstantiated rebuke, and simply overlook it, I don't need to defend myself against false accusations.

Run along now, and/or get your last word in.

Exactly the person adds to the gospel as you observed during this dialogue. One doesn’t need a theology background to believe and understand the simple gospel message and be saved.
He isn't wrong that Christ crucified is an abstraction, but non-believers don't need to know what is under the hood, just as even though I own a car, I don't have to be able to break it down to panels and bolts and put it back together again.

Poor Paul, "adding to the Gospel" (just like me) here in his reiteration of preaching it to others, LOL!:

15 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles." 1 Corinthians 15:1-7

Yeah, I'm in good company. :cool:

Last edited:
Yep, thou dost protest too much.

I'll take your fake unsubstantiated rebuke, and simply overlook it, I don't need to defend myself against false accusations.

Run along now, and/or get your last word in.
You are saying there is more than what Paul said it was. Why do you call correction, rebuke? A progressive? A member of the inclusivity, let's cancel you, crowd? You misunderstood me, and I tried to correct your misperception, and of course you attacked me for it. You will notice I never left the correction route.

You are saying there is more than what Paul said it was. Why do you call correction, rebuke? A progressive? A member of the inclusivity, let's cancel you, crowd? You misunderstood me, and I tried to correct your misperception, and of course you attacked me for it. You will notice I never left the correction route.
Exactly

Guilty of speaking against Christ? No
No, certainly you've used the LORD's name in vain. When you speak against the church, you've spoken against Him as well.

But my question was initially about idle words being spoken and that all of us have done so and will give an account. You've been moving the goal posts into a position where you think you're innocent ever since.

But I digress, I've lost interest in your games and non-answers.

Take care!

No, certainly you've used the LORD's name in vain. When you speak against the church, you've spoken against Him as well.

But my question was initially about idle words being spoken and that all of us have done so and will give an account. You've been moving the goal posts into a position where you think you're innocent ever since.

Take care!
Is this the pot calling the kettle black? You do the same thing to every non Calvinist in this forum and even some Calvinists lately. Can you see your log or just his splinter?

No, certainly you've used the LORD's name in vain.
NEVER in all my decades on this earth!!!
When you speak against the church, you've spoken against Him as well.
My love for Christ and His Church has NEVER led me to speak against The Church!
But my question was initially about idle words being spoken and that all of us have done so and will give an account.
Agreed
You call it non-answers, I call it -- 'not what you want to hear' 🧐 🤔
Take care!
Have a blessed day!!!

Back