John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

But there is nothing to learn about what salvation is/how it works, before one gets saved.
Thanks for your response bro. I would have to disagree with you here though.

Baptismal regeneration? Heard of that one? How about Oneness? How about the sign of speaking in tongues having to be an immediate sign or you're not saved? That goes on around here. How about the JW "gospel?" These are mixtures of errant soteriology and an errant gospel is the result.

How about Provisionism? Do you have to be choice meat? The list of things one must have done to be elected, to merit grace? That false system will continue to devolve into more and more errors.
(Hence the Thd non-requirement). The gospel is Christ and Christ crucified. Anything else is no longer the gospel.
It's more than just Christ crucified when we hash it out though. Biblically the statement is inclusive of these things (death, burial, resurrection, sighting).
Soteriology is what the Judaizers used to lead believers astray. To add to what they already have.
I wouldn't stop there as it would be naive of me to think that they didn't use their message for new converts. And for the record? Paul called it "another gospel." They were preaching it as such; Galatians 1:8-10.

Thanks for your response bro. I would have to disagree with you here though.

Baptismal regeneration? Heard of that one? How about Oneness? How about the sign of speaking in tongues having to be an immediate sign or you're not saved? That goes on around here. How about the JW "gospel?" These are mixtures of errant soteriology and an errant gospel is the result.

How about Provisionism? Do you have to be choice meat? The list of things one must have done to be elected, to merit grace? That false system will continue to devolve into more and more errors.
So, when I have some convert wailing at sin, which seminary do I send them to first before God opens the gates to the Kingdom? Sorry, you don't have a Thd, so God doesn't want you? There is no needed knowledge outside of the gospel. Paul did not add ANYTHING to Christ crucified. In fact, he cursed those who did...which when fully translated out, he damned them to hell.
It's more than just Christ crucified when we hash it out though. Biblically the statement is inclusive of these things (death, burial, resurrection, sighting).
Why are you hashing anything out? That guy you are preaching to is dying, but you need to hash things out? I'm sorry, you can't get saved yet, I'm only on page 37 of 50? Oh, and since you can't remember the first 37 pages, that's bad? The fact that those things are inclusive means they don't need to know it, right? We are talking about the salvation of souls here, not the bestowing of Thds or Phds. That all comes after. That is soteriology. The study of salvation, not the gaining of salvation.
I wouldn't stop there as it would be naive of me to think that they didn't use their message for new converts. And for the record? Paul called it "another gospel." They were preaching it as such; Galatians 1:8-10.
They used their message for new converts. Where is the rest of that context?
"6 I wonder that ye are so quickly removed from Him who did call you in the grace of Christ to another good news; [they were already saved]
7 that is not another, except there be certain who are troubling you, and wishing to pervert the good news of the Christ; [Hmmm...troubling whom? Paul's audience, members of the Galatian church.]
8 but even if we or a messenger out of heaven may proclaim good news to you different from what we did proclaim to you -- anathema let him be!
9 as we have said before, and now say again, If any one to you may proclaim good news different from what ye did receive -- anathema let him be!
10 for now men do I persuade, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if yet men I did please -- Christ's servant I should not be."[Note Paul even said if he changed the message, and one different then was already proclaimed to them (hmm...still dealing with converts), then let them be accursed.]

So, when I have some convert wailing at sin, which seminary do I send them to first before God opens the gates to the Kingdom? Sorry, you don't have a Thd, so God doesn't want you? There is no needed knowledge outside of the gospel. Paul did not add ANYTHING to Christ crucified. In fact, he cursed those who did...which when fully translated out, he damned them to hell.
You're being disingenuous about what I stated and are going on an uneccessary tangent. Or you've completely missed my points.

When Paul said Christ crucified, it meant much more. It has more implications than this. That is in 1 Corinthians 2:2 for the record.

Do you suppose he perhaps told them who this Christ was?

Why he was crucified?

The purpose behind it?

That He was buried?

That He was raised from the dead?

Of course. He goes on and shows what he preached to them in chapter 15.

Why are you hashing anything out? That guy you are preaching to is dying, but you need to hash things out? I'm sorry, you can't get saved yet, I'm only on page 37 of 50? Oh, and since you can't remember the first 37 pages, that's bad? The fact that those things are inclusive means they don't need to know it, right? We are talking about the salvation of souls here, not the bestowing of Thds or Phds. That all comes after. That is soteriology. The study of salvation, not the gaining of salvation.
Lolzzz...

The hashing out? The crucifixion implies also that He died, was buried, was resurrected, and was seen; 1 Corinthians 15:1-7. That's the hashing out. I'm certain I can get that thing in there before the guy dies, don't you?

Bro, sorry to say, but thou dost protest too much.
They used their message for new converts. Where is the rest of that context?
"6 I wonder that ye are so quickly removed from Him who did call you in the grace of Christ to another good news; [they were already saved]
7 that is not another, except there be certain who are troubling you, and wishing to pervert the good news of the Christ; [Hmmm...troubling whom? Paul's audience, members of the Galatian church.]
8 but even if we or a messenger out of heaven may proclaim good news to you different from what we did proclaim to you -- anathema let him be!
9 as we have said before, and now say again, If any one to you may proclaim good news different from what ye did receive -- anathema let him be!
10 for now men do I persuade, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if yet men I did please -- Christ's servant I should not be."[Note Paul even said if he changed the message, and one different then was already proclaimed to them (hmm...still dealing with converts), then let them be accursed.]
Paul said they preached a false what, another what? "If any man preach unto you any other..." what? Hint: He didn't say they preached a false soteriology. I'm just going by Scripture, and what it teaches.

Both "gospels" that I've seen presented here are very simple. To say one of these "gospels" is hard to understand, is not true. Christ crucified is the Gospel. That includes who Christ is and what He accomplished. According to the Scriptures...

A. Christ came to save His people from their sins.

B. Christ came to save every single person who has every lived from their sins.

But there is nothing to learn about what salvation is/how it works, before one gets saved. (Hence the Thd non-requirement). The gospel is Christ and Christ crucified. Anything else is no longer the gospel. Soteriology is what the Judaizers used to lead believers astray. To add to what they already have.
Exactly

Both "gospels" that I've seen presented here are very simple. To say one of these "gospels" is hard to understand, is not true. Christ crucified is the Gospel.
That is not the gospel. You left out the dying for sins , His death, His burial, His resurrection and the many appearances seen by many witnesses.

Salvation is accomplished by the death of Christ. The resurrection proves that He justified His people after rising from the dead on the 3rd day.

Romans 4
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Hebrews 7
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Hebrews 9
7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Phillipians 2
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Last edited:
Both "gospels" that I've seen presented here are very simple. To say one of these "gospels" is hard to understand, is not true. Christ crucified is the Gospel. That includes who Christ is and what He accomplished.
Yes, it includes all that He accomplished. I didn't take your post as being exhaustive in intention, and that you were aware the Gospel goes into more detail.
According to the Scriptures...

A. Christ came to save His people from their sins.

B. Christ came to save every single person who has every lived from their sins.
Those are the extent of the Gospel, or its objective. If Christ (God in flesh) came to save every single person ever, every single person ever would be saved.

Except for the fact that those He represented on the cross and through His resurrection shows this isn't the case. His work there was His indisputable accomplishment of every detail mentioned in Ephesians 2 for those for whom He died. These things didn't take place for every human.

They have said that this time around is different then all the other times. We are actually on the precipice of some really bad times. This time around it isn't going to be some simple death of a nation, but actual damage to the creation. What is very different this time around? When the church hit hard times last time, there was some place to go. There isn't anywhere left to go anymore, but up. The one's who push for postmillennialism (outside of sane Christianity) are very much set against Christ. The one's who are really pushing for it. They are a part of the circus surrounding Trump.

I don't think there ever was an actual democracy. We are but a representative Republic, though it is getting harder to see it.

You should read John MacArthur's book on the second coming. I have it, but I don't remember the title off hand. It isn't perfect, but it is a good covering of the subject.
I’m postmill and most assuredly am not set against Christ.

Funny thing, at a conference MacArthur quoted Calvin and it supported his eschatological point. Everyone enjoyed it and they all laughed over it. So that said I'm not going to go gouging him over it. 50 plus years in one church, leading thousands to Christ and many our of RC church? May God raise up another like him.
Mt 12:36 comes to mind regarding MacArthur.

Mt 12:36 comes to mind regarding MacArthur.
Including those that are happy someone is taken from the CC?
“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ, all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! ‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone! We must meet one another doing good. ‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”
― Pope Francis

Enough said.....

“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ, all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! ‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone! We must meet one another doing good. ‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”
― Pope Francis

Enough said.....
Which dogma was that?

Back