John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

Wrong I linked several modern ones and also Pink . I have provided over a half a dozen yesterday . I’m not reposting them especially for you . Stop harassing me.

Right.
You don't have to post them, and nobody has to accept your false claims.

Confusing them I see since no one I know calls eschatology the gospel and many Calvinists call tulip , the doctrines of grace the gospel that is the issue. One claims it’s essential when it’s not.
You can believe in Jesus, and be completely ignorant of the debates regarding fallen man's hostile-to-God, light-hating condition, election, predestination, faith as a gift from God vs freewillism, etc.; however, once you find out about these things, from the Bible, as a born again Christian, you should believe them; but, opposing them habitually, is a very bad sign.

The Doctrines of Grace, essentially, say that salvation is of the Lord and his grace, and is not contingent upon anything from sinful man. How can anyone who has been born of God keep arguing against this, for years, or decades, on end? Where is the Holy Spirit conviction? Where is the belief of what God has told us about the cross (effectual redemption, propitiation, etc.). Where is the faith in what Jesus came to do (save his people from their sins - not make it possible for everyone to be saved)? Where is the self-awareness?

Wrong I linked several modern ones and also Pink . I have provided over a half a dozen yesterday . I’m not reposting them especially for you . Stop harassing me.

I can only find two posts where you quoted Pink.
They were both the same quote.
You quoted it the first time on Nov. 4, and the second time on Dec. 22:

Calvinist theologian Arthur W. Pink: “When we say that God is sovereign in the exercise of His love, we mean that He loves whom he chooses. God does not love everybody . . . .”

And nowhere does Pink say, "TULIP is the gospel".

So you are proven wrong.

You can believe in Jesus, and be completely ignorant of the debates regarding fallen man's hostile-to-God, light-hating condition, election, predestination, faith as a gift from God vs freewillism, etc.; however, once you find out about these things, from the Bible, as a born again Christian, you should believe them; but, opposing them habitually, is a very bad sign.

The Doctrines of Grace, essentially, say that salvation is of the Lord and his grace, and is not contingent upon anything from sinful man. How can anyone who has been born of God keep arguing against this, for years, or decades, on end? Where is the Holy Spirit conviction? Where is the belief of what God has told us about the cross (effectual redemption, propitiation, etc.). Where is the faith in what Jesus came to do (save his people from their sins - not make it possible for everyone to be saved)? Where is the self-awareness?
This has always been my position as well. Arguing against it in ignorance is one thing. Carrying on a belligerency against these truths for years, day in and day out is another.

Couple that with the insults, strife, discord, willful false accusations and misrepresentations, causing division, purposefully misquoting others to use against these things and frankly us.

Each of these things that come along with the anti-Calvinist co-belligerency, putting it all together, and then looking at the entire big picture of what they are doing, is as you say, "a very bad sign."

Yes, he follows the Bible's teaching that the Apostolic gifts have ceased.
Chuckle!!! Mac follows his "Theological paradigm's INTERPRETATION of the Bible's teaching". Probably thinks "that which is perfect"(1 cor 13:10) refers to the published canon of Scripture. Typical cessationist. The rest of his"Package" seems pretty good, though. One could be Born again nicely under Mac's ministry, and many are.

Last edited:
For the record even some forms of Amillenialism are post mill in that they see Christ returning at the end of the church age which is seen as the millenium
The difference between amillennialism and postmillennialism is that the amillennialist is a pessimist and the postmillennialist is a optimist.

Well, it is more like I haven't settled on an eschatalogical camp as of yet. I do need to study it out, get a book on the differing views and sort it all out with the Scriptures.
Due note that it is said that there is only one passage, only one verse out of all scripture that supports postmillennialism. (The optimistic amillennialism)

Confusing them I see since no one I know calls eschatology the gospel and many Calvinists call tulip , the doctrines of grace the gospel that is the issue. One claims it’s essential when it’s not.
The gospel is essential. It isn't my fault if many mistake soteriology for the gospel.

Ones soteriology can show forth that they have a false gospel.
Yes if they cannot preach to the unconverted Christ died for our sins they have a false gospel

1 Corinthians 15:1–11 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

Ones soteriology can show forth that they have a false gospel.
Agreed and Calvinism fails every single truth test and how to tell the truth from false doctrines .

Origin
Authority
Consistency
Growth
Godly living

Yes if they cannot preach to the unconverted Christ died for our sins they have a false gospel

1 Corinthians 15:1–11 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater partW remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed

Who is "our', "you"?

Its not an argument just a noting of a commonality
They hold most in common. The difference is that the amillennialist sees the world falling apart, while the post-millennialist sees himself as super man here to save the world from itself, to present to Christ when He returns.

If one's soteriology teaches what the Judaizers taught, it makes their GOSPEL false, as Paul said; Galatians 1:8-10.

Come on bro...no need for that. Thanks.
But there is nothing to learn about what salvation is/how it works, before one gets saved. (Hence the Thd non-requirement). The gospel is Christ and Christ crucified. Anything else is no longer the gospel. Soteriology is what the Judaizers used to lead believers astray. To add to what they already have.

Back