John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

I don't really care if you think it is accurate or not. I know for a fact what he has said and taught regarding Arminians and nearly every bit of it is a pit lie.
I cannot believe how they can deny his public comments that belittle Arminians and Charismatics alike .

I can't believe how you can't list any examples.

Or........ Maybe I can.
Here he tells lies about Arminians

As Calvinists, Arminians believe that the Bible clearly teaches that humanity is “unwilling” to come to Christ Jesus on their own (John 5:39-40), and that they are “unable” to keep God’s laws (Rom. 8:7-8). People, due to their depravity, are dead in sins (Eph. 2:1), separated from God (Eph. 2:13; Isa. 59:2), “darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts” (Eph. 4:18 TNIV), “without hope and without God in the world” (Eph. 2:12).

So what's the problem?
Many people claim to be Arminian but are not.
There aren't any "Arminians" on this board.

It's funny watching the anti-Calvinists attacking MacArthur while at the same timed decrying attacking other believers. You can't even make this stuff up, LOL!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: 😂:ROFLMAO:😂:ROFLMAO:

It's funny watching the anti-Calvinists attacking MacArthur while at the same timed decrying attacking other believers. You can't even make this stuff up, LOL!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: 😂:ROFLMAO:😂:ROFLMAO:
I don't think there's a JMac video I haven't seen, and many of them multiple times.
They (on the other hand) haven't watched any, know nothing about him and just pulled some garbage off the internet.
They probably don't know he has plenty of Arminians in his own congregation. Although I'm sure he's trying to straighten them out.

I don't think there's a JMac video I haven't seen, and many of them multiple times.
They (on the other hand) haven't watched any, know nothing about him and just pulled some garbage off the internet.
They probably don't know he has plenty of Arminians in his own congregation. Although I'm sure he's trying to straighten them out.
They can't substantiate any of their accusations. I'm amazed to witness all the hate some have for other believers, and it is hate.

Nobody on this board embraces that utterly shameful display of charlatanism.
People can make any comment they desire to make, but just for the
record I didn't make the claim that there were people on "this board"
that embraced anything.

Also, my view: It would be very difficult, if not impossible, for you
to demonstrate the truth of your claim. There are some very unusual
inhabitants that post on "this board."

Best

JAG

[]

Why do you regard him as distinguished? He has made a career out of attacking and lying about other Christians.
We live in the age/epoch where Christians kill each other by the tens
of millions in wars. Some examples: the American Revolutionary War
was fought between Christian England and Christian America.

The American Civil War was fought between the Christian North and
the Christian South.

World War 1 was, for the most part, fought between Christian nations.

World War 2 was (except for Japan) fought between Christian nations.

So in all that up there we had Christians killing Christians and by the tens of
millions too.

So?

So it would be nice if Christendom had more tolerance for the various doctrinal
disagreements among Christians when there are good reasons to believe that there
is no major doctrinal heresay involved.

Nobody believes that John MacArthur is a heretic on any major Christian doctrine
because everybody knows he is not.

Yet reality tells me that tolerance is NOT going to happen. Why not? Because humans,
and especially we John 3:3 regenerated Christians, are a warrior species. Humans are
aggressive and adversarial and combative - and THAT is a fact.

Best

JAG

[]

I’m not aware that anyone here supports the videos you have posted come from Gods spirit . They do not mean that real charismatic gifts do not exist when done how Paul instructs them to be used in Corinthians .
I did not say that anyone here supported the activities portrayed
in the videos.
Nor did I say that there were no gifts in effect today.

Best

JAG

[]

There are some modern Arminians (not all) who do not agree with some of what Arminius taught. Some of them have been on Old CARM. These ones are closer to semi-Pelagian than the original Arminians were. They teach that "prevenient grace" enables man to believe the gospel; but, they do not go as far as Arminius' statement:

“Arminius describes the Spirit’s operation in the following terms: ‘. . . a new light and knowledge of God and Christ, and of the Divine Will, have been kindled in his mind; and . . . new affections, inclinations and motions agreeing with the law of God, have been excited in his heart, and new powers have been produced [ingeneratae] in him. . . .

“[Then,] being liberated from the kingdom of darkness, and being now made ‘light in the Lord’ (Eph. 5:8) he understands the true and saving Good; that, after the hardness of his stony heart has been changed into the softness of flesh, . . . he loves and embraces that which is good, just, and holy; and that, being made capable [potens] in Christ, co-operating now with God he prosecutes the Good which he knows and loves, and he begins himself to perform it in deed. But this, whatever it may be of knowledge, holiness and power, is all begotten within him by the Holy Spirit. . . .”

Arminius' statement is very close to what men call "Calvinism", re. regeneration.

As Calvinists, Arminians believe that the Bible clearly teaches that humanity is “unwilling” to come to Christ Jesus on their own (John 5:39-40), and that they are “unable” to keep God’s laws (Rom. 8:7-8). People, due to their depravity, are dead in sins (Eph. 2:1), separated from God (Eph. 2:13; Isa. 59:2), “darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts” (Eph. 4:18 TNIV), “without hope and without God in the world” (Eph. 2:12).

So what's the problem?
I am a classical, reformed Arminian and have been for over 20 years. Prior to that I was Wesleyan for two decades. My theology is probably closer to Forlines and Picirilli than anybody else. I am also one of the early members of the Society of Evangelical Arminians founded by Dr. Brian Abasciano

edit image violation

John MacArthur . . . .
(John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.)

. . . . is a very distinguished Christian pastor, expository preacher and Reformed Calvinist
systematic theologian.

He is also an excellent primitive traditional Patriarchal Family man. He is married to his
wife Patricia and they have four children, fifteen gradchildren and two great-grandsons.

John MacArthur has pastored Grace Community Church in California since February 1969 --
that's 54 years.

He has written or edited over 150 books -- the most popular is the MacArthur Study Bible
which has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

The good news is John MacArthur is a strong Bible believing Reformed Presbyterian Calvinist.

The bad news is his defeatist eschatology -- sadly he holds the doomsday Premillennial
Dispensational view of the future of the Christian Church -- BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT.
You do know the doomsday view is amillennialism, right? That is why someone who is post mil is said to be an optimistic amillennialist. You should study his eschatology, and you don't do that by going to dispensationalism. He doesn't believe dispensationalism, other than enough to call himself a leaky dispensationalist. So his view is not premillennial/dispensational (full blooded), but what he found in studying scripture. It was also found by early church fathers, though their view slightly differed on Israel in the millennium. Chilianism is early church premillennialism. And it wasn't doom and gloom for them, as they started throwing parties when they believed the end was coming. You should study premillennialism as there is A LOT involved.
John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher. That means, unlike a huge number of
preachers he is short on giving you his personal OPINIONS nd long on giving you what the
Bible ACTUALLY SAYS.

John MacArthur has a large number of expository video sermons on YouTube. Here is one of
them:

Thoughts?

[]

There are some modern Arminians (not all) who do not agree with some of what Arminius taught. Some of them have been on Old CARM. These ones are closer to semi-Pelagian than the original Arminians were. They teach that "prevenient grace" enables man to believe the gospel; but, they do not go as far as Arminius' statement:

“Arminius describes the Spirit’s operation in the following terms: ‘. . . a new light and knowledge of God and Christ, and of the Divine Will, have been kindled in his mind; and . . . new affections, inclinations and motions agreeing with the law of God, have been excited in his heart, and new powers have been produced [ingeneratae] in him. . . .

“[Then,] being liberated from the kingdom of darkness, and being now made ‘light in the Lord’ (Eph. 5:8) he understands the true and saving Good; that, after the hardness of his stony heart has been changed into the softness of flesh, . . . he loves and embraces that which is good, just, and holy; and that, being made capable [potens] in Christ, co-operating now with God he prosecutes the Good which he knows and loves, and he begins himself to perform it in deed. But this, whatever it may be of knowledge, holiness and power, is all begotten within him by the Holy Spirit. . . .”

Arminius' statement is very close to what men call "Calvinism", re. regeneration.
It isn't libel. He isn't the only one to say this. However, he is one who does say that Arminians are not heretics, and that they can be saved and be Arminian. Why? The gospel, at its heart, is the same for both the Calvinist and the Arminian. They don't differ there. They differ in soteriology, what is happening in the background.

So what's the problem?
Actually there are. There are also provisionists which is very similar

You do know the doomsday view is amillennialism, right? That is why someone who is post mil is said to be an optimistic amillennialist. You should study his eschatology, and you don't do that by going to dispensationalism. He doesn't believe dispensationalism, other than enough to call himself a leaky dispensationalist. So his view is not premillennial/dispensational (full blooded), but what he found in studying scripture. It was also found by early church fathers, though their view slightly differed on Israel in the millennium. Chilianism is early church premillennialism. And it wasn't doom and gloom for them, as they started throwing parties when they believed the end was coming. You should study premillennialism as there is A LOT involved.
Thank you for your comments.

I am an old soldier here inside Thread World and as the decades have
rolled along I have taken positions. Think about that. I mean a man
cannot FOREVER BE UNSETTLED on what he believes, can he?

So?

So I am a locked down old school five point Calvinist and a locked down
Postmillennialists (but NOT Full Preterist - which is heresy.) However
I do believe we are many centuries away from seeing the first permanent
Christian nation on this earth. I believe we are now in the age/epoch of the
rise and fall death cycle of all nations ...

"Remember, Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and
murders itself. There never was a Democracy that did not commit suicide."
__John Adams ( American founding father.)

Best.

JAG

[]

So?

Best.

JAG

[]

Full Preterism is not heresy. It is usually misunderstood. John Gill was a very staunch Calvinist and was very close to being a Full Preterist. Don't believe everything you read from others.

The Full Preterist would rightfully claim that all Scriptures in the NT was written BEFORE 7O AD. The references to the Resurrection being "past" has nothing to do with the teaching of Preterism. I'm not a Full Preterist but I have known some and they are very capable of defending their position and name the wondrous name of Jesus Christ. As such, I would caution against classifying them as heretics.

So?

They have said that this time around is different then all the other times. We are actually on the precipice of some really bad times. This time around it isn't going to be some simple death of a nation, but actual damage to the creation. What is very different this time around? When the church hit hard times last time, there was some place to go. There isn't anywhere left to go anymore, but up. The one's who push for postmillennialism (outside of sane Christianity) are very much set against Christ. The one's who are really pushing for it. They are a part of the circus surrounding Trump.
I don't think there ever was an actual democracy. We are but a representative Republic, though it is getting harder to see it.
Best.

JAG

[]
You should read John MacArthur's book on the second coming. I have it, but I don't remember the title off hand. It isn't perfect, but it is a good covering of the subject.

Back